1. We're looking for active, experienced players to help contribute and grow this site.

If your interested, PM NeoCHI.

Advice on First Galactic Legend

Discussion in 'Squad Help' started by Laze, Feb 8, 2021.

1. Laze

Laze Active Member

Hello everyone. I have been playing SWGOH for a little over a year now, and am reaching a point where I feel it’s time to start working on a galactic legend. I stumbled on this forum recently and the discussion and advice given in some of the threads here is fantastic, so I thought I would submit my situation for some sage advice from the experts, if you’re willing to give it.

The background on my account is that I’m going the FTP route, and didn’t really know what I was doing at first so I used some outdated guides and followed a progression of Phoenix->Empire->JKR->DR (still finishing the relics on the DR squad). Since the JKR unlock I’ve been mostly top 50 in squad arena, sometimes cracking into the top 20. I focused heavily on fleet early since that seemed like a more feasible way to earn crystals, and with some luck have been able to climb to the top daily for the last few months.

The next logical character to chase after finishing Malak is probably GAS, but I would really like to push to start hitting #1 in squad arena. This means a GL. It seems like the consensus is that Kylo is the best option for a first GL and it’s not really close. However, I’m also strongly considering SEE for a couple of reasons.

1. I’m closer to SEE. I already have relic Vader, Marauder, and Anakin, as well as the tie bomber. My first order is basically non-existent. Although when I did an estimation of farming time for remaining gear for SEE vs. Kylo reqs, both are a few months, with Kylo being maybe a month longer (I would have expected the gap to be wider).

2. I have an empire fleet that I’ve been using to climb to #1, and the SEE reqs will allow me to shore it up. I’m not in a high powered guild so it will be quite some time before I can obtain something like Negotiator. I would hate to get halfway to Kylo and have to divert resources to my fleet to keep my hold on fleet arena.

On the flipside, I expect Kylo would hold better in squad arena, would do much better in raids, and is generally just a better/more useful character. If spending a few months farming I should go for the best, right?

Anyone have directional advice? My profile page is here: https://swgoh.gg/p/736645715/

Thanks!

jwall157 likes this.
  2. Electricboa

Electricboa Moderator Staff Member

Hmm, that’s actually a tough one. You’re doing very well in both arenas, which makes everything a lot easier for you. As far as GAS, I’ve mostly been recommending skipping him after Malak and going straight into a GL. Don’t get me wrong, GAS is an amazing character and you will want him eventually, but the requirements for him are very nearly as much as a GL. And it’s always better to have a GL.

But going SEE vs Kylo, you pretty well outline the trade-offs. You’re much closer to SEE and would stand to benefit the most from the Empire fleet versus the FO one. The R5 TIE Pilot surprised me. Either way, you’re eventually going to have some issues in ships when people start getting Negotiators and the Malevolence. Neither Empire or FO are going to do good on defense against them. I know FO can win on offense. I assume Empire can, too, but I haven’t tested it myself.

What I can say is once you have a GL, it should be a lot easier to get into a guild doing Geo TB. And you’d want to do the Malevolence over Negotiator. The Negotiator is generally better, but relies on well geared pilots to make it run. The Malevolence really doesn’t require you to gear up anyone too much other than Grievous. Not to mention, the Malevolence is completely viable at unlock, so you don’t have to worry about getting it to 7-stars. Negotiator mirror matches come down to who has more stars and gear.

Ultimately, it’s going to come down to arena. SEE is not as good on defense in newer arenas like yours. It’s counterintuitive, but SEE has more value the older your arena is because there will be more JMLs. It’s possible to beat SEE with a DR team, so holding on defense is probably not going to go as well as you’d like. And holding on defense is half the battle in arena. You don’t want to climb that much every day.

