1. We're looking for active, experienced players to help contribute and grow this site.

If your interested, PM NeoCHI.

Executor

Discussion in 'Characters, Skills and Equipments' started by Electricboa, Aug 10, 2021.

1. Electricboa

Electricboa Moderator Staff Member

[ Developer Insights - Kit Reveal ]

[​IMG]

UNIT NAME: Executor
    ALIGNMENT: Dark Side
    CATEGORIES: Dark Side, Capital Ship, Empire
    Empire Capital Ship with strong Bounty Hunter synergy.

------

ABILITIES:

Basic: UNORTHODOX METHODS

[​IMG]

FINAL TEXT: Deal Physical damage and inflict Expose for 1 turn on target enemy. Deal 5% more damage for each active Empire ally. Deal 25% more damage for each active Bounty Hunter ally.

Special 1: BREACH OF PROTOCOLS (Cooldown 4)

[​IMG]

FINAL TEXT: Deal Physical damage to all enemies. If the target enemy is Target Locked, call all Empire allies to assist, dealing 30% less damage. If the target enemy is Breached, call all Bounty Hunter allies to assist, dealing 10% more damage.

Special 2: WE ONLY NEED TO KEEP THEM FROM ESCAPING (Cooldown 5)

[​IMG]

FINAL TEXT: Bounty Hunter allies gain Potency Up for 1 turn. Dispel Outmaneuver and Stealth from all enemies, and dispel all debuffs from Bounty Hunter allies. Target ally recovers 100% Health and Protection. If the target ally is a Bounty Hunter, they gain Foresight and Taunt for 2 turns.

Ultimate: SOMETHING SPECIAL PLANNED (Cooldown 20)

[​IMG]

FINAL TEXT: Destroy the enemy Capital Ship and Stun all enemies for 1 turn. Allies gain Protection Up (35%) for 2 turns. If there is no enemy Capital Ship, destroy all active enemy ships instead. This ability can't be evaded or resisted, starts on cooldown, and is reduced by 1 each time Breach is inflicted on an enemy ship.

Crew: VADER'S BOUNTY
    FINAL TEXT: Bounty Hunter allies have +35% Max Health, Max Protection, and Offense, and ignore Taunt on Crewless or Droid ships. At the start of battle, Bounty Hunter allies gain Tenacity Up for 2 turns, and Empire allies gain We Don't Need Their Scum for the rest of the battle, which can't be copied, dispelled, or prevented. Whenever an enemy reinforces, Bounty Hunter allies gain Evasion Up for 1 turn. Whenever an ally applies Breach, they dispel all debuffs on themselves.

Whenever a Bounty Hunter ally deals damage with a Basic ability, they inflict Target Lock on the target enemy for 1 turn. The first time allies inflict Target Lock 20 times on enemies, each active enemy, enemies who are called in from Reinforcements, or summoned, are inflicted with Breach and Target Lock. These effects can't be dispelled, evaded, or resisted, and last until the end of the battle.

Reinforcement Bonus: Reinforcements gain Breach Immunity and Chaff for 2 turns

We Don't Need Their Scum: Immune to Turn Meter manipulation; whenever a Bounty Hunter ally is defeated, recover 25% Health and Protection; TIE Advanced x1 instead recovers 10% Health and Protection.

2. Electricboa

Well, it definitely seems like BH are going to be preferred for Executor. The second special is almost BH-only.

First things I notice, BH allies are able to ignore taunt on droid and crewless ships. That pretty much just blew the Malevolence out of the water. It also messes with the two Y-Wings. Interestingly enough, it also means the TIE bomber isn’t going to be as valuable. They’re definitely pushing you to use crewed tanks, like HT.

The reinforcement bonus for Executor seems to be designed to make it less vulnerable to other Executors. Kind of like JKL’s leadership not applying to other JKL teams.

The basic heavily favors BHs, but I feel like I rarely use my capital ship’s basic.

The first special is an interesting mix. Whether the target is breached or target locked, you get some kind of assist. Obviously, having both is better. We’ll get to the breach later.

