1. We're looking for active, experienced players to help contribute and grow this site.

If your interested, PM NeoCHI.

Darth Revan

Discussion in 'Characters, Skills and Equipments' started by Electricboa, Feb 27, 2019.

1. Electricboa

Electricboa Moderator Staff Member

The rumors begin!

[​IMG]

It’s also interesting that Darth Revan is using Deathmark instead of Mark. It’s not calling in assists, but the extra damage should more than make up for it. And it should counter Savior. But so far it doesn't seem as overpowered as Jedi Revan. The big annoyance there is Jolee and the revives. Without knowing the unique, it doesn't sound like it would be nearly as annoying to fight. CLS would probably be a solid counter

It's not confirmed, but it looks like it could be real to me.

2. Kevthejedi

Kevthejedi Active Member

Have you all been farming the remaining old republic characters to be prepared?

3. AhnNu Rie

AhnNu Rie Active Member

I've got Canderous at 7*, but haven't gotten too far with Juhani or Carth, and Fallen Bastilla is 5*, and haven't really geared any of them.

4. Dagor

Dagor Active Member

I've got Canderous and Goth Barbie at 7* now, Juhani and Carth at 5* and progressing well. HK and Sith Assassin/Marauder are 7* as well just in case.

5. Electricboa

I've been farming them, but if Revan is coming at the end of March, I don't think I'll be in range. Even if I was, I don't think I would spend if they only gave us a month to farm Juhani and Carth.

Fallen Bastila 50/100
    Canderous - 7 star
    Carth 36/65
    Juhani 12/65
    HK-47 - 7 star

And just because there's speculation:

Assassin - 7 star
    Sith Trooper - 7 star
    Marauder - 81/85

I'm not currently farming Marauder. That was from a while back. I'm doing L3 now and want to finish her (46/100). After that, I will probably go back to Marauder. I don't expect any of these three to be required, though. They've been out too long. Most people already did Trooper and Assassin from before and Marauder has a ship. So my guess is it'll be the first OR group.

6. Dagor

Dagor Active Member

Yeah I don't think those last three will be required, but the speculation is tied to Marauder being the login toon for March. They could be used if they dupe us and go with some other sith instead of Revan too I suppose.

7. Electricboa

I'm guessing Marauder as the login is just because Darth Revan is an OR Sith, too. Then again, the login for Jedi Revan was NS Spirit and has nothing to do with Revan at all.

Honestly, I think I would be good even if they did do Marauder. I'm basically 100 sharrds away and could do that in the two weeks notice we'd get. I just want L3 out of the way first because I've had to stop her a couple times already. I'd like to gear her eventually.

8. Marc Tessier

Marc Tessier Well-Known Member

I will not be ready and that's just fine.

Bastila Fallen - 20/85
    Canderous - 7/100
    Juhani - 20/30
    Carth - 7/30
    HK-47 - seven stars

Sith Marauder, Sith Assassin and Sith Trooper are all 7-stars. I did them last year when there were rumors we'd need them for an event during "Sith month".

9. Kevthejedi

Kevthejedi Active Member

I know Darth Revan is the assumed character, but has it been confirmed at all? Could they throw a curveball and release Darth Malak instead?

10. Electricboa

It's unlikely for a couple reasons. First, we had that image leak of the Gamorrean Guard with 3 Zetas. Only Hero's Journey characters get that many Zetas. I could see Malak as a Legendary, but not a Hero's Journey. And we already know Jedi Revan was. Second, from the same leak we saw HK-47 reworked (because he had a Zeta) on the team. HK-47 was closely connected to Revan, not Malak.

Between those two points and seeing as they aren't going to give us too long to farm the OR character was assume are needed, they're going to be pushing it sooner rather than later. So it pretty much has to be Revan. I'm actually a tad disappointed we aren't getting Malak. I could be wrong, but that's pretty much everyone major from the original KOTOR covered. There's still some KOTOR II out there, but it would be odd to do Malak with them. So it looks like if we aren't getting Malak now he's going to end up as a random drop sometime in the future.

