1. We're looking for active, experienced players to help contribute and grow this site.

If your interested, PM NeoCHI.

Captain Phasma (Omicron Touch Up)

Discussion in 'Characters, Skills and Equipments' started by Electricboa, Nov 16, 2021.

1. Electricboa

Electricboa Moderator Staff Member

CHANGES MARKED IN RED

UNIT NAME: Captain Phasma
    ALIGNMENT: Dark Side
    CATEGORIES: Dark Side, First Order, Leader, Support
    High-damage First Order support that can grant allies many extra attacks.

ABILITIES:

Basic: ONSLAUGHT

FINAL TEXT: Deal Physical Damage to target enemy and inflict Defense Down for 2 turns on a Critical Hit. If this attack is not a Critical Hit, Phasma has a 50% chance to gain Advantage for 2 turns instead.

Special: VICTORY MARCH (Cooldown 4)

FINAL TEXT: All allies gain 50% Turn Meter and Advantage for 2 turns.

Special: FUSILLADE (Cooldown 4)

FINAL TEXT: Deal Physical Damage to all enemies with a 90% chance to inflict Speed Down for 2 turns.

Leader: FIRE AT WILL

FINAL TEXT: (ZETA/OMICRON) First Order allies have +20% Potency, gain Advantage for 2 turns at the start of each encounter, and can't be critically hit while they have Advantage. Whenever an ally attacks, they have a 20% chance to call a random ally to Assist. This chance is tripled if the attacking ally is First Order. If that ally had Advantage, they regain it for 2 turns.

While in Territory Wars: Additional +10% chance to call a random ally to assist. Captain Phasma has +100 Speed. Whenever a First Order ally attacks out of turn, First Order allies recover 5% Health and Protection. Whenever a First Order ally gains Advantage, they also gain 10% Offense (stacking) for the rest of battle and all First Order allies gain 7.5% Turn Meter.

2. Electricboa

Honestly, that’s a pretty nice omnicron. An extra 100 speed is pretty substantial and with all the Advantage flying around and that 70% chance to assist could make FO a formidable non-GL team in TW.

In TW, my guild has been using a variant of SLKR to use a separate FO team:

SLKR (L), Phasma, FOST, Daka, and Zombie​

It would not be an issue to replace Phasma with someone else and you can have a pretty powerful FO team under her lead while still having something for SLKR to work with.

For me, I’m not quite ready to go for it. I’m at 21 omnicrons now, but I know the new Boba needs 60 and I have a feeling he’s going to be a lot more powerful than Phasma. My only real concern is Fennec. She might be needed for an ideal Old Man Boba team (maybe Beskar Mando, too, if her unique stacks). I do already have Beskar Mando at R5, but I’d need to farm Fennec when she becomes farmable. I would anyway, but depending on how the omnicrons are without her, it might not be worth doing right away.

You figure the drop rate on them is stupidly low. I’ve been doing 3 refreshes a day in the Cantina since they were added and I just got one today. Buying them from the weekly shop is expensive and slow. Yeah, there’s the events, but it’s going to be one of those situations where there will be a lot more characters with omnicron abilities than we could afford for a while. At least until they can start stacking up.

One thing I am curious about is how they decide to do the update. My Phasma already has her lead zeta. The new Boba has a unique zeta on level 7 and the omnicron is level 8. I’m assuming they aren’t going to be nice and grandfather my maxed Phasma in where I wouldn’t need to spend omnicrons. Will they refund the whole leadership and start from scratch?

Last edited: Nov 16, 2021
  3. Marc Tessier

Marc Tessier Well-Known Member

Wow! That's way better than Rose's omicron. I didn't do SLKR, so Phasma isn't an option for me at this point.

4. Laze

Laze Active Member

I think this will be my first one. It will be nice to turn a mostly useless team into something useful in TW, at least.

5. Electricboa

I can definitely see Phasma being the go-to first omicron for a lot of people. You figure the list of upcoming ones are mixed:

• Rose Tico
    • Captain Phasma
    • Rebel Officer Leia Organa
    • Darth Sidious
    • Qui-Gon Jinn
    • Zam Wesell
    • Chief Chirpa
    • Chief Nebit
    • Imperial Probe Droid
    • Hera Syndulla​

The top 6 all are required for a GL, so depending on which GLs you have, those are the most likely options, since they will already be G13. The other ones I’m very skeptical about. Both Chirpa and Nebit would require gearing up a whole team, so I can’t imagine any scenario where it would be worth doing for most people.

Some people have Probe Droid geared from the Grievous nuke team days. And it is an Empire unit with a useful dispel. So it’s not like you’d need to gear up a team for him and maybe whatever the omnicron is would make it good for a LV team, but it’s still going out of your way.

Hera is probably the only interesting one of the non-GL requirements because if we do get a GL Thrawn, he will likely need the Phoenix again. I could also see a scenario where her omicron lets you use all six Phoenix members on your team. That could actually be kind of amazing.

Last edited: Nov 17, 2021