1. We're looking for active, experienced players to help contribute and grow this site.

If your interested, PM NeoCHI.

An Events Guide/DB

Discussion in 'Guides' started by AhnNu Rie, Oct 20, 2017.

1. AhnNu Rie

AhnNu Rie Active Member

Just found this, and don't know if anyone else has seen it, but it could be really helpful. Event dates and a couple other things. Some of it appears to be ordered on expected start dates. Time to make some plans.

https://swgohevents.com/

SumiXam likes this.
  2. Electricboa

Electricboa Moderator Staff Member

Now that is very interesting. We'll have to see if the dates are accurate. I'm mostly looking towards the Chimarea. I should be able to get everyone to 7 stars by then. But I know everyone who missed out on CLS will be happy to see him come back.

3. AhnNu Rie

AhnNu Rie Active Member

Well, Estimated Date for Training Droid for the 25th worked out correctly

4. Electricboa

That's good. It'll be nice to be able to prepare for some of these events.

5. Marc Tessier

Marc Tessier Well-Known Member

That might make GW even tougher.

6. AhnNu Rie

AhnNu Rie Active Member

Credit Heist this week dropped on the estimated date, hoping this keeps up.

7. SumiXam

SumiXam Moderator Staff Member

I have a hunch that a lot of the events data is preloaded into the game files. I know when I was playing Puzzle and Dragons, there were a couple of tools available to the community that were developed by players. These tools accurately predicted events which, in PaD, was very imported because they oftentimes lasted only an hour or two. It looks like this could end upbeing a similar resource. Fingers crossed.

8. AhnNu Rie

AhnNu Rie Active Member

Taking a look at upcoming events, some new ones regarding TLJ and 2nd year Anniversary, along with conjecture on what may or may not be required (7* Vet Han/Chewie)

9. Electricboa

I am a bit worried about the Veterans. There's no way I'll have them because I don't think they're worth the Crystals. The good news is they'll probably release those two for FTP farming around that time, soI'll be ready for the return.

The Anniversary should be interesting.

10. SumiXam

I'm not touching the veteran smugglers until they're FTP. I agree with Boa that they just aren't worth farming right now.

I don't think that the possible Lightsaber Rey will drastically change the meta, but I do think she will add some more diversity which is never bad.

I'm more nervous about not having Hermit Yoda for RTJ Luke. I'm thinking that's definitely going to be on the list of requirements along with CHS and ROLO. That seems to be right up CG's alley.

11. AhnNu Rie

AhnNu Rie Active Member

Progression seems to be right up their alley, need Jedi for GM Yoda, Rebels for Palpy, pretty much need Palpy for R2, R2 for CLS. Needing FO for BB8, and with FO being November login, expect to need them for something else "soon", again.

12. Marc Tessier

That would suck if we need Veteran Han and Veteran Chewie for a special event with a major new character. I'm with you guys, I'm not touching either until they are FTP.

I decided to go for Hermit Yoda shards because he is one of my favorite characters and as someone who used to run a Jedi Arena team I am excited about trying another with the little green guy. Also, I think it was Boa who mentioned the possibility that Hermit Yoda could be a requirement for a Jedi Luke at some point in the future. It makes sense based on their pattern to date regarding big characters. I figured it would be nice to be out in front, or at least not way behind, when it comes to Hermit Yoda should there come a time when he is needed for some special event. My Hermit Yoda is at 129/145 and I will unlock him after the next TB.

The character I'm worried about is Wicket. My Ewoks suck and Wicket is a massively long farm even if you can complete the Endor Escalation event. At this point, I'm nowhere near being able to clear it.

13. SumiXam

I'm with you on Wicket. I can't even begin to touch that event and seems to be so rare that I find myself caring very little about it. Besides, it's Ewoks. I care about as much about them as I do about Nightsisters, which is very little.

14. Electricboa

Yeah, I think I guessed pretty early on that Hermit Yoda would be a requirement for Jedi Luke, but I don't think Jedi Luke will be coming anytime soon. Everyone is going to expect him to be more powerful than CLS, and that's not really going to work right now. The power creep hasn't moved far enough yet. Besides, they want to spread out major events like that so the game will have that content going forward. Plus, there are a lot of people who don't have CLS. My guess is maybe the next Anniversary will be Jedi Luke at the earliest. But I am starting to think about farming Yoda now. I've got 4 post-G12 pieces on my Arena team and I don't really need to keep going with them.

Ewoks are a problem for me, too. You pretty much need to gear up the new Ewoks to do it. I've got Chirpa at G9, Teebo and Scout at G10, and Elder at G11. I get crushed by the AT-ST. Chirpa is staying at G9 because he needs 2 Stun Cuffs, a Stun Gun, Nibian Tech and a Security Scanner to get to G10, which is insane. I am farming Logray, because he's the only character I don't have done from Guild Shipments, but Paploo isn't going anywhere any time soon. At least with the Nightsisters, I can complete the event with the existing ones.

15. AhnNu Rie

AhnNu Rie Active Member

I finished off Acolyte and Talia from Cantina Battles, just because, and upped MT to lvl 85, a bunch of junk Mods, and G7, and was able to finish off the NS event, better than I would have thought, MT (L), Daka, Asajj, Talia, and Initiate (the one I accidentally Zeta'd, and can't get undone, I tried).

To me, events are going to be a pain, and I'm going to find it annoying AF if they make Vet Han and Chewbacca FTP, and then a week later require them at 7* for some event.

The advantage we get from this events site is a "clue" of when they are/might be happening again. So far the credit heist and training droids hit the nail on the head. Time will tell how many of the others are close/correct. I'm also thankful for the mentality of how long I might have to work on building up teams that I wasn't able to complete the first time around.

16. Marc Tessier

Nice work on the Nightsisters. It's always a good feeling to finish the shards for a specific faction.

I'm right behind you on the original Nightsisters. I have Talia at 95/100, Acolyte at 94/100 and Initiate at 72/100. Talzin is 5/65 while Zombie is 7/25 and Spirit is 3/25. I'm not too worried about Spirit and Zombie for now even if they are better. At least I will have a full NS squad at 7 stars should they be required for something in the future.

AhnNu Rie likes this.