1. We're looking for active, experienced players to help contribute and grow this site.

If your interested, PM NeoCHI.

Commander Ahsoka Tano

Discussion in 'Characters, Skills and Equipments' started by Electricboa, May 18, 2021.

1. Electricboa

Electricboa Moderator Staff Member

For just Padme? You probably don’t need it. You figure most of the damage from a Padme team is from courage. And CAT’s annihilate just one-shots someone. It matters more for JMK because she’s actually doing more direct damage there.

Considering she’s still a really good character, I would say R5, if you can. I would make sure you can relic SLKR first, though. He’d be a higher priority.

2. Themistocles

Themistocles Well-Known Member

Thanks. I am a little worried about being hard blocked by JMKs now. Hoping someone will find an easier solution than R5ing Daka and Zombie.

My initial thought, and I have no idea if this will be enough is two-tanking with SEE, and also putting Wat and Armorer in there. Then praying that after she kills a tank, I'll have just enough left over to miraculously get 3 stacks of Beskar onto SEE. I don't really see another path forward other than that.

3. Laze

Laze Active Member

For those of us with SLKR as our only GL, do you think it would be worth it to get Daka/Zombie at this point? I’ve been doing a little testing against the lone JMK in my arena (using C3PO) and not having much luck. I imagine with CAT it will be even harder.

4. Themistocles

How many of those in your shards are either whales who are buying their R8s or are already in CPit capable guilds. If you know of many who are working on JMKs, I'd start going in that direction.

5. Laze

Laze Active Member

It’s hard to say, but I would expect a bunch more to pop up over the next few months, given how good he looks and how much people like Kenobi in general. Several people in my guild dropped everything to start working on him as soon as he was announced. CAT might be harder (depending how you get the shards post-conquest prizes) since I don’t think many had 4 million GP when she was added. But even without CAT, it’s a tough matchup for SLKR. I guess it wouldn’t take that long to just bring up those two characters if I focused them, so I could afford to wait until it becomes more of a problem. Assuming they even work to take out the CAT comp.

6. Themistocles

Oh right I forgot you've got SLKR instead of SEE. Yeah I'd wait at least a couple weeks or so to see how the counters guides shake out.

7. Electricboa

Using Wat and Armorer might work. It might work for Kylo, too. You figure, CAT just came out, so there really aren’t a lot of good strategies out there. It’s guesswork and you figure a lot of people are just climbing and doing whatever is easiest. Because JMKs are mostly isolated to older arenas, those people tend to have a lot of GLs. So switching to JML isn’t a big deal.

I would say give it a week. There are going to be counters, you just have to give everyone enough time to figure them out. And they will probably happen fairly quickly, since I imagine almost everyone with JMK was doing all they could to get CAT.

What I can say is the JMK variant with C-3PO is the easiest one. KAM is harder and so is CAT. My guess is there won’t be many C-3POs around in the near future. But, like I said, Wat and the Armorer could be the key. The main danger for them is probably CAT’s stacking damage Force Leap. Though if they’re really fast, that heal immunity could be a problem.

JMK is always going to call in someone with his first special, so he won’t ever stack his damage. CAT can get big numbers, but those are normally crits. If you can’t crit SEE or Kylo, then it might not be as bad.

Kylo potentially will have a harder time because CAT gives her team +50% health and +50% defense. That health is on top of JMK’s +25% health from leadership. So +75% health, which makes all the protection up larger because it’s based on max health. Kylo doesn’t really get good damage in until the protection up is gone.

SEE should be a little easier because he can instantly defeat linked enemies. And you can actually stall a bit, if you want. Link OG Ahsoka and his mastery will stack through the roof with all the assists.

So I wouldn’t jump on Daka or Zombie right now just because some early testing show them working.

8. Themistocles

Just to confirm...CAT's presence negates KAM's Jedi Council unique right? If so, why are people still pairing the two?

9. Themistocles

1 battle, 1 win. Obviously more testing is needed for this comp. It was EXTREMELY scary. 3 beskar and tank tech required IMO. A 1st turn placement of 3 Beskar with Armorer pretty crucial. Luckily after CAT deleted Malak, the JMK team chewed SET under 60% health giving me instant 3 Beskar. Even then the 5 JMK team members with CAT and KAM (GAS and GK linked) nearly chewed through SEE with all that additive protection. My 1st Ultimate saved me. The battle was pretty certain once I got it to 3 v 1. I might have to remod SEE for speed to get to tank tech replenishment faster. I currently have a slow SEE modded for all out offense.

10. Electricboa

That is correct. CAT is not a Republic Jedi, so KAM’s unique is essentially useless. There aren’t even any healer/support units to get the offense increase from their health. But, as I had posted in one of the topics on here, CAT’s unique is better than KAM’s in every way except the speed. You get more bonuses with CAT, so it’s kind of a push.

The reason some people (I’m one of them) are keeping KAM is a couple of things. First, he’s a fairly strong attacker. At R7, I’ve gotten 120k crits with his Decisive Thrust. He can also apply armor shred, which is fairly useful.

But the big reason is the way JMK’s unique works with OG Ahsoka:

When a Galactic Republic ally attacks out of turn, all Galactic Republic allies recover 2% Health and Protection and call the weakest other Light Side ally to assist dealing 20% less damage (limit once per turn).​

OG Ahsoka assist whenever a Republic ally uses a special. That means Ahsoka gets the weakest other ally (usually KAM) to assist her. When KAM is in Ataru form, which is his default one, he attacks twice with his basic. KAM has good damage, so those extra attacks do some work. But it also charges JMK’s ultimate:

Whenever another Light Side ally uses a Basic ability, Jedi Master Kenobi gains 3% Ultimate Charge, doubled if it was during their turn.​

So that’s 9% change purely from Ahsoka and KAM when they’re called in to assist.