Personally, I'd love to see him as a Legendary Sith event. Kind of like how Yoda requires Jedi. Malak would require Sith. The problem with that is there wouldn't be much money in it for CG. Most people have more than a full Sith team already.

11. SumiXam

SumiXam Moderator Staff Member

Well, this is another event I won't be ready for. Hopefully Jedi Revan doesn't get completely neutered because I've actually started climbing periodically in squad arena since I got him.

Badstilla 22/85
    Canderous 78/85
    Carth 2/65
    Juhani 12/65

With the login shard for Marauder I'll have him done by the end of the month.

12. Electricboa

If that kit is accurate, I don't think Jedi Revan could ever beat Darth Revan. Removing the ability for Jedi to attack out of turn would kill the team. Deathmark and Conqueror would effectively neuter Jolee. I still think CLS could beat it, but it would be a hard counter to Jedi Revan.

13. SumiXam

SumiXam Moderator Staff Member

I figured I'd post here since a thread was already started. Darth Revan is confirmed.

https://forums.galaxy-of-heroes.starwars.ea.com/discussion/197835/the-scourge-of-the-old-republic
    Pasted information from the official forum below:

“When they left after the Mandalorian Wars ended, they were Jedi. When they returned… they were something else.”- Carth Onasi

Are you ready to face the Old Republic with Darth Revan? You will need the following characters in an upcoming event:
    • Bastila Shan (Fallen)
    • Canderous Ordo
    • Carth Onasi
    • HK‌-47
    • Juhani
    It will be a very difficult task to reclaim the Sith throne. Once you complete your journey to the Dark Side, reworks for HK-47 and Fallen Bastila Shan are on their way and ready to help Darth Revan become an incredibly powerful Sith leader. Stay tuned to the forums for full details on what’s changing with HK-47 and Fallen Bastila Shan kits!

Bundles and an event pack will also be available for the characters above to help you prepare for this rare and challenging event.

14. Dagor

Dagor Active Member

I see that they mention it being a "very difficult task". I wonder if that is a clue that it will be c3po/chewbacca level difficulty or not. I could see them pushing that way since it was telegraphed from a mile away so just about everyone has been farming hard on these toons (maybe not HK47) so most should be fairly close. I know I'm within 50 shards of 7* for Juhani and Carth with the other three long done. Juhani and Carth will be done within a week I would guess, and at that point I'm ready for a Jedi Revan Event difficulty event without spending a dime farming these guys. Granted, not everyone will be in that situation (along with being in a position to focus all my farming energy at these guys, I also finish #1 in fleet and squad arena every day, so I can refresh their nodes twice each day with arena income).

If they do make it c3po/chewbacca level difficult, it's gonna suck a lot of gear resources and might get a lot of backlash (not that backlash has stopped them before, or hurt them for that matter) making it both a farming crunch (money grab) AND a gearing crunch (money grab). But honestly, it might be the only real way for them to make solid money off the event. I've got Goth Barbie at G11, Carth is at G9, Juhani, Canderous, and HK are G7. Plenty enough for a Jedi Revan difficult Event, but would need a lot of work to get to G11ish range. Not to mention spending up resources that will almost assuredly be needed to gear up Darth Revan, causing you to either spend to gear him quickly or take a ton of time to farm back up.

I do wonder though how the Jedi Revan meta will impact this character release though. Revan came out and instantly dominated the meta to the point that if you didn't have Revan, it was a long slog to climb to #1 and for a lot of people that involved multiple attempts to beat certain Revan's along the way. Once Revan came a second time, the hordes of people that got Revan on the second pass were instantly rewarded with a relatively easy arena experience. I know in both of my shards, we've seen at least 25 new faces in the top 50 since release and probably 10-15 of those new people have been creeping into the top 10 and messing with established payout rotations. Those people might be more willing to spend on Darth Revan now on the heels of the meta from the last 6 months. It was painfully obvious that not having Revan made things MUCH more difficult than not having Traya, and then having Revan made things insanely easy. That may be enough to encourage a few more people to spend on Darth Revan, especially if it ends up just being a star check like Jedi Revan was. So maybe in that sense, I hope it IS a gear check lol.

