1. We're looking for active, experienced players to help contribute and grow this site.

If your interested, PM NeoCHI.

A Good Day/Week

Discussion in 'Rants and Accomplishments' started by AhnNu Rie, Jan 26, 2018.

1. Dagor

Dagor Well-Known Member

She and B1 are your primary damage dealers in that encounter. The more damage she can throw out, the quicker you can kill Fives and the other clones. The trick is to try to kill off Fives and one other clone (Echo is best option) in the first "topple", then it should be much easier.

Themistocles likes this.
  2. Dagor

Dagor Well-Known Member

The Mando 71/100
    Cara 64/100
    Threepio & Chewie 31/85
    Mon Mothma 42/65
    KAM 20/65

Imperial TIE Bomber 67/100

JML Gearing:
    Old Ben r5/r5

JTR r7/r7
    C3PO r5/r5

Mon Mothma g9/r5
    Threepio g11/r5
    JKL r7/r7
    R2D2 r7/r7
    Han Solo r6/r6
    Chewbacca r6/r6
    Rebel Y-wing 7*/6*

Princess Leia r3/r3
    Hermit Yoda r5/r5
    Wedge r3/r3
    Biggs r3/r3
    Lando r5/r5

Finished bumping R2 up to r7 and pushed Threepio to g11 with all his gear farmed to push to G12 as soon as he gets his stars. That always seems to be the part that takes so long! I'm averaging probably 10-15 shards per week without doing any refreshes, so I think I am going to push 1 or 2 refreshes each for him and Mon Mothma for the next several weeks to hopefully get done by Xmas if things hold steady. I don't recall it in their anniversary spiel, but maybe CG will grace us with some double drops in there somewhere before the end of the year. Since I don't really have any other gearing needs right now, I'm just farming gear for Mon Mothma now, which primarily consists of banging my head against the Kyro wall. I have a boat load of Kyro computers, but ran out of shock prods, so those are my focus right now. She needs like 5 complete Kyros just to hit G12, then another 100 of one of the pieces for the finisher. WAY more expensive to gear compared to Piett or Threepio. And probably less useful too. Threepio slots right into my already intact CLS team (that had to be relic'd for JML anyway). And Piett slots right into my Trooper team (though it doesn't get much use these days) who had two characters that had to be relic'd for SEE. Mom's team is all G11 or G12 'heroes' that aren't really used anywhere else. I suppose you could count the DangerZone boys and Lando there, but you still need some tanks there and my SRP and Baze are both G12.

Themistocles likes this.
  3. Marc Tessier

Marc Tessier Well-Known Member

Ventress is squishy. She will die quickly and do nothing if she's not at G13.

4. Dagor

Dagor Well-Known Member

There is that too :)

5. Themistocles

Themistocles Active Member

Me
    SEE PROG Completed

Thrawn to R6
    Tie Bomber
    Darth Vader R7
    JKA R7

SEE PROG Updates
    Thank goodness, back to farming shards again!
    Piett promoted to 6/85 and pushed to G11, have gear for G12 immediately upon 7 star
    Starck 56/100 and pushed to G11, have gear for G12 immediately upon 7 star
    Veers pushed to G12
    Sith Mara 49/85 and now all pieces are ready for a straight to R7 upon 7 star

Kids
    So in the big family news, we all went 3-0 for the first time together, me and the kids. They were quite tickled by that. My son finally got his first 3-0, which was huge because he would have quickly gone sullen if his sister had been able to keep that over his head.

They look a long shot for Kyber despite always winning 2-1 or 3-0. They're a little too deep in the Aurodium tier and in this 8-man bracket, they are up against some dudes who are clear spenders (multiple relic characters, GPs of 1.2M despite this being Div 11, because they upgraded during the month).

I've been advising them towards more defensive strategies, purposefully sacrificing banners to ensure overall victory with the sole purpose in mind of getting at least one zeta out of each GAC round. In the end it will probably cost them Kyber, but I don't think they'll mind the extra zeta mats.

They are now also pitted against each other in the same GAC 8-man bracket this round though, so there is that...

Gearing goes well - they are about 1 Sun Fac away from a full G12 Geo squad. They both hope to win Wat shards for their guild in a few days. Malevolence shard hunting has gone on in full earnest. They are eagerly awaiting a legit, powerhouse meta fleet, and this to be honest is the main overarching priority as soon as Grievous the character becomes farmed and they are close to 5-star Mal.

Their current fleet arena positions must be defended as much as possible...

Marc Tessier likes this.
  6. Marc Tessier

Looking good. These 4 days of double drops are gonna be huge for you.

7. Themistocles

On today, I just wanted to stop by and say I'm grateful and thankful for the community that exists in SWGOH. It just seems like yesterday I showed up here with my first post all like: "Umm I have Luminara lead, Ahsoka, Old Ben, Savage, and Talia - why can't I clear Galactic War??" And Electricboa was all like: "Well look here mister, here's what you have to do, now go and do it."

And now I'm in the middle of a galactic legends chase. Insanity! But a happy insanity, and I'm happy to have folks on here like @Electricboa @Dagor @Marc Tessier @Stormlink15 and @Skywlkr76 ! Happy Thanksgiving to all!

