1. We're looking for active, experienced players to help contribute and grow this site.

If your interested, PM NeoCHI.

argh

Discussion in 'Rants and Accomplishments' started by flair, Mar 8, 2018.

1. flair

flair Member

god i fucking hate JTR
    and everybody else too
    for a while I was quite comfortably beating JTR teams, but for a few days I'm unable to take down even half a team, the same with zarriss/GK - I can't hurt them
    it was the same in my fleet shard, I came from being able to beat everyone apart from 2-3 top fleets to losing four in a row on damn offense
    this is outrageous, I don't know if literally everybody just went some major upgrades or what the hell
    it doesn't look like that but I just can't get into the top 50 right now

2. Kevthejedi

Kevthejedi Active Member

I feel your pain, JTR blocked me from the top spots for a good few weeks until I got my new team up and running. Even now it's hit and miss if I will win or lose against those teams. Who are you running?

I call what you're experiencing a 'negative rng day', which seems to happen occasionally when it seems like everything that can go wrong does go wrong. There are positive days too where things go right.

Fleet is always bullshit, after 2 battles today I reached 330, come back after my cool down for my next battle and I'm at 423. My fleet now has a power of 429k and I'm only average on my shard in the top 500-1000.

3. Electricboa

Electricboa Moderator Staff Member

My guess is they increase the speed of their BB-8. That can make them a pain to fight with a non-Jedi Rey team. Because they essentially get a 2-for-1. When BB-8 is fast, he gives Secret Intel, which boosts their Rey.

The bad RNG with the fleet is real. That happens to me once in a while. It's like their whole fleet dodges like TIE Fighters and they always land hits. I'll lose in seconds to a fleet I could normally beat on auto.

4. Marc Tessier

Marc Tessier Well-Known Member

Hey Boa, just wondering how my squad compares to yours in terms of speed.

JT Rey - 230 critical damage and tenacity sets
    BB-8 - 277 -- speed and defense sets
    R2 - 251 -- tenacity, potency and health sets
    Thrawn - 240 -- speed and defense sets
    GK - 208 -- speed and crit chance sets

My guild leader said any non-speed set that gives more than 75 speed is excellent. Rey gets 90 speed from her sets and R2 gets 94 from his sets. Since we've been able to buy mods for credits and ship mats I've so far been able to improve R2's speed by 7 and Thrawn's by 5.

5. flair

flair Member

CLS, Han, R2 and Chaze, only R2 isn't G12 but he has two Zetas on him
    I bought a refresh and managed to break through the Zarriss wall at the bottom of top 50, apparently they got pushed down there by a new wave on DS teams, hammered some CLS on the way up and beat some Empire/Sith team that could be really good if only there was no Zavage there (who does things like that and doesn't laugh?) and sat at #30
    still, RNG or no, I have a lot of trouble handling JTR and Zarriss/GK and I'd like some tips, maybe I've overlooked something or changed something for the worse, dunno

how come other guys from my team sometimes go before R2? he has Speed of 249 (could be a bit higher, but I wanted more potency on him)
    additionally I think that his Combat Analysis is broken, I've never noticed it work

Last edited: Mar 9, 2018
  6. Marc Tessier

If you are having trouble against GK/Zarrisss squads try replacing Han with Nihilus. When I was running the Titans and came across GK/Zarriss teams, I'd take Han out and put in Nihilus. You want to use Annihilate on either Barriss (first choice) or GK. I'd always try to take out the enemy's biggest offensive threat first (in most cases it was Han or Nihilus) before Annihilate was off cooldown. Sometimes the battle doesn't go to plan and R2 has stealthed the toons you want to take out, which makes it tricky.

JT Rey killed GK/Zarriss at the top end of Arena though and I haven't fought one of these squads in over a month.

7. flair

flair Member

the problem is AI targets my low life Nihilus
    God what a cheesy combination that is, the only reliable way I've found with this setup is to let GK use crit protection on Zarriss and abuse it, 'cause that's a reliable method of her not constantly healing - it would work but for some reason last couple days before I kill her she uses her active heal on her, in the meantime DN annihilates somebody vital and shit hits the fan

8. Electricboa

It's relative, but I don't agree with your leader. I'd say +90 or so from a non-Speed set is excellent. I've got a lot of non-arena characters that meet or exceed his +75.

