1. We're looking for active, experienced players to help contribute and grow this site.

If your interested, PM NeoCHI.

Bad experience with this game (sharing so others may be aware and dont risk your money)

Discussion in 'Rants and Accomplishments' started by peche1987, Dec 5, 2015.

1. peche1987

peche1987 New Member

I purchased one of the packs available on the store. After some minutes the pack never appeared in my game. I thought that there may be a problem with the bank authorization or the transaction didnt go through. I tried to purchase the pack again and it told me that I alredy had it. It was on last sunday so I waited until monday to contact the bank. They told me that the money was deduced by EA. I contacted EA by chat, I was with them for more than 1 hour with no solutions, chatting with different persons that are not experts in this kind of games. To give you a solution, they ask you to close the chat to send you an email. I recieved different emails with silly solutions, like how to reset your router or reinstall applications. After some hours, someone told me that the case will be escalated with an expert. Waited one day and someone sent me an email stating that I didnt purchase the game because the transaction didnt go through. I checked the proof of purchase they sent and even contacted google play. I sent the proof to them, then recieved another email from the expert telling me how to use the restore purchase button. Seriously watiting almost one week just for someone send you and email with something you already tried with someone in the chat. For me this is enough, I have spent hours in chat, lost my patience, and I dont even expect my money or the content back. If you are spending money in this game, you are in a risk that if something happens probably you are going to have a bad experience like me

I posted this on EA forums and got removed. All the issues reported involving money have been removed as well. They dont want other people to be aware about these issues

jrc021369 likes this.
  2. AlbertSpice33

AlbertSpice33 New Member

Yea that is kind of the risk you take spending money on a new game that still has the one or the other bug and is provided by a company known for not giving a crap. :confused: Other companies would be afraid to lose a paying customer, but EA just doesn't give a dam. They leave beta testing payment channels to the customer.

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 7, 2015
    jrc021369 likes this.
  3. pebcak

pebcak New Member

Im srry this happend to ya

jrc021369 likes this.
  4. Marc Tessier

Marc Tessier Well-Known Member

Wow, that sucks. Seems simple enough to just give you the contents of the pack you purchased. By the way, when did this game launch? I started playing in mid January.

jrc021369 likes this.
  5. Tim.mcneil79

Tim.mcneil79 New Member

It really depends who you talk to I guess you need an expert operator to get your things back. My experience was the exact opposite ,I rolled a secondary account on blue stacks android and got Barris Offee first pull so went with account purchased dark side starter , droid pack then tried to buy force awakens and Jedi starter. The Game would let me buy both packs some siting google play error , EA granted both for free on the spot unbelievable but the ea operator was an expert in game this is where your problem may lie. Ps I'm not a overspending whale just wanted a slight start on this lucky account

Last edited: Apr 14, 2016
  6. Fetteracy

Fetteracy New Member

I had something similar happen, and they sent me a ton of stuff, bunch of gear, and crystals to compensate for their mistake. They totally made it right, and I was glad I got screwed :p

jrc021369 likes this.
  7. Ellaina77

Ellaina77 New Member

This is too all the new players, if you want to be a free to play player in this game you will be sorely disappointed in that this game is now turning into a pay to play game and you will not achieve anything great in this game without spending a few hundred dollars in the game.
    1. Drop rates for most gear is shocking especially for stun guns and stun cuffs and certian gear can ONLY be acquired from heroic rancor raids and heroic aat raids they can be farmed.
    2. Galactic war cant be finished by F2P ppl 99.999999% of all node 12's are full gear12 and fully zetad teams.
    3. The game gives little to no warning of upcoming events so they force you into panic farming and thus buying packs and buying crystals so u can do the events.
    Thats just a couple of things to think about when playing this game.

8. SumiXam

SumiXam Moderator Staff Member

@Ellaina77... I have to disagree. Aside from this thread being well over a year old, I think this game is fairly F2P friendly. I know several F2P players who are quite successful. This is at heart a resource management game and success at such games is always down to time, money, or a combination of the two. Everything in the game is accessible to F2P, which is not always the case in other such games.

1. Drop rates are the same for everyone. Players can mitigate farming by ranking well in squad and fleet arena to earn free crystals. Those can be used to purchase hard to farm gear.
    2. Every time there is a gear/level cap increase it creates a period of time when GW becomes very difficult. It's been that way from the beginning.
    3. Again, it's been this way from the beginning. Players shouldn't be surprised that some events will launch that they can't clear the first time. Back when Yoda was released, hardly anyone cleared it all the way through the first, or even the second, time.
    This game is a grind and requires time. Some people like games like this and some don't. It sounds like it might not be the best fit for you, and that's okay. Many people do enjoy the grind and working towards clearing events.