SEE can work with any Sith, but a lot of people do favor Traya. I mean you don’t really want to use your Vader or DR team with SEE in GAC or TW. You could use Dooku, Maul, and Sidious with him, but that idea of SEE having more value in older accounts comes back a bit. You’re very unlikely to run into someone with JML as their first GL, so if you get paired with someone that has a GL, it’ll likely be Kylo or Rey. SEE can beat them, especially with the Armorer, but we’re talking about characters outside of the requirements.

The other thing to consider is how you’re going to use the requirements. Most of SEE’s requirements are pieces of other teams. For example, you will gear up Piett, Veers, and Starck. Great Imperial Troopers, but you will need to gear up two more for a complete team. Royal Guard and Krennic can work on Empire teams, but I’ve always found that it’s pretty easy to fill up a Palpatine team when you can pick Sith or Empire.

One of the things Kylo has going for him is when you unlock him you already have his ideal team:

GL Kylo (L), KRU, Hux, FO Sith Trooper, and FOO/FOST​

That’s the best possible team you can make. FOO is better for aggressive offense and FOST is better for defense. But for TW, GAC, and TB, you can break up that powerhouse team. GL Kylo can work with the lesser FO characters against anything other than a GL. Even then, some GLs you can still win. He also works with general DS characters. So you could realistically do something like:

KRU (L) Hux, OG Kylo, FOX, and FO TIE

GL Kylo (L), FOST, FOO, FO Sith Trooper, and FO SF TIE​

Phasma is left over in that situation. Or if you wanted the arena team, you have more than enough for a secondary C grade FO team with a Phasma lead.

There’s not really an ‘ideal’ SEE team, but some of the variations I seen are:

SEE (L), Traya, Fallen Bastila, and some combination of​

DR, Malak, Gideon, OG Sith Trooper, Sion, FO Sith Trooper, Wat, and Vader​

One last thing to consider is gear and relics.

Kylo’s requirements:

• Kylo Ren (Unmasked) - Relic 7
    • First Order Stormtrooper - Relic 5
    • First Order Officer - Relic 5
    • Kylo Ren, Relic 7
    • Captain Phasma, Relic 5
    • First Order Executioner, Relic 5
    • Veteran Smuggler Han Solo, Relic 3
    • Sith Trooper, Relic 5
    • First Order Special Forces TIE Pilot, Relic 3
    • General Hux, Relic 5
    • First Order TIE Pilot, Relic 3
    • Emperor Palpatine, Relic 7
    • Finalizer, 5 Stars
    First Order TIE Fighter
    Hound's Tooth
    Kylo Ren's Command Shuttle
    Slave I
    TIE Silencer
    TIE Advanced
    Xanadu Blood​
    SEE’s requirements:

• Admiral Piett Relic 5
    • Royal Guard Relic 3
    • Darth Vader Relic 7
    • Emperor Palpatine Relic 7
    • Director Krennic Relic 4
    • Count Dooku Relic 6
    • Sith Marauder Relic 7
    • Darth Sidious Relic 7
    • Darth Maul Relic 4
    • Imperial TIE bomber 6* Star
    • Jedi Knight Anakin Skywalker Relic 7
    • Grand Moff Tarkin Relic 3
    • General Veers Relic 3
    • Colonel Starck Relic 3
    • Grand Admiral Thrawn Relic 6​

SEE requires more characters and more of them to be higher relic levels. But you have a head start there.

If it were me, I would probably do Kylo first because of his arena viability on defense, especially if you’re only estimating an extra month or so. As much as I like SEE and a lot of the characters he needs, you would need to work on other characters to really see their full potential. Kylo is self-contained. You don’t need anything outside for him and you’re gearing up every FO character anyway.

Now, what I would do is probably SEE after Kylo. Both require R7 Palpatine and you already have the head start on some of the requirements. So I wouldn’t just let that sit. Having Kylo already would let you solo all the raids except the CRancor. So you have better rewards coming in. And you could probably get to a higher powered guild.