The second special is pretty much designed for the HT. Not any other way to slice it. Maybe the Razor Crest, if you’re hurting. Although, I guess Slave I could be a good target, since you’d have an R8 pilot.

Finally, we get to the ultimate, which is a mix of the Malevolence and Raddus. You’ll only ever use it twice because of how it works, not that many battles ever get to a second ultimate. But that cool down reduction when you inflict breach pretty much makes the Razor Crest required.

The Razor Crest’s unique inflicts breach whenever a BH ally uses a special. You get a bonus for 6 breaches and that play into the ultimate. It’s pretty much going to be required for the fleet, regardless of whether you need it for the event. Sigh . . . that means I’ll have to gear Beskar Mando. I guess the slim silver lining is it’ll make my Bo-Katan a little more useful since I had to have her for JMK.

Slave I got a little touch up to give it some breach synergy:

CHANGES MARKED IN RED

UNIT NAME: Slave I
    ALIGNMENT: Dark Side
    CATEGORIES: Dark Side, Attacker, Bounty Hunter, Scoundrel, Cargo Ship
    Deadly Bounty Hunter Attacker that inflicts and exploits Target Lock for high area-of-effect damage.

------

ABILITIES:

Basic: ROTATING TWIN BLASTER CANNONS

FINAL TEXT: Deal Physical damage to target enemy with a 55% chance each to damage them a second and third time. Each hit has a 55% chance to inflict Target Lock for 2 turns, but hits after the first deal 75% less damage. If the target enemy is Breached, dispel all buffs on them.

Special 1/Crew: PROTON TORPEDOES (Cooldown 3)

FINAL TEXT: Deal Physical damage to target enemy and all Target Locked enemies, and inflict Ability Block for 1 turn on all affected targets.

Special 2: SEISMIC CHARGE (Cooldown 3)

FINAL TEXT: Deal Physical damage to all enemies, plus bonus damage equal to 30% of their maximum Health. This attack ignores Armor and Protection. This ability starts on cooldown.

Unique: NO GOOD TO ME DEAD

FINAL TEXT: At the start of battle or when Reinforced, for each active enemy, Slave I gains 5% Offense, 2% Crit Chance, and 5 Speed for the rest of battle. The first time all enemies are Breached while Slave I is active, or if Slave I enters the battle while all enemies are Breached, Seismic Charge's cooldown is reset.

While Slave I is active, Breached enemies deal 50% less damage when they attack out of turn.

Reinforcement: ALL OUT OFFENSIVE

FINAL TEXT: Enter Battle: Slave I gains Taunt, Retribution, and Protection Up (10%) for 2 turns, and Critical Hit Immunity for 3 turns. Slave I gains additional Protection Up (20%) per Breached enemy. Then, inflict Ability Block on target enemy for 1 turn, which can't be evaded or resisted.​

So it looks like Slave I will always be a reinforcement, since you want to have all the enemies breached to get the seismic charge off cool down. Razor Crest and HT are definitely in the starting three. Looking at the kits, Xanadu Blood is probably the best 3rd because of the extra breach chances. That leaves IG-2000 as a reinforcement.

All that being said, Executor is still going to unlock at 4 stars. I don’t expect hardly anyone to really get a 7-star right away. Even if they do, it seems like the Negotiator should still be able to win on offense. Here’s the cost breakdown, assuming you use crystals to refresh:

4 star - 0 crystals
    5 star - 5,994 crystals
    6 star - 13,986 crystals
    7 star - 25,231 crystals​

Because of that, I think most people are just going to go slow. Maybe do one refresh or two per event to speed it up, but not get it all at once. Because of that, I might not need to gear up Beskar Mando right away. It’s largely going to come down on how good a 4-star Executor is against Negotiator. Malevolence is probably out of the meta with BHs ignoring droids and non-crew ships.

Then again, I could save up enough to get it to 5 stars for that extra reinforcement . . .

