1. We're looking for active, experienced players to help contribute and grow this site.

If your interested, PM NeoCHI.

G12 Finishers

Discussion in 'Characters, Skills and Equipments' started by Dagor, Jun 19, 2019.

1. Dagor

Dagor Active Member

The G12 finisher recipes are now in game. Looks like a mix of the 'pay' gear they added for DR, Malak, and Padme (100 salvage for each finisher), then you'll need 50 salvage of the Geo TB item (three different items possible) and then a mix of G12+ salvage and rarer raid/farmable salvage like electrobinos, droid callers, etc.

The Geo TB salvage appears to spawn also in the GA Champ store if you're chromium league or higher (albeit a very small amount) and the G12+ salvage also is there gated behind league rank. Pretty interesting.

We'll have some limited control over who we push I guess, mostly based on which TB 'exclusive' items we get from rng. But from what it looks like each character has their own unique G12 finisher, so hopefully there won't be many bottlenecks other than the new 'pay' gear and the TB salvage. I do wonder if they will have a chance to drop fully crafted finishers or just a chance to drop fully crafted Injectors along with the chance at just salvage.

It does appear that the final item (Power Cell Injector (Ionic) in some cases) is actually used by multiple characters (so the recipe is the same) but the actual bonuses that the character gains from that item are different. Eg. Bossk and Darth Revan both need that item listed, but Darth Revan gets 3000 hp, 225 tactics, 8 speed, 119 armor, 50 resistance penetration, and 10% health steal, while Bossk gets 50 Strength, 8 speed, 180 Phys damage, 60 armor pen, 300 phys crit chance, 22% pot, and 16% ten from that same piece.

It's interesting to see what they determined that each character was lacking to keep them competitive as they move into the G13 world. I hope they give us more options for farming the Kyrotech pieces. Basically you either slow farm them or spend $20 worth of crystals for each G12 finisher. I suppose that will keep the whales somewhat happy to have some advantage from spending, but they will still be gated behind the Injector pieces that (at present) seem to be only available from the TB in any significant quantities. Now if they start dropping this stuff into the weekly whale store, we might actually get some major backlash.

2. Electricboa

Electricboa Moderator Staff Member

That premium gear is getting really annoying. It’s pretty clear it’s just a money grab. Every new character we’ve gotten since requires it and now every character needs it to get to G13. It hasn’t eased the gear requirements at all, since it’s harder to get than anything else. The only real bottlenecks we had before were Carbantis, Stun Guns, Stun Cuffs, and the Golden Eyes. All of them we can get from guild shipments, shard shop, or challenges. Instead, we now need several hundred of new gear that it would take weeks to farm or spend hundreds of dollars in crystals to get. That’s the new bottleneck and it’s infinitely worse than anything we had before because there’s no way to get it outside of farming or paying.

I’m also getting sick of these restrictions. First, Malak requires a specific GP for each character to qualify and now it’s the same for the Geo TB. Its only purpose is to force people to gear someone for no good reason. Now, they’re restricting the G12 finishers to pretty much kill off any competition in GA.

And guilds being less than 80 million GP is another dumb restriction. Even if it’s designed to be that way, putting an artificial minimum is just stupid. Let people try it out and see for themselves. It might be a novel thought to CG, but if if a guild gets 0 stars in the Geo TB, they might, I don’t know, choose to go back to Hoth. But at least they could try it and see. All that did was make it so guilds under 80 million are going to lose their stronger players. The only thing it will accomplish is destroying guilds.

Granted, the Chromium requirement isn’t too high, but look at the system they just came up with. Anyone who gets promoted to Chromium will have almost zero chance of winning because the people already there will have G13 characters. It will just create an artificial gear wall because . . . reasons? Really, they started it when G12 was impossible without a 7 star character. But at least that was something within the player’s control. Now, they have to compete in a new game mode just to be able to gear a character.

I like that each character got a unique piece. That’s a novel way to address their unique kit and stats, but I’m starting to get worried about the future of the game. They keep adding pay walls and punishing everyone who isn’t a whale or getting a top arena spot daily. That’s going to gut interest and hemorrhage players.

3. Dagor

Dagor Active Member

It'll be interesting to see the real power difference between G12 and G13. It looks pretty large, but it may not be as bad as it was between G11 and G12. After all, at G12 you could then equip 5 more strong pieces of gear AND you were now eligible to equip 6-E mods. Outside the health and protection increases from adding G12 piece stats to base stats for mods to scale from, I don't know that there will be a considerable jump in power outside the outliers like GG and the like with unique interactions with super scalable stats like Health. Offense will scale decently for a few like GMY, but even in his case, he's only getting 50 special damage that will be added to his base stats, so that will not be game-breaking.

