1. We're looking for active, experienced players to help contribute and grow this site.

If your interested, PM NeoCHI.

Can you guys please help

Discussion in 'General' started by ArifBoss157, Jan 4, 2020.

1. ArifBoss157

ArifBoss157 New Member

I need advice I want to buy a good pack for the lights sid e but am undecided

2. Dagor

Dagor Active Member

Are you referring to the character data packs? I wouldn't recommend those personally, they are pretty much widely considered a horrible choice. If you haven't purchased it already, I would however recommend the Hyperdrive bundle for $100. This is especially true if you are newer or have a thin roster as you get a whole slew of useful characters to fill out your roster and you also get some much needed gear (and a bump to level 85 if you're not there already).

Other than that, the only useful bundles to purchase in my opinion would be the event packs that they offer from time to time (the ones that give a bunch of shards for required characters for certain events). That said, those aren't terribly useful unless you NEED all of the characters AND are fairly close to finishing off their farms. The Hyperdrive bundle is MUCH better in that it gives you a 5* (or bumps your existing character up to 5*) unlocked character and gears them to G8 if I remember correctly. That is MUCH better than 30-50 shards of a couple of characters. And that doesn't even consider the gear and zeta mats you get.

3. ArifBoss157

ArifBoss157 New Member

Thanks I'm not really new I just had a long break today I brought the Bastille shan set is she any good or no I need advice

4. ArifBoss157

ArifBoss157 New Member

Thanks for replying

5. Dagor

Dagor Active Member

Honestly, that Hyperdrive bundle is a steal even for my account (I bought it). If you're planning on spending on the game, it's a solid choice. I don't regret it at all. Just the gear represents about $175 worth of crystals.

As for Bastila, yes she is a solid character. She is a great Jedi leader and she works really well on as a member of the Jedi Knight Revan team. Both teams are no longer "Alpha" teams, but they are key counters to teams like General Grievous, Nightsisters, and others. You will want her for the Darth Revan event as well (along with 3 of the 4 other light side Old Republic characters) for the LS half of that event. If you've been gone for a while, especially if that period included all or most of that period of time (Old Republic releases, Jedi Revan event, Chewbacca event, C-3PO event, Darth Revan event), you probably would be well served to look at that Hyperdrive bundle. It will save you a ton of time farming the first 5* (145 shards for characters that are not yet unlocked or at 0/xx) for 65 characters (and 16 ships). Without seeing your current roster, I can't judge exactly how much it will help, but the fact that you are looking at the bastila bundle tells me that you likely missed a good chunk of marquee summer last year at a minimum. Now the bundle won't get you all (or even most) of the marquee characters, but it will get you your clones mostly done, phoenix, several key jedi and sith, etc.

6. Electricboa

Electricboa Moderator Staff Member

Just to second Dagor, Chromium packs are just about the worst use of crystals in the game. There are a lot of characters and hoping you randomly get the one you want is a pure gamble with insanely bad odds.

In general, I would say most character/ship packs are not worth it. There have been a few exceptions, but marquee character packs give you shards for a 3 star character you get for free from the marquee event. Getting that character to 4 or 5 stars isn’t particularly useful for the vast majority of cases. You can’t gear past G11 without 7 stars anyway. As a point of reference, it’s usually about $300 to take a brand new marquee character from 3 stars to 7. Unless you’re a whale, that’s almost always a waste of money because very few characters are worth it unless you normally buy every character.

As to the Hyperdrive bundle, it’s expensive but potentially worth it depending on what level and characters you already have. As Dagor said, the gear alone is worth more than the prince of the whole thing, but you have to be willing to spend that much on gear if you already have everything else. If you’re a new player, then it would be very much worth it for the boost it would give you. The key to long term success in this game is the arena. If you can start getting a top spot in the arena on a daily basis, it’s the equivalent to being a whale in terms of how many crystals you get. The Hyperdrive bundle would make that a lot easier and will probably be a soft requirement in most arenas (other people will buy them and you’d be competing against them).

In general, I would say the best use of crystals is refreshing your energy to farm gear or characters. It’s a slow process, but you end up getting more value for the crystals. If you are a newer player, I do think this is a solid path to follow:

It’s a bit old, but I think it’s still useful for the early game to get your feet wet.