1. We're looking for active, experienced players to help contribute and grow this site.

If your interested, PM NeoCHI.

ARC Trooper

Discussion in 'Characters, Skills and Equipments' started by Skywlkr76, Oct 10, 2019.

1. Skywlkr76

Skywlkr76 Active Member

From the EA Forums:

Hi Holotable Heroes,

We have a second kit to reveal today, the ARC Trooper! ARC Trooper is coming to the game in a future update but will appear in the Clash on Kamino event. This powerful Clone Attacker can command a Blaster Turret on the battlefield and will enable you to field all 501st Clone Troopers with General Skywalker! Stay tuned to the forums for which Update ARC Trooper will join the Holotables.

UNIT NAME: ARC Trooper
    ALIGNMENT: Light
    CATEGORIES: Light Side, Attacker, 501st, Clone Trooper, Galactic Republic
    Powerful Clone Attacker that can command a Blaster Turret on the battlefield.

ABILITIES:

Basic: Crossfire

FINAL TEXT: Deal Physical damage to target enemy. If they had no buffs before this attack, deal 30% more damage.

Special 1:Assign Command(Cooldown 3)

FINAL TEXT: Deal Physical damage to target enemy. Give Command to target other Clone ally until they are defeated or until Command is granted to a different ally.

Command: The Blaster Turret assists whenever this character uses an ability during their turn

Unique 1: ARC Arsenal

FINAL TEXT: (ZETA) ARC Trooper has +35% counter chance. ARC Trooper always has Command and summons a Blaster Turret to the ally slot at the start of the encounter and when he is revived. The Blaster Turret will assist when ARC Trooper attacks out of turn.

Unique 2: Blaster Turret
    [Basic] Shattering Blast: Deal True damage to target enemy and dispel all buffs on them, which can't be evaded.

[Unique 1] Summoned Object: This object's stats scale with the summoner's stats. This object can only be summoned to the ally slot if it's available. This object can't be summoned in raids. This object can't be revived. If an effect counts defeated units, this object doesn't count. When there are no other allied combatants, this object escapes from battle. A unit can't be revived if this summoned object exists in their slot.

[Unique 2] Object Properties: This object can't be targeted, is immune to damage and effects, and does not take a turn. When there are no allies with Command, the Blaster Turret is destroyed.

2. Skywlkr76

Skywlkr76 Active Member

With all the excitement about General Skywalker, I actually missed this one yesterday. From just scanning through the kit, he looks like the Clone version of GBA. I wonder if he'll be released the same way?

3. Electricboa

Electricboa Moderator Staff Member

To me, it sounds like he’s closer to Chewie than GBA. Unlike the Brute, the Blaster Turret can’t be targeted. It assists the ARC and whoever has Command, just like Chewie assists Han and the lowest health ally.

But beyond that, his kit seems a bit lackluster. I mean maybe he’s just a pure attacker and that’s all he needs, but I’m not sure how well he’s going to fit. You figure everything is going to be about General Anakin right now. He, Fives, Rex and Echo are locked on that team beause of the 501st tag. Ahsoka or the ARC will go in the last slot (assuming we don’t get any other 501st characters).

I know Ahsoka has a lot of synergy with JKA and GK, but her kit is really useful. She’s going to be assisting all the time because General Anakin is a Republic leader. That constant dispel might make it worth using her over ARC. Echo has his AOE dispel, but that’s a 3 turn cool down. No one else on the 501st team can dispel.

And what does she lose for not having JKA and GK? She loses the extra two hits on her special and she can’t get crit hit immunity. Without that, her +40% health, +10% evasion and crit chance, and +25 speed won’t get doubled. It’s a loss, but the healing she brings to the table and dispels, I think, will mean much more.

Of course, I’m purely talking arena here. My guess is for TW and GA, it will make more sense to use Ahsoka under a Padme lead. Although maybe not. I seem to recall early testing of Padme teams against DR where Shaak Ti helped some people pull off more consistent wins. We’ll need to gear Shaak Ti anyway for Anakin.

4. Marc Tessier

Marc Tessier Well-Known Member

The turret has a dispel, so we'll have to wait and see whether ARC Trooper or Ahsoka works best in the 501st squad. It may, as you said, depend on whether it's Arena, TW or GA.

5. Electricboa

But the Turret only assists two characters, and they will always be Clones. Ahsoka will assist anyone that uses a special, so when General Anakin attacks twice, that means Ahsoka assists twice. It's actually shown in the kit reveal for GAS. That'll mean way more dispels than the ARC trooper could ever dowith his turret.

My guess is Ahsoka will end up being the arena choice, but everywhere else will be ARC. Basically the same as people who use GBA on a DR team. No one uses that in other modes of the game because it ruins the Geo team.

6. Marc Tessier

Good point. Plus most players will have Ahsoka at G13. It will take awhile to get ARC Trooper geared up.