Edit: I was going though the BH breach unique effects and there’s quite a good list:

IG-2000: -25% crit chance
    Xanadu Blood: -25% offense
    Razor Crest: -25% crit damage
    Hound’s Tooth: -25% evasion
    Slave I: -50% damage when attacking out of turn​

The last two aren’t all that amazing. Slave I might be interesting, but the two main fleets it counters are Rebels and Separatists, which aren’t going to do well against Executor anyway. But those first three are kind of devastating. That’s a major drop in damage.

Another thing to consider is the target lock portion from the Vader’s Bounty unique. BHs inflict TL on basic and after 20 TLs, everyone gets locked breach and target lock. I’m wondering if the wording means the reinforcements that are brought out afterwards get breach and TL or just the ones out on the field.

BH allies get tenacity up at the start of battle, which means mirror matches might require special teams. I wonder if TIE Bomber might be a better opening ship purely for the dispel. It’s a slow ship, but you can clear the tenacity and get burning on them, which has an added bonus of causing them to lose 25% offense because of the Bomber’s unique.

Then it becomes a question of the other two. RC is pretty much required to be out front for the extra breach application. HT would be better against mirrors because the TIE Bomber’s taunt can be ignored.

There are 5 BH ships. Assuming we’re not getting any new ones in the bear future the eventual 7-star Executor would have 3 empty spots to fill. For arena, I think the TIE Bomber and TIE Advanced are obvious. The last one would probably be the Gauntlet.

For GAC purposes, if you have SEE a separate Empire fleet probably makes more sense. In most cases, you’d never get to a 3rd reinforcement or the battle will already be decided by then, so just the BHs by themselves make the most sense and you get an extra fleet. Of course, that makes me start to wonder if we’re going to need 3 fleets at the top division. We are kind of getting to that point, with every GL having a fleet attached. With only two needed on offense and defense, we’re leaving out a lot. You figure the Executor, Malevolence, and Negotiator are almost certainly going to be always used, so there’s only one spot left for either the Finalizer, Raddus, Home One, or Tarkin fleets. I guess that does make it where you might as well cannibalize your Empire ships, since you don’t need an extra fleet.

Last edited: Aug 10, 2021
    Marc Tessier likes this.
  3. Marc Tessier

Marc Tessier Well-Known Member

I agree with you, Boa. My first thought after reading the kit was that the ideal starting fleet will be RC, HT and XB. Slave I looks to slot in as the first reinforcement after its rework. IG-88 probably grabs the second slot and then you can choose whichever Empire ships, but TIE Bomber an TIE Advanced look the most likely. But, I'm also curious whether there's a spot for Ebon's Hawk as a reinforcement as it dispels target lock on all allies and grants them Chaff (immune to target lock) for 2 turns.

I know one guy in my guild has the crystals saved up and plans on taking it to 7 stars immediately. I think it's a great plan as it likely means an easy time in fleet arena for months. I've got 14k crystals right now and I'm considering taking it to 5 stars. The thought of pausing all energy refreshes has crossed my mind as well, and just go all out to max it as quickly as possible. I could definitely make 6 stars at launch and then save up to 7 star it the next time the event rolls around.

And I decided to bite the bullet on Beskar Mando since Razor Crest is crucial to a BH fleet under the Executor. I bumped him up to G12 and gave him two old school G12 pieces. I'll get up to G13 soon enough. And for good measure, I slapped the 2 zetas on him, which leaves me with 100 zeta mats.

4. Electricboa

My main concern with using Empire ships as reinforcements is the TIE Bomber and Advanced are kind of high up there. Slave I was supposed to be pretty high, so that shouldn’t be an issue, but the TIE Advanced was up there, probably higher than the IG-2000. I don’t think anyone really tested it in a long time, though.

All things being equal, BH ships are better to have on the field than Empire.

I’m not sure about the Ebon Hawk. TL can be an issue because of Vader’s Bounty, but not as much as breach. And when an ally applies breach, they cleanse themselves, so the TL and any other debuffs would go away anyway.

There are one or two people in my fleet arena who could go all the way to 7-stars. I’m hoping that if they do, it’ll still be possible to win. Either using an Executor mirror or with the Negotiator. I more or less have ever fleet except Raddus, so whatever the main counter is I should be able to do it.

