1. We're looking for active, experienced players to help contribute and grow this site.

If your interested, PM NeoCHI.

Fennec Shand

Discussion in 'Characters, Skills and Equipments' started by Electricboa, Oct 5, 2021.

1. Electricboa

Electricboa Moderator Staff Member

[Developer Insights - Kit Reveal ]
    [​IMG]

UNIT NAME: Fennec Shand
    ALIGNMENT: Dark Side
    CATEGORIES: Dark Side, Attacker, Bounty Hunter, Scoundrel
    Lethal Bounty Hunter capable of taking on the most dangerous foes.

ABILITIES:

Basic: CRUSHING STRIKE
    [​IMG]

FINAL TEXT: Deal Special damage to target enemy 5 times. If the target has no Protection, this ability deals 50% more damage. If it's Fennec Shand's turn and she has Seasoned Veteran, Fennec gains Offense Up for 1 turn.

Seasoned Veteran: Fennec can ignore Taunt and gains additional effects on her abilities

Special 1: I DON'T MISS (Cooldown 2)
    [​IMG]

FINAL TEXT: Deal Special damage to all but the weakest enemy. Then, deal Special damage to the enemy that was the weakest at the start of this attack, this damage is increased by 50% for each other enemy damaged during this ability.

If this ability deals damage, the selected target is inflicted with Armor Shred and all Dark Side Scoundrel allies gain Overconfident for 2 turns if they do not have it, which can't be copied or resisted. If all Dark Side Scoundrel allies already have Overconfident, instead all Scoundrel allies gain Overconfident for 2 turns, which can't be copied or resisted, instead.

If Fennec has Seasoned Veteran, this attack can't be Evaded and inflicts an additional stack of Armor Shred.

Overconfident: -20% Defense, +50% Offense, +10% Speed, +15% Evasion

Leader: LONE FOX

FINAL TEXT: At the start of battle, Fennec Shand gains +100% Max Health, Max Protection, Defense, and Offense. These numbers are reduced by 25% for each other ally present at the start of battle.

When Fennec Shand is in the Leader slot, and not the Ally slot, the following Contract is active:

Contract: 20 debuffs are dispelled or expire from Bounty Hunter or Scoundrel allies. (Only Bounty Hunter or Scoundrel allies can contribute to the Contract.)

Reward: All Bounty Hunter allies have their payouts activated, and all Bounty Hunter or Scoundrel allies gain 20% Defense and Overconfident until the end of battle, which can't be copied, dispelled, or prevented.

Unique: MAKING AN IMPRESSION
    FINAL TEXT: Fennec gains +10% Offense (stacking) until the end of encounter whenever she gains Tenacity Up. This bonus is doubled if The Mandalorian (Beskar Armor) is a living ally. When an ally loses Overconfident, Fennec gains 20% Turn Meter.

2. Electricboa

Hmm, she seems interesting? Seasoned Veteran is apparently gained when her payout is activated and we don’t know if she has any zetas (presumably she does.

Doing 5 hits on her basic seems like a lot, especially on a BH team that has assist attacks, like Bossk and Greef. Her leadership seems to encourage you to use undersized teams and her payout does work with scoundrels, so she might end up being more of a Scoundrel leader. It definitely seems like they want you to use Beskar Mando on her team.

Will people actually go for her? I’m not sure unless she’s needed for something bigger. I can see some uses, but after Executor and JMK, a lot of people already have a full BH team. LV, too. We’d be working on a second one. I guess there’s scoundrels, but it very much feels like scoundrels are almost a throw-away tag. They always have a better tag for them to make a team out of. There’s only a few scoundrels that are only going to be used with scoundrels, like Vandor Chewie, IG-11, Kuiil, and Nest. Qi’ra, too, but she’s really only good for her leadership, which is getting obsolete the more scoundrel leaders we get.

Right now, I can imagine using Fennec, Beskar Mando, and whatever BHs that don’t make my main team. But that does conflict with a Mandalorian team. Assuming Maul isn’t going to be with LV (for GAC purposes or because you don’t have LV), that seems to be a better team for Beskar Mando.

I’m still expecting an Old Man Boba, presumably something bigger than a marquee event. I can’t imagine a GL already, but maybe Legendary? The last one we got was Padme.

3. Skywlkr76

Skywlkr76 Well-Known Member

I didn’t realize it had been that long since the last legendary. That being said, the timing makes sense. The Book of Boba Fett is set to drop 12/29, which will be when most of the devs will be on Christmas break. So if they wait till they come back and release Old Man Boba as a legendary say the first of January, that gives those that will about 3 months to panic farm for her.

4. Electricboa

There is some chance we won’t ever get another Legendary character again. You figure with the exception of GMY, Legendary characters require the opposing faction.:

GMY - Jedi
    Palpatine – Rebels
    Thrawn – Phoenix
    Chimaera – Rebel ships
    R2 – Empire
    BB-8 – First Order
    Padme – Separatists
    Chewie – Bounty Hunters
    Falcon – Bounty Hunter ships
    C-3PO – Ewoks​

There’s still room for a Separatist and FO legendary character, but it sure seems like CG doesn’t want to touch the sequels any more than they absolutely have to. I guess if—and that’s a big if—they do any more sequel content Snoke would be an obvious choice. Separatists could still work, though I’m not sure who it would be Trench? They already have all the other main ones. I guess Old Man Boba could require Scoundrels.

At the end of the day, though, CG seems to prefer Hero’s Journeys, like CLS, JTR, and Beskar Mando. That lets them require specific characters, mainly new characters people would need to spend to get right away. That way they never give anyone a break. I mean let’s face it, there are a lot of people who have at least one full G13 team for almost any faction. Take the idea of a Separatist Legendary that requires Republic. How many people have a Padme team? That’s not even counting JMKs or GAS. CG would lose their minds at not milking it for all its worth.

So my best guess would be that Old Man Boba, if he is an event character, would be a Journey one requiring Fennec, Beskar Mando, Bo-Katan, and Cara Dune. I guess there’s also Gideon and the Imperial Remnant/Troopers, but I think that’s less likely. That could be a way for them to make him a Legendary, but Gideon and Dark Trooper have been out too long for it to make money for a panic farm. They wouldn’t wait for January, though. It would likely be before the show comes out, but it would be based on him from The Mandalorian instead of his own show.

5. Marc Tessier

Marc Tessier Well-Known Member

I agree that Fennec will be needed for a new version of Boba. She won't be farmable until at least early December, which sets up a panic farm for whichever type of event CG opts for when they release "Crime Lord Boba". And I concur that a Legendary seems less likely given that it would be easier to unlock the event. Perhaps CG has 1 or 2 more Marquee character releases up their sleeves in the next month or so that would tie-in with a new Boba.

Fennec may make for a very powerful 3v3 character given her highly unusual leadership ability. She also looks like she will be highly useful for mop-up duty in TW/GAC if you need to take out a couple of characters after failing on your first attempt.

6. Skywlkr76

I can see a hero’s journey, following the path of the show like with Mando. There’s also the chance that the show introduces a new character or two that we don’t know about yet, and CG makes them a last minute marque release right before the Old Man Boba event. That would be straight out of their playbook.

7. Skywlkr76

Any idea when her event starts. I looked for a date and didn’t see one.