FuzzyPineapp1e likes this.
  9. Ellaina77

Ellaina77 New Member

Are you FREAKING kidding me another one always advocating for this game yet another freaking whale it is NOT A F2P game anymore i i haven't completed gw in over 6 months coz of the fully zetad and gear11 to gear12 teams i GET slugged with and dont even SUGGEST about me getting a resistance team iv had to bloody many tell me that if ur one of the moderators from the other forum i wont be happy.

10. Ellaina77

Ellaina77 New Member

Here is the rank 20 in arena

Attached Files:

11. Ellaina77

Ellaina77 New Member

Now here is rank20 for fleet arena which is the only rank you can receive crystals as a reward

Attached Files:

12. Ellaina77

Ellaina77 New Member

So i have NO idea what world ur living buddy but a proper F2P player has not got a chance in hell against those apponents.

13. Ellaina77

Ellaina77 New Member

Here is one of my node 12 opponents in GW

Attached Files:

14. Electricboa

Electricboa Moderator Staff Member

I've got to agree with Sumi on this. The fact that it is possible to farm almost everyone is actually a good thing. To put it in context, I used to play a game called Star Wars Force Collection. It was a card-style game. You could spend hundreds of dollars on a chance at a random 5 star card (the highest tier). And if you got a bunch of 3 stars, then you were out of luck. That was PTP because people literally bought cards on a black market because they would otherwise have spend thousands trying to get one character. So you might not like that you can't get everything right away, but it's certainly a lot more FTP friendly than other games I've played.

As for your Arena, Fleet Arena, and GW, a lot depends on when you started playing.Time is one of the biggest assets you have in this game. If you play long enough, you can look as though you spent a lot of money. And if you spent some money, it can be compounded. Especially if you're good at who you build and what you focus on. I can't speak for Sumi, but I do spend some money. I've been playing since the beginning and have probably spent about $400 total. That makes me a very small dolphin. I heard one person break down dolphins to people who spend <$50 a month, whales as ~$100 a month, and krakens as spending thousands per month. But if you look at my account, it looks closer to a whale. Why? Partially because I've been able to rank well in the Arena and mostly live on those winnings, but mostly planning.

But you have to be realistic with what you expect. You're in an Arena and Fleet Arena with players who started about the time you did. I don't know where your account it (swgoh.gg is down right now), but you might have made unfortunate investments. Even if you did things as perfect as possible, you can't realistically expect you're going to be at the same level as people who did spend money. Is it possible? Absolutely, but it might take some time to catch up. The current meta has been pretty stable, so people who are FTP have had a chance to get some of those rarer characters farmed and geared up. Some people invested more in ships than others. A lot has to do with personal choice and no small amount of luck.

Let me give an example of what I mean with CLS. As I said, I've been playing this game since pretty much the beginning. When CLS came out, a lot of people were upset because the character requirements were very specific. The people who'd been around as long as I have had an advantage. Old Ben was at one point the best leader in the game, so a lot of us farmed him for that purpose. ST Han was at one point the best tank in the game, so we'd famred him. And at one point Leia was queen of damage, so when she was put into the Arena Shipments, a lot of us farmed her. I kind of fell into R2 originally because I happen to like the Empire faction. The only one I hadn't had some reason to get was Farmboy Luke. I only farmed him because I had already farmed everyone else from the Guild Store. That has nothing to do with money, and everything to do with time playing. More time = more raids = more currency. So, you could have spend a couple hundred to get the characters you needed, but people playing for a long time already had them because of the meta shifts.

I can't really say too much about GW. There are issues. We don't understand entirely how opponents are chosen, so a lot of people get unfair matches. And I can't say that you should be competing in the top 20 in either Arena. I can only say it is possible to. Even if you can't Crystals are given out pretty easily. To go back to Force Collection, they would give out free Crystals (that was their premium currency, too) when hell froze over. It is definitely possible to save up Crystals and use them to get a refresh here or there. It's all about time. You're going to spend either money or time on this game.

And if you choose not to spend money, the best way to help yourself is to have a plan of which characters you're going to go after. We've got people on this forum that have a lot of experience and are very willing to help if you have questions. I've seen the difference it makes. There have been people that come here very shortly after they started playing and ask for help. We can tell them that Chewie is a waste of time and who to farm first. They end up doing better than most of the other players in their Arena without spending any money.