I will probably do 5 stars just because I can and I suspect that we’re going to need the Executor at that for LV. Both the Raddus and Finalizer were needed at 5 stars for their GLs. I’m not sure about really trying to save up to 7 star it next time, though. It would be possible to do in a month, but that would be such a pain.

And I did the same thing with Beskar Mando. Took him to G12 and slowly finishing what he needs for G13. I figure R5 is probably where I’ll stop.

Marc Tessier likes this.
  5. Themistocles

Themistocles Well-Known Member

@Electricboa you kind of mentioned that you think Neg has a shot on this on offense. Can you elaborate a little more here?

6. Electricboa

Well, it’s not explicitly negated by the Executor’s kit. Both Rebels and Malevolence are kind of singled out to be at a big disadvantage. Negotiator isn’t targeted as much, with the exception of the Y-Wing. But it’s possible to use HT, Anakin, and Fives instead of Y-Wing, so there is a work around.

There are a few threats on an Executor fleet. First, the breach really bogs you down. Plo might be able to help with clearing that, though it’s only temporary. The bigger problem is HT. My thoughts are something like this:

Anakin, Ahsoka, and HT

Ahsoka goes first, dispels the tenacity up from enemy HT. Anakin does his AOE and hopefully gets buff immunity on HT and then they just attack it to get it out. Once HT is gone, you can target everyone else much easier.

Another option, though likely less viable, is the TIE Bomber instead of Ahsoka. You’d purposely use basic on Anakin first, to stall a turn so the Bomber can clear the tenacity up from everyone. HT would still be there to have a functioning tank there.

Either way, that’s a strategy that would be mostly offense-only, since the AI couldn’t handle it. But there’s also the second Executor special. So it’s going to come down to how the AI plays. If it’s hard-coded to do that first, then you’d have to just hold everything for a couple turns and weather the storm somehow. But it could be like the Negotiator where it does the first or second special depending on the situation. If that’s the case, then you might be able to work a situation where it doesn’t use the second special.

On the other hand, there’s this:

[​IMG]

There’s a very good chance they’re putting their thumbs on the scale just like with GLs to make it so it’s nearly impossible to win without the Executor.

7. Marc Tessier

I have a bad feeling CG will be bringing out the nerf bat if the community finds a viable counter to Executor.

8. Themistocles

Yes which will unfortunately make the fleet battle space in general very boring. At least today you could argue that there are 3, perhaps 4 fleets that can really knock each other off on offense, and hell even the Finalizer fleet could be throw in there if you gear and use it right. But now there's only one behemoth and now you better go get it...seems very very boring to me.

9. Electricboa

I watched CubsFanHan’s interview and they basically said that high-end Negotiator fleets can be 4 or 5 star Executors. Once you get to 7-stars, they all but implied you’re not going to be able to beat them.

Now, the good/bad news is CG doesn’t really know how to play their own game. I’ve lost track of the times they come out with a new character and it’s like they didn’t test anything. When SLKR came out, GAS teams stomped him and they never tested anything in guild raids. So my guess is they tested a straight Malevolence fleet, Rebels, and Negotiator. Nothing else, and no real variations on those three. For example, some people use TIE Bomber with Negotiator. I’d bet anything that they never tested that against Executor at all.

In fact, they actually mention in the interview that you might want to use TIE Bomber on your Executor fleet as a tank over Slave I . . . apparently forgetting that they designed the kit that makes BHs ignore taunts from crewless ships like the TIE Bomber.

So when the Executor comes out, there’s going to be some counter that no one at CG tested. The question is going to be how good of a counter it is. If it’s too good, then they reach for the nerf bat. If it works, but it’s overwhelming, they might leave it.

I don’t know, it’s really up in the air. I’m still not expecting that many people to get the Executor right away. They purposely staggered the events so everyone was encouraged to go for JMK and use their resources and then we get the Executor. A couple of people in my fleet arena will unlock it in the first event, but there’s only one or two whales. My guild has at least 14 people going for it (I’m counting R6+ Piett, since that’s above the SEE requirement). 15 people have TIE Pilot at G13. Only one is seriously considering doing 7-star right away. Apparently, they just hoard crystals and have 60k.

