1. We're looking for active, experienced players to help contribute and grow this site.

If your interested, PM NeoCHI.

Amazing team or bad design?

Discussion in 'Rants and Accomplishments' started by Kevthejedi, Aug 10, 2017.

1. Kevthejedi

Kevthejedi Active Member

Someone in my arena is running what would be considered a weak team, but getting close/in to top 10 each day. I have no idea how many crystals he's spending. Here's his profile:
    https://swgoh.gg/u/abaddon/

He's beaten me multiple times so I know it's not just fluke, he's also beaten other top meta teams in my shard. I was just wondering what opinions were. His mods are pretty good, on a par to mine rather than massively better. He also doesn't have complete sets on some toons (mods completely missing from them).

My team (90k)
    QGJ, 7*, G11 (maxed), zeta
    Yoda, 7*, G11 (maxed), zeta
    R2, 7*, G11 (missing 2 stun guns for maxed), 2 zeta
    JKA, 7*, G11 (maxed)
    GK, 5*, G11 (maxed)

His team (67k)
    EP, 7*, G11
    Vader, 7*, G10
    Shoretrooper, 5*, G10
    Thrawn, 5*, G10
    B2, 6*, G9

2. SumiXam

SumiXam Moderator Staff Member

I'm guessing that B2 does quite well against the current meta teams. Being able to spam B2's AOE dispel frequently allows Thrawn to better target fracture and quickly gimp opponents. Shoretrooper takes the heat off of his if only for a turn so the team can get their initial hits in. Also keep in mind that that Palp's leader skill is focused against Rebels and Jedi, reducing potency and evasion, which means the team is landing more hits and sticking those debuffs. It's definitely a creative build that counters most of the popular high tier teams.

jrc021369 likes this.
  3. Electricboa

Electricboa Moderator Staff Member

Yeah, that team can win on offense. The gear is a little low, but B2 wreaks any team that relies on buffs. And Mods can make up a lot. I used to use my B2 with my Sith to beat triple cleanse teams. As soon as they get Tenacity Up, I'd take it down. And it would work just as well (even better) against Jedi. He'll use Palpatine on Vader to clear out your Foresight and then B2. If he gets Buff Immunity on them, it's like Qui-Gon's leader is disabled.

But he probably falls 50 spots or more. There's a guy in my Arena that has a payout 30 min before me that uses this team:

Rex (L), Chirrut, Baze, Kylo, and Ventress​

All G10 or G11, but his Mods suck and he put a Zeta on Ventress. He's lucky to stay in the top 50 overnight (that's as far as I see), but each day he works his way back up in the hour and a half before his payout. He manages to beat most teams with better characters and mods and can usually take #1 or #2.

4. Kevthejedi

Kevthejedi Active Member

B2 has been on my farm list for so long, and keeps getting bumped for someone else. I guess I'll get to him eventually.

He's dropped to 28th at the moment, but no idea what time his payout is.

Wow, unusual to see Ventress in arena!

5. Marc Tessier

Marc Tessier Well-Known Member

B2 is brutal on Jedi. Thankfully I don't see him very often in Arena these days. If I do have to fight B2, I almost always take him out first. R2 actually has been huge for Jedi teams. His basic ability stun helps prevent some huge problems before they start.

6. Kevthejedi

Kevthejedi Active Member

Yeah, I use R2's stun a lot more than his other abilities, obviously depending on who I'm fighting. I do find myself getting frustrated with how rarely it actually lands considering it has an 80% chance, although occasionally it never misses.

7. AhnNu Rie

AhnNu Rie Active Member

It's more than likely just me, but it seems like opposing R2 units land their stun more often than my R2 does, don't think the little guy likes me.

8. Kevthejedi

Kevthejedi Active Member

I feel the same, I guess it's confirmation bias, I'll try and monitor the rest of my attacks today and see how many stuns proc, not that it helps anything.

9. AhnNu Rie

AhnNu Rie Active Member

Likely doesn't help me that I haven't stacked the hell out of potency on R2 either

10. Kevthejedi

Kevthejedi Active Member

Mine has 60%, not ground breaking but not awful either. A shard mate with 40% potency always seems to stun more often than mine when I fight him. Like I say, it could be confirmation bias.

11. Electricboa

Electricboa Moderator Staff Member

That's probably because most people only use him on offense. He's not generally good on defense, so they replace him with someone better. That's what I always did, at least.