Last edited: Mar 13, 2019
  15. Electricboa

Well, I'm pretty much going to miss out this time. I still have Carth at 69/85 and Juhani at 18/85. Even if I had been willing to spend money, the packs they made pretty much rule it out for me. I don't need Order or Dark Bastila and the fact both come with 1,500 crystals lead me to think it's going to be ~$50 each. That's way higher than I'd go.

So I get to enjoy the experience of climbing against the meta all over again. I'm really hoping that they learned their lesson from how overpowered Jedi Revan was. And I guess if I get it the second time around, I will already know how much I need to gear them. I probably could have made it if I spent my crystals on shipment shards instead of gear. Oh well.

16. Dagor

Dagor Active Member

I only spent crystals for Carth shipments since it's more cost effective than spending on fleet energy refreshes in my opinion. I just tried to keep pace with Juhani to keep them about even, which has worked well.

17. Dagor

Dagor Active Member

Haha, packs are available after the update this afternoon, and no surprise, they packed Juhani with Dark Bastila and Carth with Canderous to make sure that people have to pay for shards they've already collected. Packs are $39.99 in the US for 1500 crystals plus the normal stuff. I suppose that puts it about equal to $30 for just the shards if you figure that you get 1340 crystals for $10 normally. But still, I dunno if it's worth it to me to pay $80 to finish off two characters. The crystals are a nice thought, but that's only about 4 days worth of arena income. I'll reserve my decision for after we find out the difficulty level I guess. I'll be at 50/100 for Carth and Juhani in a couple of days likely, so I can revisit it later.

18. Marc Tessier

Players like us who will miss out on Darth Revan the first time out would be wise to start hoarding crystals for the next Legendary/Hero character panic farm. At least, that's my plan. I've already got 13k in crystals saved up. It does mean resisting the temptation to gear up characters faster though. But, I do allow myself the occasional gear purchase while still banking a fair amount of crystals.

19. Electricboa

I could, but I seriously doubt I ever would. I start wanting to spend when I hit 3k or greater, even if I don’t have a specific project. Besides, it’s only the Hero’s Journey that trips me up. Legendary events are so much easier because I can unlock them at 5 stars. To my knowledge, I think I’ve unlocked every Legendary character on their first go-around. I think Thrawn, the Chimarea, and the Falcon are the only ones that I wasn’t able to get at 7 stars the first time.

But Hero’s Journey are so narrow. You have to have specific characters versus a tag. The good thing is they’re not that common. I want to say we’re probably not going to get another one like that again until Jedi Luke. Since they have DS versions, maybe Sith Anakin or someone like that.

But I could have gotten them this time around if I had spent everything I had on getting them. Shards from Shipments are 80 crystals a shard, but I could have afforded it. Instead, I got gear and worked on side projects. But most of my arena shard is going to get Darth Revan this time around, so I’ll have to struggle. The only good news is I should be able to put together whatever the counter team is. I pretty much have every other relevant character ready and at G12. Whether it’s a Sith team, Rebels, NS, etc. I have them all and they’re arena-ready.

20. Marc Tessier

I also think Darth Revan was within my reach had I gone all out once Carth and Juhani became farmable. This event has surprised me somewhat in that it seems we've been given more time than past events. Maybe that's just my perception though.

My gut tells me this event will be harder though, so at least we gain the benefit of knowing how much gear these characters need. Bastila Shan isn't a problem since she already slots into Sith squads nicely. I already have her at G11 since I used her with Traya before unlocking Jedi Revan. Carth is my next gearing project since I've already got Mission and zZaalbar at G12. They will form a good TW/GA squad. HK-47 is at G9 and I suspect he's going to be good after the rework, so I'll probably have to gear him up. Juhani probably makes another nice option for Jedi, but I'm a bit on the fence with Canderous. He's the one character of the five I'm the least interested in gearing, but if it's necessary, I'll do it.