As for the 'pay' gear, if they don't add any places to farm or acquire that gear to the existing locations, I would agree with you. I highly doubt there will be a massive influx of G13 characters any time soon. We don't know what the prize table looks like for TB to see how much of the new salvage drops at each star level (and I'm sure there will be an increasing chance to get a fully crafted item (probably just the Injector)) and also the other possible drops. I would be surprised if they didn't add the 'pay' gear to the prize table for TB and also GAC. So I'm fine with reserving judgement until we see that

4. Electricboa

But the fact that mods don’t currently count G12 gear is going to be a huge difference. If you look at the stats G11 gear adds to a character, they aren’t that big, nowhere near what G12 gear gives. That should make the jump from G12 to G13 bigger than G11 to G12 ever was. Not to mention we’re probably going to start being able to upgrade out Mk 6 mods eventually, too. Right now, they’re all E tier.

Maybe I’m getting cynical after all their PTW decisions the last few months. Really, longer than that. I just watched Ahnald’s video about the Grievous and Magnaguard changes and he pointed out that they should have been like that from the initial rework. The only reason to delay them this long would be to wait till after Jedi Revan is no longer meta. They protected Jedi Revan because he was PTW and then they did the same the Malak even more blatantly. So I’m not too inclined to give them the benefit of the doubt when they’ve been acting the way they have recently.

EA could be pushing them to squeeze more money out of us. If their loot boxes get regulated or banned, EA is going to sink like a rock. They make the vast majority of their money on that gambling and that’s the only reason their stock price is where it is despite failed game after failed game. It amused me that EA wanted to call them “surprise mechanics” that are “like Kinder eggs” and are “quite ethical.” The ship is sinking and they don’t have anything to really fall back on.

5. Marc Tessier

Marc Tessier Well-Known Member

I'm with Boa on this one. This is very annoying and anti-fun. It feels like it's going to take ages to acquire one G12 finisher.

On top of the Kyro whale gear, MK5 droid callers from the Pit raid are needed for the G12 finisher called Power cell Injector. I just checked and about 45 of my g12 characters need this piece.

I do agree that the unique stats are cool and it is interesting to see who is getting the biggest buffs. I haven't checked too many characters yet, but Han's +1,000 physical damage stands out as does R2 getting +367 tactics and +3,600 health. CLS is getting +200 agility (which boosts his damage) along with a bunch of other goodies.

The one constant with G12 finishers is +8 speed.

6. SumiXam

SumiXam Moderator Staff Member

More and more speed...just what we need. :rolleyes: I haven't been too pleased with CG's decision making lately. The Grievous and Magnaguard reworked reworks are silly and should have been that way on the first goround. Most of the changes had nothing to do with G13 and everything to do with Revan, like Boa said. Either way, CG is making the game less fun and forcing players into raking well in more PVP events to keep up. I wasn't a fan of Grand Arena and with GA Championships, I am less interested. I really dislike that gameplay model.

7. Electricboa

A lot is going to depend on how easy it is to get to the higher tiers of GA. The Feats only give you around 100-150 points each, and the ones I see listed aren’t all that easy. Right now, we’re getting 1,000 points for a win, but we need 11,250 to get to Chromium. That’s the Division 1. The lower you go, the lower the cost to get into the tiers. I would hope that as we move up in tiers, the rewards for wining a round go up, too. That’s the only way we could hope to get to Kyber. We get reset back to Carbonite at the beginning of the next GAC, and each GA lasts about a week. There’s no way to get 32,500 points when each win only gives 1,000.

What they really should do, if they’re so keen on requiring a certain tier to buy gear, make it a one-time requirement. If you get Chromium once, you can permanently buy the G12 finisher stuff.

The good news for me is I actually like GA. Because they sure make it impossible for anyone to sit it out and be able to stay at the same relative level for the rest of the game. I also ended up in the highest division. The cutoff would have hit anyone still trying to stay under 4 million pretty hard. Dropping it to 3.8 would catch just about everyone trying to stay under 4. I still don’t have mods on a few characters, so my GP could be higher if I wanted it to.

8. Marc Tessier

Marc Tessier Well-Known Member

The bugs just don't interest me, so not sure when I'll get around to doing them.

I'll definitely gear the Separatist Droids before the bugs.

