1. We're looking for active, experienced players to help contribute and grow this site.

If your interested, PM NeoCHI.

Commander Ahsoka Tano

Discussion in 'Characters, Skills and Equipments' started by Electricboa, May 18, 2021.

1. Electricboa

Electricboa Moderator Staff Member

[ Developer Insights - Kit Reveal ]

[​IMG]

UNIT NAME: Commander Ahsoka Tano
    ALIGNMENT: Light Side
    CATEGORIES: Attacker, Galactic Republic, Scoundrel, Unaligned Force User
    Legendary Master of Jar'Kai and Shien form Attacker, who deals high damage to a single target.

ABILITIES:

Basic: JAR'KAI MASTER

[​IMG]

FINAL TEXT: Deal Special damage to target enemy twice. If another Galactic Republic or Scoundrel ally is present, Ahsoka gains Advantage for 3 turns.

Special 1: SHIEN (Cooldown 4)

[​IMG]

FINAL TEXT: (ZETA) Ahsoka and target other Galactic Republic or Scoundrel ally gain Shien for 4 turns, Evasion Up for 2 turns, Ahsoka swaps Turn Meter with them and calls them to assist dealing 20% more damage. Shien Form can't be copied, dispelled, or prevented.

Shien Form: Whenever this unit evades, or attacks out of turn, Commander Ahsoka Tano's Force Leap cooldown is reduced by 1 and damage is increased by 50% (stacking) until the next time it is used

Special 2: FORCE LEAP (Cooldown 8)

[​IMG]

FINAL TEXT: (ZETA) The first time Force Leap is used each encounter, instantly defeat target enemy and each Light Side ally gains 35% Turn Meter.

Force Leap on Raid Bosses: Call all other Galactic Republic allies to assist, dealing 10% more damage.

Deal Special damage to target enemy and gain Critical Damage Up for 3 turns. Reduce this ability's cooldown by 4. If Commander Ahsoka Tano has Shien, inflict Armor Shred until the end of the encounter.

This ability starts on cooldown and can't be evaded.

Unique: HER OWN PATH

FINAL TEXT: Ahsoka has +50% Offense and Critical Damage, and if another Light Side Unaligned Force User, Galactic Republic, or Scoundrel ally is present, she also has +50% Health and Defense and shares all of these bonuses with her Light Side allies.

If there are currently fewer allies than enemies, the bonuses to Offense, Critical Damage, Health and Defense are increased by 10% for each Galactic Republic or Scoundrel ally.

2. Themistocles

Themistocles Well-Known Member

Soooo help me with a current argument I'm having in my guild. I immediately thought when reading her kit - she sounds AMAZING in a Padme squad. Think of all those courage stacks! But someone in my guild is saying that CAT won't increase courage stacks.

I thought @Electricboa once upon a time taught me that courage stacks are based off max health. And since CAT gives a 50% health bonus to GR.....I thought that this extra health would translate to more courage?

3. Laze

Laze Active Member

Courage stacks are based on a percentage, so more health doesn’t give more stacks. What it does do is give more protection when you get protection up, making your team harder to kill.

4. Electricboa

Interesting . . .

A few things to note from the Developer Insights:

That’s certainly a pretty big implication. Given CAT’s Republic synergy, there’s a good chance that JMK will be Republic instead of Jedi, which could mean he has a way to let her use Force Leap immediately and take someone out at the start of a battle.

Well, she’s going to be very useful there.

That’s an interesting solution to getting around the characters not Jedi or Sith. Will it mean anything? For Rey, probably, since she’s often use more as a basic LS leader instead of Resistance. But for Visas or Fulcrum? I’m not sure anything can really save them short of some kind of unaligned team. CLS is always going to be a Rebel first and foremost, so him getting the tag is meaningless. Kind of the same for Ventress, she’s only really good with NS. The Kylos are FO more than anything else.

Outside of all that, it looks like she’s got a lot of potential. I’m guessing she’ll be viable in Rey teams, but I can’t really see Scoundrels. My guess is it’s going to be Republic for the most effective teams.

For Padme, that Shien form would be amazing with the OG Ahsoka always attacking out of turn. And the unique giving +50% health to that team is pretty significant. Defense, too, since it will make GK a wall. Plus that part about having fewer allies than enemies will make Padme teams even harder to take out, since JKA is normally the first to go.

But I’m guessing that she’s eventually going to be part of JMK’s final team. The first picture all but says JMK is going to be Republic, so it does make sense that the synergy will be there. I wonder how CAT will interact with KAM, since she’s not a Jedi. Maybe CAT will be the B team for people without KAM?