All that is basically the rationale for using KAM without taking CAT into account, but it’s still true with CAT. You still get a faster ultimate charge and a lot more bonus attacks. Those bonus attacks are where you can use CAT to get some high damage out of her Force Leap.

Her first special, Shien, lets you put it on another ally and CAT. When either of them attack out of turn or evade, CAT’s Force Leap (after the first annihilate one) gets a +50% stacking damage increase. The AI seems to like to put it on JMK, but if you put it on KAM he atatcks twice with his basic. That means every time OG Ahsoka is calling KAM in, that’s two +50% damage increases for Force Leap every time someone else uses a special.

And if you really want to get crazy, you can use JMK’s Hello There to call in KAM. He attacks twice. Because it’s a special, Ahsoka comes in and KAM attacks twice again. That’s a +200% damage increase from one turn. That’s how I got that 348k crit. Shien lasts for 4 turns and there are a bunch of specials on the team. A couple rounds of that and CAT can do some crazy high damage.

As far as the team you beat, that might not have been ideal for them using GAS instead of Ahsoka, for all the reasons I listed. If they have Ahsoka there, I would say link KAM until he switches to the his Makashi form then link OG Ahsoka.

The good thing is you should be able to get to 3 Beskar pretty easily. JMK teams are all about a bunch of (sort of) smaller hits instead of a big one like SLKR. So you’re more likely to trigger the 60% threshold before they’re taken out.

You could also try for more health. I know that’s useful for SEE and Wat soloing Rey. But speed might matter more because of that healing immunity from JMK. The faster you get rid of it, the better.

Themistocles likes this.
  11. Themistocles

I keep forgetting I have an R7 GBA. His constant retaunts might help slow the avalanche against SEE once CAT gets going. Bulldog pulled of a variant of what I did:

12. Marc Tessier

Marc Tessier Well-Known Member

You can probably use CAT at R5 no problem, especially if you're not unlocking her for a couple of months. Her kit is based around Force Leap and instantly defeating a character. Regardless of her relic level, that is a constant. Of course, the extra relic levels give you some additional health, damage and other stats, but not sure it's necessary.

Boa and I have the luxury of pushing her to R7 now since neither of us have anyone who urgently needs the gear/relic mats.

Themistocles likes this.
  13. Marc Tessier

Marc Tessier Well-Known Member

I like comparing stats to see just how big a difference mods make.

I gave CAT my best offense set since she's in my arena squad now. Poor JKL just has regular 6-dot mods now. This makes me sad.

At R7 her stats are:

Health - 77k
    Protection - 60k
    Speed - 328
    Crit Damage - 163.5%
    Special Damage - 9923

The triangle mod has offense rather than crit damage, but the speed is too good to pass up at +26. I'd love a crit damage primary for this set, but don't have one that's fast enough.

14. Electricboa

That SEE video was kind of what I thought GBA might be able to do. It’s funny, Rey is normally thought of as the GL that can beat any of them on offense, but SEE is probably better at that. It’s basically that same team with Wat and Armorer that can do it all.

On the CAT relic levels, I wouldn’t get too hung up on everyone taking her to R7 or R8. There’s been so much hype around her. Add in what she can do for JMK and Padme in the initial testing, and it was just too tempting for most people. Whether that was a good idea is yet to be seen.

As far as the stats go, I figured speed is more important on her because you’ll get more chance to use Force Leap. The stacking damage kind of makes it so you don’t need to go all offense on her.

15. Themistocles

I did get to use GBA on my 2nd test today against the exact same JMK/KAM/CAT team and it DID feel a ton safer. Was able to call Brute back once, which delayed JMK further and allowed Armorer to safely coast into 3 stacks of Beskar on SEE.

16. Electricboa

That’s good. As long as you can win on offense, at least you can climb.

I’m trying GAS instead of KAM on defense tonight. With KAM and CAT, I held about as well as I usually did before CAT came out. I did end up taking my CAT to R8, though.

17. Electricboa

Well, it looks like CG might be out to mess things up for a lot of people:

We are aware of some potentially unintended interactions between Commander Ahsoka Tano and Nightsister Zombie/Geonosian Brute in which Commander Ahsoka Tano’s AI does not prioritize the preferred target. We are currently investigating the issue and are likely to take action in the future to address the outcome of battles between these units. If this is deemed necessary, there is a possibility that these changes may also impact Jedi Master Kenobi’s AI as well. We are also reviewing several other match ups with Commander Ahsoka Tano, but at this time we are unsure if these interactions pose a significant balance concern.​

I could be mistaken, but it sure sounds like they aren’t happy that CAT will try to annihilate Zombie or brute and waste it. This sure sounds a lot like Malak where they tries to make him more powerful so the people who got him right away would have more of an advantage. It might also mean making JMK’s AI smarter.

I have a bad feeling about this, if they actually do it. There are people in my arena right now who are having issues beating JMK/CAT teams and they have multiple GLs and know what they’re doing. The AI being dumb is a significant part of how JMK gets countered. If they put their thumb on the scales to make JMK too good, it very well could mess up the balance of GLs right now.

I wonder if they will let her ignore taunt for that first attack. That could be what they're thinking.

Last edited: Jul 22, 2021
  18. Themistocles

Yeah the last thing I need is for them to make JMK better. I lost my first two battles last night. There definitely is element of RNG in the SEE Two Tank setup.