I’ve decided to go for 5-star. Doing it FTP will mean it’ll take something like 2 years to 7-star the ship. That’s just not going to work. So I did some math. The ship unlocks at 4 stars, so 250 more blueprints to 7-star. We get a free attempt at the bonus for 10 blueprints and have 19 refreshes @ 999 crystals each. Since I’m not ever going to use all those attempts, I’ll never do the packs for 1,250 crystals.

This first event, I’ll spend 5,994 crystals for the 6 attempts (plus 1 free one) to be at 5 stars 5/85

The second event, I’ll at least 6-star the ship. So I need 6,993 for 7 attempts (plus 1 free one). That’s very doable in a month.

If I want a stretch goal, then I could to 7-stars for an extra 9,990 (16,983 total). That’s still possible, but I’m looking at severely cutting back on what I use crystals on. It would take about 22 days or so to save up that much. If we say 30 till the next event, I could spend a little and still make it. Alternatively, I could go one more event and do 7-stars the third event. That saved me an extra 999 crystals, but delays another month.

I originally leaned towards three events to 7-star because I would be able to still work on LV, but with the second set of requirements, I don’t see any real urgent need to do them. Having a 7-star Executor, on the other hand, might matter a lot of they really did make it too powerful.

jwall157 and Marc Tessier like this.
  10. Laze

Laze Active Member

I’ve been waffling a lot on whether to go for it right away. After hearing all the buzz about how OP the Executor will supposedly be, it almost seems like there isn’t a choice. Many in my arena shard feel the same way and are going hard after it. Waiting to see if a counter shows up (where I may or may not have the right ships) is a risky strategy. So I’m back on the Executor train starting tomorrow. I project a little over 2 months for unlock and gearing Beskar Mando. Then I can see about whether crystal hoarding for refreshes will be necessary.

jwall157 likes this.
  11. Marc Tessier

Just checked Executor's stats on swgoh.gg. Its speed is 1 more than Negotiator, just enough to prevent the AoE daze attack from being used first. Go figure.

12. Electricboa

It wouldn’t matter. BH allies get tenacity up for 2 turns and pretty much everyone will start with all or mostly all BH. And the Empire ships you might use, like TIE Advanced, Bomber, or Gauntlet don’t assist outside of the Executor’s special.

Yeah, CG is definitely hyping it. I would say. I’m not sure waiting a little for a counter is necessarily risky, if there’s no way for you to unlock the Executor this time. It’ll be in-game in 3 days. There will be people who get it at 7 stars and will have videos of it on defense over the following couple days.

I mean, if I had to bet, I would say going for Executor would be the better choice. But waiting a week and holding those resources doesn’t really hurt you one way or the other. Though I would add that in addition to Beskar Mando, you’d also need to gear Cad Bane. He’s not required for Executor, but is a very good BH ship. I think he hasn’t gotten as much attention as Beskar Mando as an additional gear because a lot of people going for Executor did JMK and already have him that way. Most people didn’t bother with Beskar Mando because he wasn’t that exciting in testing when he came out and was costly to gear.

13. Laze

Laze Active Member

True, I can wait a few days. In your experience, are counters typically discovered in the first couple days? Or do some emerge over time? There’s also the point that CG seems willing to nerf counters for GLs now, and the line of reasoning that they are using to justify that would apply just as easily to Executor.

14. Electricboa

It’s usually proportional to how many people get the new team. I don’t know how many people are going to get the Executor right away, but only a small fraction of those are going to spend to get it to 7-stars.

But there’s a big demand for it, since it’s the biggest thing to happen to fleets since the Negotiator and Malevolence. Everyone is worried that it’s going to give people who have it a massive advantage in GAC and they could be right. I remember back when the matchmaking was even worse than now, people with good ships had a decided advantage. They counted GP overall, so someone might have a bunch of G8s bloating their roaster against someone with good ships and there was no way for them to clear a zone dedicated to ships.