SumiXam likes this.
  15. Ellaina77

Ellaina77 New Member

Why do i even bother how on earth do you live with yourselves dribbling out such bull iv played this game for over 2 yrs and in the last 9 months things have gotten a hell of alot worse gw is IMPOSSIBLE TO FINISH arena barely can stay in the top 150 with the best zetad jedi team and im stuck at 2500 in fleet arena (i must agree i started ships really late) but gear farming is so freaking bad its not funny it takes a whole week with 3 refreshes per day to farm 50 stun guns or stun cuffs thats such a shocking drop rate its not funny and dont get me started on zetas its taken me 3 weeks to collect 13 zetas so NO I WILL NEVER EVER AGREE WITH EITHER OF UR ASSESSMENTS OF THIS TURALLY AND UTTERLY FUBARD OF A GAME.

16. SumiXam

SumiXam Moderator Staff Member

The game hasn't even been released for two years, so you may want to check your timeline and facts.

If you choose to take offense to advice that will help you be successful, that's your problem, not the game's. Regardless, it sounds like the game has run its course for you. You might consider taking a break or finding another game.

Nobody is going to convince you that it's possible to be successful as F2P though there are many examples supporting that and people willing to help others to that end.

I've always found it rather amusing that jaded gamers find it necessary to go out of their way to bemone a game instead of just finding something else to do, yet they are unwilling to see other perspectives simply because they can't accept that others are either better at the game than them or just had a different experience.

Responses to you have been measured and polite yet you respond with hostility. If you are unwilling or unable to carry on a civil discussion, your comments and hyperbole might be better served elsewhere.

17. AhnNu Rie

AhnNu Rie Active Member

While I'm getting more and more tired of the game, don't really remember it being so totally tilted to requiring people to pay for it. I don't expect a pure F2P to be at the top of any arenas, mostly because the top meta characters are being released via events, which we may or may not be able to obtain. Concurrently, they release the packs to buy them, making the whales+ guaranteed to have them maxed. I can deal with that, knowing that eventually those characters will become farmable.

I also have had a massive decline in GW in the last several months, my second account wasn't able to complete it but once a week once it hit level 85, frustrated the bejesus out of me. So, I am doing minimal work on it now, and only really farming that currency for periodic ship shards.

Go ahead and call me a fanboy, but there are aspects to this game that I do enjoy, and others that piss me off.

Over 2 years huh? IIRC, it launched Thanksgiving 2015, was my dad's 69th birthday, 26 November, 10 days before he died, so it's kinda burned in me.

Why do you bother? Because something is pissing you off, obviously, but it doesn't help in here to show up and immediately start bashing everything. We agree there are issues and disparity between P2W and F2P, but we also have seen other games where that disparity is much wider, and others where it is much smaller. Regardless, the developers/distributors have to make something, and this is how CG/EA has chosen to do it.

18. Electricboa

Electricboa Moderator Staff Member

Then I do have to echo Sumi and AhnNu, why are you still playing? Above all else, it's just a game and the point of a game is to have fun. It doesn't sound like you're enjoying it.

19. Ellaina77

Ellaina77 New Member

Well it will be 2yrs in November ( i haven't got the best memory for things) look every time i attempt to get my grievances out there about how difficult the game has gotten i get shutdown by ppl who in my opinion are in the pockets of EA.

look iv worked hard on my account but in the last 9 months or so things have become impossible LIKE gw getting fully gear12 and zetad teams that u must admit is really unfair only a true veteran who is a games genius can beat all im trying to do is get EA to start listening to the multitude of unhappy customers of the game and make some "small" changes to the game to make it fun again like me being able to finish gw once or twice a month me and a whole lot of others are not asking for much just a minor and fairer change to the gw system.

Look i know they need to make money but all us little ppl want are some extremely minor changes that wont affect there money making schemes.

20. AhnNu Rie

AhnNu Rie Active Member

Oh I'm right there with ya on GW, for me, facing top rank teams on node 11 and 12, and sometimes earlier, just kills me. That's pretty much why I've gotten disenfranchised with parts of the game (GW and Marque events). Add in the way that, without some special precognition, knowing which special groups need to be worked on until 1 day before the next event. Then peddle the packs, and hope that a lot of people will be desperate enough to buy them.

The only inkling we had about Nightsisters was that Talia, a launch F2P character, was the login character. My only 'luck' there was that I had wasted time doing 7* on Initiate, Asajj, and Daka, previously, Talia was already 6*, and Acolyte was unlocked. Had to wait to continue Acolyte until finishing CHS.