Either way, I wonder if she’s going to be a requirement for JMK. I can see it and leave the other Ahsokas for Fallen Anakin. We’re supposed to get her to 7 stars after 3 Conquests (with the highest chest), so I guess I’ll get her either way. Gearing her is probably going to come down to JMK. Though if she’s better than C-3PO in a Padme team, I might gear her just for that. I do prefer him with Rebels.

Basically, what Laze said. You don’t get more stacks. So if you don’t get hit, it’ll be the same amount of courage in both cases. If you do get hit, the protection up is based on health. That means you’ll lose less protection up because it’s base is greater because of the max health of the character being greater. In that scenario, you could end up getting more courage because more of the protection up remains with a higher health unit.

Themistocles likes this.
  5. Marc Tessier

Marc Tessier Well-Known Member

I have always felt that Master Kenobi's kit will be centered around Galactic Republic, but I do also expect him to have the Jedi tag. He is after all called "Jedi Master Kenobi". I also expect his kit to have some synergy with GR Jedi. There are combat missions in LS Geo TB where GR Jedi are required, and I think Master Kenobi is partly intended to help on this front.

But it is CG, so we'll have to wait and see. If the next batch of requirements are all or mostly GR Jedi, I would consider that to be a major hint as to CG's intentions with his kit.

As for CAT...

Love her versatility.

My first thought was also that she should rock under a Padme lead. The developer insights also stated that when CAT uses her basic, whatever stacks of Courage that are converted to bonus damage will apply twice. So, we are getting another tool to tackle LS Geo TB.

Also very curious about CAT under a Rey lead, possibly with the addition of Visas to go against SEE/other Sith. Visas was one of those characters that I left at G7 or G8 and the only thing I recall about her kit is a chance to assist when an ally attacks a Sith.

The Unaligned Force User tag has potential for the future. Can you say ... Grogu?

Even better if she has direct synergy with Master Kenobi to use Force Leap with her first move.

Looking forward to getting her.

Themistocles likes this.
  6. Themistocles

I havent been this excited about a non Journey guide character ever. Sure OG Mando was great and fun, and Chewpio quickly proved his worth, but with CAT's kit it's the rare instance of a new character where I feel like I must simply get her as fast as possible, into R5 minimum with all haste, and she needs to walk straight into my R5+ Padme squad. I might finally have a LS Geo TB team with actual teeth with her.

Knowing CG, they'll put 600 Kyros from G8-G12 but this is one character for which I am confident she will be worth every little bit of it.

I'll be inflating my GP to 4M just to get access to Conquest hard mode. All I need to do is unlock Rex's 7 star ship which I've been sitting on and I'm pretty much there.

Marc Tessier likes this.
  7. Electricboa

My guess is he’ll only have synergy with Republic units, but will have the Jedi tag himself. That’s a backdoor way for them to softly make him Republic Jedi without explicitly saying it. KAM will do the work for them. And if people don’t have KAM, they can just use Republic units until they have him.

Hmm, Visas on a Rey team could be interesting. Being able to revive someone would make things tricky. I hadn’t really thought of that. The anti-Sith would work for SEE, but it could backfire if SEE links Visas. She’ll be assisting all the time and that’s going to fast-track SEE’s ultimate.

The funny thing is with the latest set of JMK requirements, it looks like he might be the easiest GL for me yet. I already had most of the requirements at or close to what was needed, so there’s some chance I may realistically be able to do Rey after JMK.

CG has said that everyone who gets the max crate for the next three Conquests will have CAT at 7 stars, but there’s a lot of talk that CG is ramping up the difficulty to get that max crate because too many people were getting it before. That might mean you’ll unlock her with the lower crates, but might have to wait until she becomes farmable to finish and use her in LS TB.

8. Laze

Laze Active Member

I'm very interested to see how hard the next round of conquest will turn out to be now that there is a lot of incentive to do well on it. They've already said they're removing deployable cooling systems, which I used to beat pretty much every battle, even on normal mode. It's possible I still could have made it through the whole thing without it, but would have had to try harder. I imagine on hard mode a lot of people were using it as a crutch to get further than they otherwise could have.

9. Electricboa

It certainly removes the ability to cheese a lot of it. That being said, you can still get pretty far without the cool down decreases with enough TM gain ones paired with the offense and defense buffs.

I’m sure there will be other ways to abuse the system. That’s pretty much how it works. CG uses everyone for beta testing. Players instantly find strategies and then CG nerfs or removes them. Removing the deployable cooling systems will only prompt players to find new combinations.

10. Marc Tessier

Players will also have to buy CAT shards every chance they get from the Wandering Scavenger to unlock her after 3 Conquests. So, for me, that means Razor Crest is taking a back seat. I'd much rather have CAT at this point.

It will be interesting to see whether, or should I say how much, the difficulty of Conquest is increased. Does the next one begin next week?