I don’t think it would be that bad now, but there are still a lot of people that only do the bare minimum on ships because of GAC. They’re going to want to know what they need to do to stay competitive.

My guess is the day of the event, it’ll be all videos of people using the Executor to beat other fleets. The day after is when you’d get counter attempts on the former group leaving their ships overnight. How long it will take to find a good counter, I have no idea.

As far as nerfs, that’s a tricky thing. CG likes to use fig leaves to justify their nerfs. Rarely will they come out and just nerf something because it’s too good on the face of it. The last time I really remember that happening was Malak and Emperor Palpatine. And that was because they delayed the DR event so long that a lot of people were able to get him without spending and CG was angry, so they rushed to get the Malak event out ASAP knowing most people wouldn’t get it. There was a whole big scandal at the time when the community manager actually came out and said they expect you to spend something like $4,000 a year to stay at the top of the meta. The sad thing, is she was actually not nearly as bad as it got after she left. The point was, they did a big cash grab with Malak and Palpatine was easily beating him, so they did a knee jerk reaction to prevent enemy Sith teams from gaining TM, which had the unintended effect of making Sith Assassin pretty much worthless on a DR team.

Since then, they used excuses like teams that are able to solo the HST. That’s how OG Finn got nerfed. Everyone knew it was because a G8 Finn team was able to beat way better teams, but CG used the HST as an excuse. Very similar to the nerfs we’re looking at now. They’re using the excuse that GLs are supposed to be like raid bosses to justify what they’re doing.

Will CG do the same with the Executor? Maybe. I think it really comes down to how good the counter is. The Executor will be the top meta, that has been decided. So any counter that beats it too easily is going to get axed. If the counter works, but only does so on offense, that might be allowed to stay. But all of that is contingent on what the counter or counters are. As I said, I do kind of suspect you will end up going for the Executor even after testing and counters are found. It’s just there’s a slim chance that you might not have to. Fleet metas are slow to change, though CG did say they were going to try and make people engage with ships more, so nothing is known for sure.

Laze likes this.
  15. Marc Tessier

Well, I can tell you the Executor is an offensive juggernaut even at 4 stars. I unlocked it and have been doing my daily fleet climb with it today. I am winning easily. Battles are over in 2 minutes or less.

Thus far, using the squad Boa and I thought would be best -- HT, RC and XB with Slave 1 and IG-2000 as reinforcements.

Defeated 3 different Negotiator fleets.
    1. Ani, HT and RC as starters
    2. Ani, Y-Wing and Fives' ship
    3. Ani, Ahsoka and Y-Wing

Only used the Ultimate once, against Fleet 3, and it's incredibly satisfying. Tons of fun. Don't think that will ever get old.

jwall157 likes this.
  16. Electricboa

[​IMG]

Now that leads me to think two things. One, CG doesn’t know how to play their own game and/or didn’t do any real testing. They just made the kit and assumed it countered Rebels and Malevolence. In that case, expect nerfs/buffs to try and fix it now that we’ve tested the new ship for them.

Or two, there’s another BH ship coming that will make the Executor better. That is possible. It’s something they’ve done before. Just look at JMK and CAT. JMK was pretty good to start, but CAT made him the top.

It’s good on offense, though. I got mine to 5-stars. There are already 4 people in my fleet arena with 7-star Executors. Despite all this counter stuff, I think I will try to shoot for getting it to 7-stars the next time the event comes.

Last edited: Aug 16, 2021
    Themistocles likes this.
  17. Electricboa

Okay, I did some testing and I failed a few times using Rebels, Separatists and mirror Executor matches. Now this was all against a 5-star Executor. Word on the street is the AI for lower star ships is better than 7-star.

Some of that was also me just not realizing Razor Crest’s unique lets you apply breach on specials that cannot be resisted, so tenacity up doesn’t matter. I had tried using TIE Bomber to get rid of the tenacity up and lost and I had another mirror where I tried to stall to outlast the tenacity up and lost. So that was all on me.