Laze likes this.
  3. Laze

Laze Active Member

You’re telling me what my head has been telling me all along. Go for Kylo first since he’s better, especially in a newer arena shard. We have a few Kylos and one SEE so far, and I expect more are coming soon. I doubt there will be many JMLs for quite some time.

The point about having his ideal team from the requirements is a good one. It pays to look at total cost beyond just unlocking the character. And if SEE is beatable by sith empire, that does not bode well for holding position in arena (I need to learn more about this counter since I’ll be stuck with sith empire in arena for the next few months). It sounds like Kylo is better in grand arena as well, and I do like that game mode and want to stay competitive.

If you’re not as familiar with the empire fleet, it can beat both negotiator and malevolence on offense, and we do have 10-15 of them in the shard already. That R5 tie pilot is tuned so his ship is one speed faster than a maxed umbaran, which is important when countering negotiators. The downside of this empire fleet is I had to gear some mediocre to bad characters, including tie pilot and gar saxon/imperial super commando (although the latter two are coming in handy with some of the recent galactic challenges). But overall, it has been worth it for the 400 crystals/day. Of course as you point out it won’t hold on defense in the long run (although I do wonder if it would hold as well as a 5* Malevolence, which isn’t really a defensive powerhouse either). From what I’ve heard, you really need to take the Gauntlet pilots to high relic to get much more viability out of the fleet, and that’s not part of the SEE reqs.

Thanks for the advice!

4. Electricboa

You can go on YouTube and find examples:

Now, to be fair they do use some exclusive characters, so it’s not a straight DR team counter. Vader is proabbly the easier one. There are other teams that can do it, like CLS, but not really applicable to you.

Ah, good. I’m not as familiar with using Empire to counter Malevolence and Negotiator because I never really had the need to use them. In GAC, I put them on defense and in the fleet arena I normally use Negotiator, but I have Malevolence as a second option. So I never really had to learn the counter. I also never geared up the Gauntlet pilots.

Malevolence has the potential to hold better. A lot is going to come down to which ships someone has and what gear the pilots are. For example, I’ve seen people put the Falcon as one of the reinforcements. That’s a cheap way to force opponents to target the Vultures. Spy does something similar, but not as persistent.

In general, and this holds true for both arenas, people try to find the easiest path to climb. That means while they could use Vader to beat SEE, in the vast majority of cases they’re going to go around a SEE team. Same with ships. They might be able to beat a Malevolence, but it’s just easier to beat an Empire team. Less work. The main exception are cases where they have to go to a spot to save a battle. Like if they're on 9 and are going to 1, they have a lot of incentive to go to 5 instead of using an extra battle.

As an aside, are you in an chat for both of your arenas? If not, that’s something you should look into. That will save you a lot of stress in the long run.

Laze likes this.
  5. Laze

Laze Active Member

I was disappointed to see Wat Tambor in two of those counter videos. It seems like he is used quite frequently in counter-meta squads, but I don’t have him. My guild is starting to earn a few shards each month, but I don’t foresee unlocking him before I get Kylo.

I have been fortunate enough to join both shard chats, and I couldn’t agree more that it has removed a lot of stress. Enough that it’s almost not worth trying for the top if you’re not in one.

I did have one other question for this galactic legend grind. Would you just build up a big gear hoard and drop it all at the end? This seems like it may have a couple of benefits. I wouldn’t be filling my roster with mediocre first order characters, which would help with grand arena performance. I’m in a pretty good spot in grand arena right now, and I may end up top 10 in my division this season. The other benefit is that if another galactic legend was released in the interim that is better than Kylo, I could potentially pivot. On the flipside, this would be more boring and I’m not sure I can get away with it since I need to gear some pilots for the finalizer missions. Maybe the best option is to build up a decent first order team with the needed pilots but hoard the rest? Something like KRU, OG Kylo, FOST, Hux, FOTP?

6. Themistocles

Themistocles Well-Known Member

Hi Laze! First of all, what a great trim roster you have. Love it! Wish my roster was as lean as yours. I have too much bloat and regret.