7. Electricboa

Yeah, but it looks like we’ll have time. GAS at 5 star isn’t really that great against DR. And DR can still win on offense against a 7 star GAS. So I’m guessing we’re going to start seeing nerfs. No way they gouge everyone who got GAS and then they can’t beat DR anyway.

But I definitely see where ARC is going to be a focus for a lot of people for TW/GA. So much of GAS’s kit requires a full 501st team and sacrificing Ahsoka from Padme would hurt. There also might be some benefit to a weak ARC. If they’re the weakest point, you could trigger Fives’ sacrifice Zeta more easily.

8. Marc Tessier

I have to admit I'm disappointed General Skywalker doesn't have any Jedi synergy, but I understand why he doesn't because if he did the Jedi faction would probably be way overpowered. But, I'm still curious to see some testing with General Skywalker under a JKR lead and other Jedi leaders.

I'm expecting at least a couple of Jedi reworks leading up to the LS Geo TB since they all participated in the climactic battle at the end. And I'm beginning to think Ki Adi Mundi will be the equivalent of Wat Tambor for the DS Geo TB.

We shall see ....

9. Electricboa

I’ve heard he works well under a Padme or a JKR lead. He can beat DR, but it’s nowhere near the domination DR/Malak did to JKR when they came on the scene. I’m very worried that CG is going to panic when the krakens and whales start complaining that the character they spend hundreds on isn’t top dog at 5 stars.

But GAS is always going to be best with the 501st because so much of his kit rests on a full 501st team to matter. You take that away and he’s an above average Jedi. I originally thought that Shaak Ti would be needed with Clones for LS Geo TB, but now I’m convinced it’ll be GAS with the 501st.

10. Marc Tessier

Shaak Ti still has Cody and Clone Sergeant. They may release a couple more Clones to make enough for another squad. Otherwise Skaak Ti may end up leading a hybrid Clone/Jedi squad and I doubt that would be very good with the current state of most of the GR Jedi like Mace, Qui Gon, Kit Fisto, Eeth Koth (shudders), Lumi, Plo Koon, and Ima Gun.

On another note, Anakin's cover mechanic with the mediation stance would have been really awesome for Qui Gon. Ahhh well. Still hoping they give him some love.

11. Electricboa

We could get more Clones, but we already know ARC Trooper is going to go to GAS. So we’d need to get at least two, maybe more. Cody is still pretty bad. Sergeant at least has damage going for him.

But the problem with Shaak Ti is she has very little Jedi synergy. Her first special should also call in Republic Jedi and give them TM, just like Clones. Her second special has the same issue. Clones get to attack again, but Jedi get left out. Jedi do get stacking tenacity, but how useful is that in most battles? And her unique is entirely Clone-based.

It would be fine if her leadership stayed Clone-oriented, but she has so little Jedi synergy, I don’t see what place she has anymore if we don’t get more Clones. We could get Mace or Fisto reworks, but what would be the point in using Shaak Ti on their team?

You’re put in a position of using Shaak Ti as leader with two Clones and two Jedi, when she gives almost no benefit to the Jedi. Or she’d be on a Jedi team (probably without Clones) when her whole kit it designed for a Clone team. I just don’t see it.

They really should have made her a hybrid leader, like Palpatine. One of his greatest strengths is being able to mix and match Empire and Sith so he catches anything your pure Sith or Empire teams have left. Even her second special specifies Republic Jedi, as opposed to Jedi in general. It wouldn’t have been hard to throw that in elsewhere in her kit.

Yeah, the cover part really doesn’t fit the character. Anakin’s whole point is leading the charge, not meditating and letting his allies take the damage. By the same token, Ahsoka should also have gotten synergy with him. It makes zero sense for her to have synergy with JKA when he’s supposed to be the ROTS version when she’s no longer a Jedi. The Clone Wars Anakin is the one she actually worked with. They got it right with GK, since he’s specifically Clone Wars.

12. Marc Tessier

It would be a shame if Shaak Ti doesn't have a full squad of Clones to lead. Without any new Clone additions she'll just end up being used to unlock GAS.

Or, as you said, give her some synergy with GR Jedi.

13. Kevthejedi

Kevthejedi Active Member

I've seen people using Shaak Ti in a Padme team, she seems to work quite well there. It's not using the majority of her kit, but it is a home for her and saves C-3PO for one of the many other teams he fits into.

14. Dagor

Dagor Active Member

Maybe they will go in and retroactively change Ahsoka similar to what they did to Goth Barbie when Darth Revan came out.

15. Electricboa

I don’t know. We do have a awful lot of Clones already. They could keep adding more, but it might start to feel a little weird.

It depends on what you’re using her for. C-3PO is primarily useful if you’re using her on defense because it can stop Palpatine from beating her too easily. On offense, C-3PO is important if you use her against a DR team. I think that’s the only two situations where you really need C-3PO on the team, but they’re unfortunately the two most common.

Possible, but unlikely because it would probably make her too powerful with GAS. The whole point of ARC is to free her up to go back to Padme. If they added synergy, then it would kind of defeat the purpose.