For Rebels, I tried my standard Falcon, Biggs, and Bistan. I might have had bad RNG, but it seemed a little too fragile. I saw others had more success with Rebel Y-Wing out there in place of Bistan. Either way, I think I’ll let others figure out how to best counter it with Rebels.

For mirrors, I eventually just started using the one we figured with HT, RC, and XB. The AI likes to call in Slave I first, but I kind of like IG-2000 more for the double tap. Though some people are saying Slave I over XB to start. Not sure about that. I tried it and that was another one of my failures.

Overall, I think I’m just going to use my 5-star in arena. I just smoked two 7-star Executors. My Beskar Mando is R5, which did seem to help in the event, since we can’t use XB. I assume G12 could have worked, but I kept having trouble on that last tier. The Republic Y-Wing did way too much damage on the AOE.

But after using the ship and doing mirror matches, I’m now firmly in the camp of there being another BH ship coming out. This feels too much like JMK before CAT and DR before Malak. Will it be Dengar? It seems the most obvious, but when has CG ever been that kind? I would almost think Greedo or Aura Sing, both were mentioned in Cubsfan Han’s interview as BH with ships other than Dengar. There’s also Zuckuss and 4-LOM and the Mist Hunter.

Speaking of Cubsfan Han, he apparently forgot to save up ship credits and prestige, so he spent $600 to 7-star a ship he can’t max out or use for probably a month. That’s painful, and a lesson why you should always have 1,950 prestige saved for a capital ship. That takes the longest to accumulate.

But, as I said in the last post, I’m still going to 7-star the ship next time. Whatever CG does, they’re going to make the Executor meta. I’ve got 2k crystals now out of the 17k I’ll need.

One thing I would add. That speed on a maxed Executor is kind of a liability. I noticed it in my mirrors. The Executor goes before anything else, so it’s two specials are pointless. There’s no breach on the field and everyone is full health/protection. I guess there’s the potency up, but with RC, you don’t need it since breach can’t be resisted. So all it does is a basic. A complete waste of a turn, while my Executor goes after my BHs. So I can actually use the mass assist because there might be a breach out there. That could be why lower star count Executors are performing better. They made the ship too fast.

Last edited: Aug 16, 2021
    Marc Tessier likes this.
  18. Marc Tessier

I think you're right about another BH ship getting released fairly soon. I also watched the Cubs video with CG Miller, and it sure seemed as though they were giving a hint during that part of the conversation about Dengar/Punishing One, 4-LOM and Zuckuss.

I ended up holding at 12 overnight with my 5-star Executor. I took it up to 6 stars this morning and plan to 7-star it when the event returns. I've still got 5k crystals, so saving another 4k for it won't take too long.

So far, I've spotted 5 Executors in my shard, including mine -- one 7-star, two at 6-stars, one 5-star, and also one 4-star. Two of them are owned by players who I don't recognize and have never been a factor at the top of the shard. Maybe they got lucky with the requirements and had highly geared BH.

Even if CG doesn't bring out the nerf bat, having stress-free climbs with the Executor will be nice without having to worry about RNG in Negotiator battles.

That's definitely frustrating.

There's another guy in my shard who unlocked it, but like Cubs, didn't have the ship credits because he had spent them on mods. I was able to max out Piett's crew ability, plus do the specials and ultimate up to 6-stars. Those three abilities have another level that unlocks at 7 stars. I have about 300 prestige left, so hopefully I'll be okay. Just to be safe, I only leveled up the basic a couple of times.

19. Themistocles

Would love to know what the relic levels are on both sides...

20. Electricboa

In total, my fleet arena has 18 Executors with 10 being at 7-stars. That’s not counting anyone who might have gotten it, but doesn’t have the resources to upgrade it. 2 of those 7-stars are rogues.

I fell to 26 with my 5-star Executor, which is about average pre-Executor with my Negotiator.

My guess is the Executor pilots are all at the base required relic levels. Beskar Mando is likely G13 R4/R5. But that Falcon in the reinforcement made that battle a lot easier to win. I’m not actually sure why it’s even there. For the Negotiator side, probably relics on everyone except Plo. R5 seems to be the standard for pilots, but JKA and Ahsoka might be higher.