For now, I'm taking a wait-and-see approach. I can save gear for Malak for the time being and see what transpires over the next week or two.

9. Electricboa

You might not have a choice on the Geos. The Aplha is going to be required for the Wat Tambor special mission. I'm guessing they're going to require Geos or Separatists. Even if they don't, I assume the Alpha will be forced into the leader position. If the difficulty is as high as it's supposed to be, it might be near-impossible without a Geo team to take advantage of the leadership. They're not going to let us get away with how ROLO and CHS are for Hoth TB. With the one that requires ROLO, I usually use Jedi Revan. They're so good the leadership doesn't matter. I can't imagine CG letting us get away with that again.

10. Dagor

Dagor Active Member

Really surprised to see them drop the Injector pieces into regular energy farm locations. That was an unexpected surprise. It'll be interesting to see what price tag they put on this pack coming up that gives you the mats for one of each full piece. I'm betting it'll be $200 at least. Considering the 3x pack of G12+ items is priced at $100. I don't think we've had anything priced over $150 prior to this, and that was a multiple ship pack as I recall, maybe rebel ships or something. That's pretty insane for a mobile game, but it IS EA after all.

11. Electricboa

Yeah, I wonder if they figure they can get people to spend a ton of crystals with refreshes. It’s already worked with some people, since I’ve seen reports of G13 Grievous and seen screenshots of G13 DR and BSF. Since I’m nearly done with hard node farming, I’ve been using my excess 50 crystal refreshes on the one needed for DR and BSF. I’m already 21/50.

I’m just worried that DR might not be meta anymore with Grievous becoming such a powerhouse. Granted, that’s a G13 character versus a team of G12s, but I’m a bit worried. Of course, Grievous also uses the same finisher as DR and BSF, so I’m covered if it comes to that. I don’t have either of Grievous G12+ gear, though. Not to mention my L3 and T3 are not geared for that team that’s going around.

But CG is probably okay with making it FTP farmable because of the Kryotech in all of the final gear. That’s $40 of gear right there for every character in the game before we count the G12+ gear and the rest of it. The finisher salvage might be farmable, but they built in a long farm time or a high pay wall to actually craft it.

12. Dagor

Dagor Active Member

One thing to keep in mind is that whatever character you're looking at when you press the craft button on the finisher will be the ONLY character that can equip that piece, so be careful.

I'm one of those that's been using some crystal storage on refreshes. I've been doing the 3 50 and the 3 100 crystal refreshes and have been able to finish off two pieces. I put one on BSF to keep my speed advantage in arena (she's at 320 speed now) and the second I decided to put on Malak. This increased his HP+Prot to about 197k along with being around 280 speed. I'm pretty happy with those choices. I've been farming up a third piece but I'm now out of the Kyro pieces too, so I'll have to farm those or slow my farming on the Injectors to use up crystals on buying them from the shops. So far, I've had all of the other misc pieces fully farmed for each piece, so that's been lucky.

Also should note that it's 'only' $20 worth of kyro pieces per finisher. You need 100 salvage, which are 280 crystals per salvage piece, so 2800 for 100. As it happens, they sell a crystal pack with exactly that number of crystals :)

The piece I've been farming since pushing Malak up has been another injector head, so would be good for GG or DR at least. I did push GG to G12, so I may put it there, but he doesn't have any of the other G12 pieces yet, so it might be a waste in the short term.

Last edited: Jul 1, 2019
  13. Electricboa

I took my BSF to G13 and am farming for Revan now. Still waiting on Malak to return, so I don't really have an option to G13 him anytime soon. Besides, I'm eatng into my crystal stockpile for Malak gear up to G12 to do the Kyrotech for G13. I'll probably do Revan and then stop actively trying to G13 someone. I'll still farm for when I'm ready, but I'll start saving my crystals again. Doing Cantina refreshes for Brood Alpha is also eating into my savings.

14. Dagor

Dagor Active Member

Yeah, there's a lot of places that we're needing to spread crystals to right now for sure. I'm just thankful that I have very few active 'needed' farms. The only characters that I consider in that category for me right now are B1 and Geo Alpha. B1 is coming along slowly, but I'm also not refreshing that right now. I've got him at 6*, about 1/3 of the way to 7* and G11 I think, but it will be a concern soon. Geo Alpha is coming along slowly as I seem to be having great drop rates on the Injector pieces and terrible drop rates on Alpha shards. I've only been doing the 100 energy refreshes for him though too. And even then, only one or two some days. But again, that will become increasingly important as we start pushing for more stars over the next couple of TB's.