You didn't specifically ask for this but how attached to your current guild are you? You've got a full G12 Geo squad, so all you'd have to do is jump into the SWGOH Guild discord server and say: "Hi I've got a Wat capable Geo squad, and I can clear 4/4 Geo DS wave (DR) and at least 3/4 of another wave (Vader)" and I would imagine there would be a lot of guilds who are earning +10 Wats and 15-ish stars who would snap you up in a heartbeat. You might even luck out and get one that's dabbling in Geo LS as well for extra GET II per month.

Hell if we had a spot right now my guild (16 stars and I think 12 Wats last go) would take you in a heartbeat.

To your question re: gear hoard? I know some definitely do that. A new Youtuber I like named Still Plays who's big on GAC performance would advise this (which is what he's doing): Get all the FO requirements to G11 as a staging point. You're at a GAC level where your Top 60 is how you get matched up, and as I counted down your top 60, getting all FO to G11 would push down some of your weaker characters. The main KRU/Hux team isn't one I'd sleep on and would be a welcome addition to your GAC roster, IMO.

Even the maligned Phasma FO B-Team at G11 would probably serve as a better defensive speed bump in your GAC matchups than some of the bottom characters I'm seeing at the end of your top 60. Then he is going to take the best of the requirement characters to G12 and relics, and then after all that's done he WILL gear hoard for the not so good characters (i.e. Phasma) and dump them all at once after a GAC lock so he doesn't overly affect his matchups.

This is how I will do it when I eventually go for SLKR.

Now when I went after SEE did I gear hoard? No. Mostly because I was too lazy at the time to build a gear spreadsheet for the 4 crap SEE characters. Did I feel it in my GAC matchups as my GP inflated? Absolutely, but not to the point where I still couldn't make Kyber thanks to the strength of the good SEE requirements.

Last edited: Feb 9, 2021
    Laze likes this.
  7. jwall157

jwall157 Active Member

I bet you could easily get into LS geo tb. I'm only 1.3 mil but I'm in a great guild getting 14 stars DS and, I think, 7 stars LS.

8. Electricboa

For better or worse, Wat is probably the more versatile character in the game. The good news is he’s viable at unlock, so you don’t need to worry about getting him to 7-stars. Those Vader counters probably could work without Wat. Wat just makes it a lot easier and more reliable.

Gear hoarding, like Themistocles said, is something people sometimes do. Unfortunately, the way FO is set up, the ones you would want to wait on are a lot of the pilots. The ‘best’ FO team you can have pre-GL would be:

KRU (L), Hux, OG Kylo, FO Sith Trooper, and FOST/FOX​

FOST better for defense and FOX better for offense. You do have Hux for the Finalizer and KRU for the TIE Silencer, but that’s it. Phasma, OG Kylo, and FOST are for Kylo’s Shuttle and the two TIE Pilots are for their respective ships. The only two characters that don’t fall into the team above or the pilots are FOO and Vet Han. If you favor FOST, then you can add FOX to that group.

Being able to just save the gear and change your mind later is nice, though. There are only two main problems with that. If we get any new GLs in the near future, there’s no way to know what the requirements will be. So far, the requirements have gotten harder from the first two GLs to the next. It’s possible that the next two might require R8 or a character like KAM. That comes to the second problems. Most people, myself among them, suspect that the next GLs will be Anakin and Obi-Wan. If that’s the case, characters like Padme, GAS, GK, GMY, Hoda, or even KAM do make sense. That’s a pretty steep potential for the requirements.

Laze likes this.
  9. Laze

Laze Active Member

I’m sure I wouldn’t have much trouble getting into a higher performing guild. It just wouldn’t feel right abandoning my current guild, which has a solid core group of folks that have been good to me over the last year. I’d rather take a shot at helping build the guild up. Even if we aren’t a powerhouse from a GP standpoint, we do have a 46-0 record in TW since I joined and our DS geo performance is slowly improving (6*, 5 Wats last time). I place highly in all 3 raids, which is a plus. I also don’t mind working with certain handicaps and having to find creative optimizations within those constraints, like building a counter meta empire fleet to reach the top of fleet arena. It adds some spice to the game. Maybe we stagnate and I eventually need to move on, but not yet.

