1. We're looking for active, experienced players to help contribute and grow this site.

If your interested, PM NeoCHI.

Account Guidance

Discussion in 'Squad Help' started by Davirs1, Jun 10, 2019 at 9:49 AM.

1. Davirs1

Davirs1 New Member

Hello, this is my first post here.
    I would like some advice on my SWGOH account.
    My link on the SWGOH.GG is https://swgoh.gg/p/895523364/
    I have been away from the app for sometime and have recently got back into playing it.

Help would be appreciated.
    Many thanks.

Marc Tessier likes this.
  2. Electricboa

Electricboa Moderator Staff Member

Welcome! The first thing I would ask is how long ago you created your account. You’ve got a lot of marquee characters on your account, but if it’s a significant time ago you could run into issues with your arena. You’re grouped in with people who started around the same time. If you took off a while, then it’s possible that the other people in your arena shard have gotten beyond the point where you can realistically catch them. And doing well in the arena does improve your overall progress. You get more crystals, which let you do refreshes, farm more, and get more gear. Doing well in the arena is pretty much the best thing you can do.

I say all of this because it’s sometimes better to start over from scratch to be put into an arena shard with new players and then use advice from us here to make sure you stay at the top of the arena and get crystals quickly. The downside to that is you lose everything you have now. You already have characters like Nightsister Zombie, Nest, Jolee, Jango, Bastila, and General Kenobi unlocked. You’ll get them on a new account eventually, but you’ll have to farm them from scratch. Your 3 star marquee characters give you a 50 shard head start.

If you do stay with the account you have, you’re not in a great position. It’s not bad, but you’re going to kind of be starting from scratch anyway. Generally speaking, you want to gear up Phoenix characters to get Thrawn and Palpatine. That’s been the consensus from just about everyone for those just starting out since Thrawn came out. After that, it’s just gotten to be complete chaos because of all the events and special characters.

I’ve seen a lot of guides out there, but I would suggest Warrior’s pillar system:

It gives you some measure of flexibility, but keeps you on track for getting Legendary and Hero’s Journey characters ASAP. I will also point out that the guide came out before any of the recent big events (Darth Revan, Malak, and Padme). I don’t think it would change anything on the first two pillars, but the last two might need to be adjusted. That being said, those three characters require more of a gear investment to beat them, even if you qualify on the star count.

If I had to change one thing, it would probably be to take out the FO and Resistance characters. Jedi Training Rey is good, but she’s nowhere near the top of the meta anymore. She’s also one of the harder characters to get because you have to go out of your way to get FO to unlock BB-8, then farm a bunch of Resistance character (along with Veteran Han and Chewie) to get JTR. It’s a lot of farming for a character that isn’t worth it right now. It’s possible she could become meta again when we get new movie character later this year. That being said, I don’t think you could realistically get her unlocked before the end of the year whether you get a new account or not. I would say Darth Revan is much more worth your time than her right now. But that’s my opinion. You could still do very well even if you put Darth Revan off. You’re going to want Jedi Revan first anyway.

Warrior started a secondary account to practice his pillar system himself. He’s got a weekly schedule and you can see how quickly he’s able to grow in such a short amount of time. I know a guy who started his account around the time I started mine and then stopped until about the time Warrior started his series. I told this guy to start over, but he didn’t want to. In something like 3 weeks, Warrior’s FTP account passed him on progress. I think Warrior is on week 20 or so. The guy I know maybe got to Warrior’s week 4 progress in those 17 weeks. I cannot stress how much the arena can speed up or slow down your progress. Those extra crystals mean a world of difference.

Kevthejedi likes this.
  3. Kevthejedi

Kevthejedi Active Member

Warrior's guide is great and it's interesting seeing how it progresses. One thing that isn't in the guide is what to do with fleet currency, he deliberately leaves that to your own choice. On his own new account he used fleet currency to work on Geonisians (Soldier, spy, sun fac) and their ships primarily from galactic war store. In doing that he's been able to easily maintain #1 in fleet arena where the new whales aren't so competitive. It keeps a higher crystal income when you struggle to get in arena top 20 plus the fleet currency helps a lot with zeta's when you're getting close.

4. Davirs1

Davirs1 New Member

Thank you so much Electricboa for the help/advice it means a lot. I will take every word you wrote into consideration, do you think i should make a new account? If so how do i create a new one.
    ''The first thing I would ask is how long ago you created your account.'' I created it about 1 year ago.

5. Electricboa

Electricboa Moderator Staff Member

A year? That’s a tough one. I would lean towards starting over, though. Lando is your highest geared character and right now he’s not all that useful. Tarkin is a solid character, but not for where you’re at right now. You could possibly catch up to your arena, but I don’t think it’s really realistic. A year is quite a long time for everyone else in your arena to grow. Getting Thrawn is pretty important, but you already have Palpatine so it’s not as good of a deal for your current account.

For Android, you’d go to your Google Play Games app and go under settings. Then look for ‘Delete Play Games account & data.’ You should be able to delete your current SWGoH account. That should be it. Next time you go to the app, it should start you fresh. For iOS, I have no idea.

I think ships unlock at level 60, but I’m not 100% positive on that. Getting into ships is a good idea. It’s another source of crystals and it’s a very underplayed part of the game. If you get #1 in the regular character arena, you get 500 crystals a day. If you get #1 in fleet arena, you get 400 crystals. If you can do both, that’s a very steady stream of crystals to help you grow. 900 crystals is about the equivalent to about $8. If you’re able to do that on a regular daily basis, you would essentially be able to be a FTP whale. One week of that is the same as speeding $56. A Month? Over $200. If you do that for a year, it would be as if you spent nearly 3,000 on the game. Realistically, you probably won’t be able to get #1 every day, since there will probably be other with your payout you’ll either have to fight or come to an agreement with to rotate payouts. You’d still be able to get a good 800 crystals a day even if you have to take #2 or #3 some days.

And like Kev said, that extra fleet currency will come in handy for farming and eventually Zetas. That will be important later on.

I would suggest taking a look at some of Warrior’s Scissorman videos. They’re long, but they will probably give you a good idea of what you should be doing in a real-time format. I can give advice on characters and who to farm to get event characters, but the experience at starting over and playing at a lower level now is radically different from what it was when I started. Not to mention, Warrior is very good with ships. That’s something you don’t see that often with YouTube creators. Most either don’t know what they’re doing or don’t bother with it.

And being able to get crystals from both would be a very good thing. Geos are really great for starting ships and there’s a good chance we’re getting a Separatist capital ship soon, so they could become meta.

Davirs1 likes this.
  6. Dagor

Dagor Active Member

I would agree with boas recommendations here. I’ll add your existing account to my ally list in game in case you choose to stick with that.

Davirs1 likes this.