Themistocles likes this.
  11. Electricboa

I’ve got 2k currency from last Conquest, so that shouldn’t be a problem for me. I’m assuming it will be the same as the Razor Crest. There’s only so much currency you can get per Conquest, so they have to make it possible to buy all of them.

I will probably skip the Razor Crest, too, though. I see much more potential from CAT.

12. Themistocles

Tomorrow!

13. Marc Tessier

Woo hoo!

14. Marc Tessier

Nice. I believe I have around 1.7k leftover.

15. Themistocles

Its probably way too early for this, but if she goes in a Padme squad, should she go Health? Or is there an argument for her to be decked out in Offense?

16. jwall157

jwall157 Active Member

Lol I have 30

17. Marc Tessier

Too soon to say, but I'd lean towards offense or critical damage sets at the moment.

18. Electricboa

No idea. I would assume both would be fairly effective for Padme. It is a versatile team.

I would probably lean more towards offense over crit damage because of her Shien special. It gives her and the target ally Shien Form for 4 turns, which gives 50% damage stacking every time they evade or attack out of turn. CAT can be called in by Padme and GK, so there’s potential to get her damage up. Mostly, though, I think the regular Ahsoka is going to be the main beneficiary, since she attacks out of turn all the time.

Her Force Leap is a one-hit kill the first time you use it, so damage won’t matter for that one. She is a special attacker, which is a tad surprising

Of the other hand, +50% health and defense from her unique could make it viable to make a very tanky Padme team that just takes a long time to kill.

For Geo TB, she’ll likely be the key to more easily beating the Nexu mission. Right now, C-3PO is the 5th member most people use, but the Nexu doesn’t get hurt as much by Courage, so he’s not as useful. The current teams to beat it are iffy and require modding for damage over health, so CAT would be a lot of help there.

And, of course, there are other factors to consider if/when you get JMK or KAM, assuming CAT is good with them. KAM might not affect CAT directly, but their uniques would affect the rest of the team as a whole. So I’m very likely going to end up personally modding mine for health because of that.

19. Electricboa

I wasn’t really sure if this was better here or under JMK, but I guess since CAT is the focus, it was more appropriate here.

My goodness, she is powerful. Under JMK, she’s insane. First, the AI likes to target her with damage immunity, so she gets her annihilate right away. In a mirror match, both GKs are dead. The one-shot does not trigger the savior-like mechanic. The next character to fall to 0 health gets it instead. So mirror matches are going to be a mix of mods and a real person being smarter than the AI.

People without KAM clearly have a solid team that can probably beat anything on offense. It’s not even close. GMY might as well be benched. Probably the same for C-3PO. You’re always going to need GK—especially against enemy CATs, since you don’t want them annihilating anything else. OG Ahsoka is important because of Shien (we’ll get to that momentarily). The last spot could be GAS or C-3PO, and I’d pick GAS in arena for the armor shred.

People with KAM are the more interesting one. The only real difference is that 5th slot could be replaced with KAM instead of GAS. Is it better? On offense, it seems so. Shien goes better on KAM because he does his basic twice when OG Ahsoka attacks out of turn. You can get some crazy damage on Force Leap after the annihilate. I got 348k crit without really even trying. Whether that holds on defense . . . we’ll see.

For people without JMK, CAT probably makes Padme the best non-GL team. I skimmed Ahnald’s testing and he uses a Padme team with CAT to beat a JMK team without CAT. He even autoed it once, which was close but still impressive. I’m curious to see how the next LS Geo goes when we can use CAT on that Nexu mission. I wonder if we’d even need to remod with all that damage.

Outside of Padme and JMK, CAT was less than impressive. She really didn’t seem to work on any other team I say Ahnald test. She either dragged them down by taking out a key member or didn’t help all that much. That being said, most people have Padme, so CAT is probably a must-have for that team now. Kind of like Chewpio for Rebels. If you have JMK, there’s just more value.

I ended up modding mine for speed, damage, and a little health. One speed and health mod set.

Health – 76k
    Protection – 63k
    Speed – 342
    Crit Damage – 205.5%
    Special Damage – 8514​

And that's at R7.

Apparently, SEE can still win, so that's good news. The bad news is the team I've heard uses Daka and Zombie:

[​IMG]

GBA might be able to do it, but it might be harder if OG Ahsoka takes awae Brute's taunt. At least if you have or plan to get SLKR, it gives Daka and Zombie extra utility. JML seems to eb able to win, since CAT can't annihilate him. Not sure about SLKR and Rey. Kylo would have the NS, though.

Last edited: Jul 19, 2021
  20. Themistocles

Do you think she's worth the R7 at this point? It's going to take me 2 more months to get CAT, at which point I should be close to going after SLKR tickets and nearing the end of that journey.