I think you guys have convinced me that a full on hoard isn’t worth it. Any potential GL pivot is very speculative and unlikely to happen. I like the idea of a g11 staging point, and then selectively gearing characters from there. It may not even be necessary to gear the pilots much beyond that to complete the Finalizer mission. And then I could focus on building up the top tier first order team. That would also be another team to use for DS geo TB. Great call on that, and less boring than a full on hoard :)

10. Themistocles

Some people do a full on hoard, and like to yank toons up to their highest potential right away. Some even have branded it "Themistocles-ing" (cough @Stormlink15 cough). Honestly I couldn't do a full on hoard for 7 months. I dont mind scrimping and saving for like a month for 1 toon, but not getting to play with any new toys for that long?

As Stormie likes to say, and he is quite right, it's still a game after all!

P.S. I can totally respect not jumping guilds. I'm in a similar situation myself. Could I find a better guild, esp now that I have a GL? Probably. Do I want to jump ship, especially now that my guild is making strides month over month, and after I've made friends here? Nope!

Marc Tessier, Laze and jwall157 like this.
  11. Laze

Laze Active Member

Lol, I’m definitely prone to impulse moves and instant gratification. In fact, last night I dropped a zeta on Chewie’s Loyal Friend ability because I was sick of struggling with the current tier I was on in the rebel assault battle. Maybe not the optimal way to use the zeta right now, but like you said, it is just a game.

After perusing your thread Themisticles I gather that you ran Sith Empire in arena for quite a while while working towards SEE. Do you (or others) have any tips on a good stopping point? My planned squad when complete is R5 DR, BSF, Marauder, Malak, and R3 Sith Empire Trooper. What I don’t know is whether such a team can beat GAS with any reliability. I’ve seen some people say they need to sub in Han to stun Rex out of the gate. I don’t mind gearing Han, but that does slow progress towards Kylo.

12. Themistocles

I tried all manner of hacks to try to beat GAS, but couldn't manage to do it with SE. Perhaps I wasn't playing it right. I could only beat GAS teams if there was a G12 weak spot in the roster.

I'd say you could stop somewhere around R3-R5 DR/BSF. I will say relic Mara is NICE. I dont know how G12 Mara is with SE, I didnt have a chance to use him at G12 before I was quickly onto relics with him. Having relic Mara has allowed me to split off BSF or Malak during 3v3 so that's been a plus.

SET, I dont know if I would spend the resources there yet to get him to G13. For DR you just need a meat sack to take the first hit. Quick check of your DR speed in your SWGOH.... HOLY CRAP YOU HAVE A 340 SPEED DR?!?

Maaaaan I dont even know if SET is worth it for you. I might skip. As Master Qui-Gon once said, "there is always a bigger fish" TRUE...but there aren't too many fishes bigger than 340 speed DR. From what I remember seeing SET requires a butt load of nasty gear like most tanks do. You could punt those resources towards SLKR.

If you had a SE lineup that included HK and Mara, I dont think you have too much to fear on defense from a mirror match DR, so then I dont think SET is doing much for you there.

I would get Malak to R7. R7 Malak is so worth it. Especially with a 340 DR? Man I would say you almost gotta do it now, your SE team would be devastating on GAC defense.

P.S. 316 BSF??? Holy speed mods bro.

P.P.S. I was so star struck by your SE team that I forgot to look at the rest of your SE lineup. I see you already have Mara and BSF and DR at R5, HK at G12. I'd TOTALLY just stand pat there, save the relic mats for Malak for a straight shot into R7 and 100% call it a day there, and get cracking on FO requirements.