Jedi Rey (237) - Offense / Health Set
    BB-8 (279) - Speed / Crit Chance Set
    R2 (263) - Speed / Potency Set
    Thrawn (261) - Speed Set (other two are not matched)
    GK (215) - Health / Health / Tenacity Set

I could actually get my BB-8 higher, but I'd lose speed on Thrawn. So this ia my balanced approach. Sadly, none of the new mods I got were better than what I was already using, but my non-arena teams got to benefit from them. It never hurts to have good speed on them.

9. Marc Tessier

Very nice! I'm not too far off although your Thrawn is much faster.

I could also give BB-8 a bit more speed, but I like looking after everyone and I hate it if I don't have complete sets. I also managed to give Thrawn another +3 speed, so he's up to 243 now.

10. Electricboa

I always liked having a fast Thrawn. The early Fracture or TM swap can be very useful on both offense and defense. I do like to keep full sets on everyone, if I can, but I'll always pick more speed over whatever set bonus I might get.

11. Marc Tessier

I agree about a speedy Thrawn. He was my speediest toon when I was running Titans in Arena, but he became less important when I made the switch to JT Rey.

I got lucky yesterday. Picked up a speed triangle mod with +14 speed on it, which turned out to be a nice fit for Thrawn. He's now at 255 speed after I split up the second set and found a cross mod hiding in my inventory with +9 speed.

My new and improved Thrawn is 255 -- speed set and no second set.

In terms of speed secondaries, I seem to have the most luck with diamonds and triangles.

I have a +20 triangle and another one at +17.
    I have a +21 diamond and another at +15.

Those are my four best mods for speed secondaries. After that, I have a few at +14.

Last edited: Mar 12, 2018
  12. Electricboa

My 'best' is also kind of painful--a +20 secondary on an Arrow. The bright side is it has Protection as the primary, so it works pretty well for my Finn. I've got a couple +19s and a +18, but I count anything +10 or better as a good find:

https://swgoh.gg/u/electricboa/mods/?stat2_5=1

13. flair

flair Member

boa, why do you have such mods on talia?

14. Marc Tessier

I've always wanted to get a speed mod with protection as the primary stat and +25 speed as a secondary stat. It would be like getting two mods in one.

The down side to improving my arena speed is that I'm practically broke with less half a million credits. I was holding between 20 and 25 million before the change to the Mod Store.

15. Kevthejedi

Kevthejedi Active Member

Mod store has left me broke too. I think I picked up 7 mods with speed secondaries, and only one of them had a single upgrade to speed. Right now I am properly hating the game again, it just feels like it is stacked against you.

I did pick up a few speed arrows as well, because why not.

16. flair

flair Member

what mods do you buy there? I seldom see there something that I find interesting, only a couple of five dots ones, rarely with speed secondary, and even then primary is health or some other crap

17. Kevthejedi

Kevthejedi Active Member

I was buying any 5 dot mod that had a speed secondary, but that wiped me out quickly so now I only buy 5 dot mods with a speed secondary and at least purple. Even then I may not bother if it has a rubbish primary.
    Before the mod store change I was buying any mod for credits that had a speed secondary.

18. Electricboa

I think the best course of action is to only get purple or gold mods with a speed secondary of 4 or 5. Of course, I'm pretty well broke now, so that's kind of off the table for me.

Health primaries aren't generally that useful to me, so it was mostly just chance they ended up on Talia.

19. flair

flair Member

but with that much speed...

20. Electricboa

I could probably give the traingle to Barriss, but I'm mostly concerned with speed on my arena team. Everyone but GK uses a Speed or Offense set. The problem is I need to have 4 mods of that set to use it, especially the Speed sets. The way it works out is I'd actually end up making my characters slower by working in those two because I'd need to still complete the set. For example R2 uses Speed and Potency, including a Speed triangle and plus. I could work in the potency plus, but I'd be losing 24% Potency, which I really want to make sure I stun on my attack. It's like that for my whole arena. I can't change too much without losing the balance I have. Even GK, I'd rather have protection primairies on him than health.