Laze likes this.
  13. Laze

Laze Active Member

Hmm. I’m about a week out from having all the gear I need for the planned squad. DR, BSF, and Mara are already done. SET is literally 2 days away, but I haven’t done it yet. It’s true that I do have some of the fastest mods in the shard, but there are still padme and CLS teams running around, so I figured he would make my team more annoying on defense in general. I was trying to avoid any further resources spent on HK, since he seems redundant with Mara. But my main goal if I can swing it is beating GAS. That might actually make it feasible to climb to 1 now if I use a refresh. Malak R7 is something I hadn’t considered. I’ll have to see how these GAS fights go when I get him to 7* in a few weeks.

14. Laze

Laze Active Member

Also, I don’t use SE for GAC defense. I have consistently used a strategy of bringing the house on offense, and just trying to leave annoying banner stealing teams on D. It has led to 3 top 10 finishes, and Kyber in all but one of them. You get more banners if you full clear every time. It will probably be less effective when GLs come into the picture, but it works great for now.

15. Themistocles

Not to get all business term-y, but I would consider the ROI and the duration of that expected return for the price of a relic on SET. Would SET help you punch above and around Padmes and GAS? Perhaps, I honestly don't know, I'll leave that for the others to comment on.

What I will say is that #1 would be temporary (as I'm sure you're aware) and that in a month or two, something will shift your SE team out of that #1 spot, out of the #10 or #20 spot etc etc. It's a bit of a tradeoff to be sure. Maybe if you banked all your excess crystals from winning #1 spots for that period of time, it'd be worth it.

On my kids' two accounts, when they relic'd JKA on their Padme squads, they were able to secure 50-100 placements for about a month. Now they are slowly getting moved out and down. If they relic'd Ahsoka and GMY they could absolutely score 20-50 placements, but instead we are choosing to save those future G13 pieces and relic mats for GG/Mal and then eventually for their FO farms which will help secure them more permanent sources of crystal revenue. That's the way I would go if I were you (i.e. moving on to SLKR as fast as possible), but then again I've never been in that exact situation of nearly securing #1 squad rankings, so the math might be different for you.

Laze likes this.
  16. Electricboa

If you can get your DR that fast, you could actually make your Malak the fastest character on your team (when he’s 7 stars). The way most people deal with a faster DR is to use a pre-taunting tank, if you can get your Malak fastest and DR second your team would be a pain for people trying to mirror match you. The AI will use Torture on the tank and remove the taunt, then your DR will hit the leader and fear the whole team.

But if you want to be annoying for Padme teams, then put as much tenacity on Malak as you can. This is usually with R5+ Malaks, but Padme teams need JKA to get healing immunity on Malak to be able to win. They’ll knock out the rest of the team easily enough and if they can’t land healing immunity on Malak, he will solo their team.

I would skip SE Trooper. He’s just not really worth it. Don’t get me wrong, I like him and have mine at R4, but he’s not going to do all that much for you. The only real purpose he has in a DR team is to eat the first Insanity from a faster DR. If you had a full SE team, you’d get a minor damage increase, but that’s negated anyway with Vader there and you don’t need it anyway. My advice would be to use Geo Brood Alpha in arena instead. You already have him geared higher than Sith Trooper and he can keep summoning the Brute until he’s taken out. He also cleanses, so Brute will be able to taunt again if it’s removed or he’s shocked. In practically every arena scenario, GBA is better than Sith Trooper in a Sith Empire team. Even KRU would work as a better tank in a SE team because enemy Malak’s can’t drain him.

Though if your DR and/or Bastila is faster, you really don’t need a tank there. You could just use Sith Marauder and have more damage.

GAS is trickier. I believe Raid Han and Wat are the most common ways I’ve seen GAS countered with DR. Yep, Wat is back. You can look up some YouTube videos to see the kind of battles those look like.

Themistocles and Laze like this.
  17. Laze

Laze Active Member

You guys have given me a lot to think about. Just pushed SET to g12 since he only had one of the cheap data pad gear slots left, but I'll definitely will be holding off on g13 for him at this point, even though he's basically ready to go. So it really comes down to how much I throw into my arena team for the next 6 months, and how many crystals I net from that. The teams I'm contending with are:

1. GLs. There are a few Kylos and one SEE. I can't beat them, so I'll need to weave around them to climb high. There will be more, but probably at a slower rate.
    2. GAS. There are a few of these, and I would expect more are coming with all the Padmes running around. I currently can't beat them, and it sounds like a g13 SET won't make much of a difference here since I'll need Han if I want to counter this team.
    3. CLS w/Chewpio. There are just 3-4 of these. I'm about 60/40 on beating this team right now, but assume a relic malak will make this one winnable consistently, so g13 SET may not matter here either.
    4. Other DRs. I can beat them all now, and with my speed can probably be annoying enough that only the top few would climb through me. Again, g13 SET probably doesn't tip the scales.
    5. Padme. I have no trouble with them on offense, and there are quite a few of these. I expect they'll start turning into GAS teams over time. Sounds like SET won't matter here either, tenacity Malak is the play instead.

I can say the lure of #1 crystals is very tempting. But it's something that may be fleeting, as Themisticles points out. I was actually able to climb to #2 today (highest I've ever been) because the stars aligned and the Kylo and GAS teams were spread out enough. But I had to start at 55 and use a refresh to get there. Sure is nice getting those 400 crystals though.

GBA is an interesting idea Boa. That would have extra benefit making the Geo team stronger as well in TB and TW/GAC. Probably isn't great against Padme, but Padme teams aren't my problem. KRU is also an interesting idea. Kills two birds with one stone.

So now I'm torn on the team to roll with. DR, BSF, Mara, Vader, Malak on offense and swap Vader with SET/GBA/KRU on defense?

18. Themistocles

For my squad arena for a long time I rolled: DR/BSF/Vader/Malak/GBA. My GBA stayed G12 the whole time and helped keep me in the crystal range where I was competitive with the other DRs, and too tough for Padmes to take down. My ceiling was the thin layer of GAS in my squad shard. On offense my G12 GBA still did solid work in stripping taunts off, and giving an annoying target for taunts for the enemy AI. Even at G12, due to the constant GBA healing, my GBA/Brute had very thorough lasting power.

I liked Vader on offense because if the other team had a pre-taunt tank like a GBA, or SET, my MM was able to help me duck the taunt and kill off BSF or DR depending on who had more DOTS. If the cards lined up right, BSF would get the first culling blade and die, I'd basic DR and hit him hard enough to trigger deathmark, I'd go around through my MM and then culling blade DR at the end. It was usually over by that point.

I didn't really bother changing anything around for defense time, and I usually hung around in the DR bracket just fine with minimal movement within the DR layer of teams.

Laze likes this.
  19. Laze

Laze Active Member

Sounds very similar to what I’m using right now, except I’ve been using SET over GBA. It’s probably the 6* Malak that’s the defensive liability. I wonder if I was a little premature gearing up Marauder. I got him to R5, loaded him up on pretty good offense mods, and was all psyched to sub him in for Vader to get that full sith empire goodness. Then I promptly lost my first battle against a padme team, and he’s been riding the bench ever since. Vader is just too good when you can wipe out half of the other squad before they even get a turn.

20. Electricboa

On offense, you would probably want to switch out GBA for someone else. But on defense it wouldn’t matter much. In general, I think GBA is the best all-around tank in the game. He works on any team because he doesn’t need any synergy and being able to summon a disposable tank is just so useful.

If you can relic Malak, I think that will solve a lot of your issues with Padme. Vader is just generally good in countering Padme even outside a DR team. Marauder was probably premature, especially since you’re looking at doing Kylo over SEE, but your account is still incredibly lean. And if you do end up doing SEE after Kylo, it’ll all work out nicely.