Last edited: Nov 26, 2020
  8. Marc Tessier

JML - 8/10 ultimate mats
    Piett - 6/85
    Cara - 59/65

Progress is going nicely on Master Luke's ultimate ability. Once I get the ninth, I'm going to max out my tickets to 144 before doing the final battle in order to have some saved up for the future when I go for another LS Galactic Legend.

My guild TNR Uprising is more TB focused, which fits in with what I wanted to do after completing Master Luke. This week, I promoted Traya and Old Daka to G13. Traya went to R2 and Daka to R3. Now I'm looking at Talzin, HK-47, Dooku, Droideka, Marauder and NIhilus. On the LS, Nest just needs a finisher and I've got my eye on L3, who I think is going to make a big comeback in a Quill/IG-11 squad. Happily, my L3 only needs the G12+ pieces and finisher.

If I do Dooku and Marauder, then that starts me on a clear path to SEE down the road since Vader (R4) and Thrawn (R4) are mostly done and JKA is R7.

My guess is that we will start hearing about the next pair of GLs in mid to late January, which gives me time to shore up some of these DS factions.

Last edited: Nov 27, 2020
    Themistocles likes this.
  9. Stormlink15

Stormlink15 Active Member

Been about a month since my last update.

Farming:

Shaak Ti - Done
    JKA Ship - Done
    B1 - 8/85

Jango - 81/100
    Hound's tooth - 47/100
    Droideka - 51/65
    Xanadu Blood - 47/85

SET - 55/85
    Sith Marauder - 93/25
    Arc Trooper - 66/65

With the completion of JKA's ship and Shaak Ti, phase 1 and phase 2 of the GAS event were completed. Shaak Ti was G11 and that was enough. I eventually want to take her to G13 for the KAM part of LSTB but that isn't pressing right now. On to Phase 4...

As of right now, my primary target is Malak. I'm finally getting him to 7 star after this TB. I have about all of his gear and materials to take him to R7. Is he definitely someone I should take to R7? I have the stuff to do it but Relic salvage and materials are getting a little harder and I'm starting to deplete my gear stockpiles and I have to be selective. I'm going to take him all the way unless someone says something against that.

Gearing for GAS:
    B2 is R3
    Ventress is R3
    B1 is G11
    Droideka is G8
    MagnaGuard is G9

All important zetas are on the toons.

I plan on taking B1 and Droideka to G13 and relic levels around 4 probably, but I'm not sure on Magnaguard; he doesn't seem to make a lot of difference when I face Grievous teams, so should he go to G12 plus? Or maybe G13 with just a couple relic levels? I'm not terribly worried about the GAS event. I'm pretty patient and have solid mods. It'll be awhile before GAS is 7 star anyway because of my sad amount of GET1.
    Other than that, I'm working on getting my crystal stash up, I haven't been able to climb fleet arena everyday but I'm doing that again and hopefully in a few weeks I can have a decent stash. If I can get 1st in Fleet, then I'm looking at 500 crystals from arenas every day. I'm locked in squad arena around 250, and can sometimes get below 200, but I hit a wall of GAS. Is there any good way to face GAS with my DR team?
    I can climb pretty easily in Fleet Arena thanks to my 7 Star Negotiator, but it's RNG for who gets the first AOE in mirror matches. I have much weaker pilots than most of the other people and I have too many things I'm working on to get Y-wing to higher star yet, but I can still climb pretty efficiently.

Themistocles likes this.
  10. Themistocles

Re: R7 Malak, I feel like it's such a good investment. Obviously you are a higher GP than me and GAC division, but R7 Malak causes so many damn problems for the opposition. For me, Malak is one of those no questions asked, he deserves the R7 type SWGOH characters.

Re: GAS, I get my ass handed all the time in S Arena with my SE team. The only shot I have is when the dude neglects to slap G13 on 2 or more Clones. When that happens I can usually take out the whole clone team when I make GAS take the first nap, but I've had absolutely no success against a full relic GAS squad.

11. Electricboa

Electricboa Moderator Staff Member

I would say outside of GLs, Malak is probably one of the top 5 characters to R7 in the game. That being said, GAS pretty much requires you to R7 him to really be great. Malak can do work even at G11. GAS is not going to do you all that much good before G13, but R7 is really needed for optimum damage output.

But you can get away with Malak at less if you want to save it for GAS. The main benefit of R5 vs R7 for Malak is how durable he is. R7 Malaks can solo more teams and are a lot harder to beat on defense. More health and protection means more hits to take him out. Much less of a chance that someone is able to do enough damage to bypass one of his bonus turn triggering health drops.

Relics are going to be an ongoing issue. I’ve mostly been stingy on R7s. The only characters I took to R7 that I didn’t have to are all my 501st Clones. Though because they’re needed for the KAM mission, it’s not like I regret doing it. For the most part, R5 is going to be the ceiling for the vast majority of characters. R6 and R7 are the ones that really hurt to do. But if I had to do a top 5 characters to R7 (outside GLs), then they would be:

Vader
    Grievous
    Malak
    JKL
    GAS​

That’s in no particular order. GK and JKA might be just outside that list for their ships. You will probably want Fives at R7 for his sacrifice, too. But they you start adding on requirements for GLs and you’ll end up with a fair number of R7s before all is said and done.

Stormlink15 likes this.
  12. Marc Tessier

I took the middle ground on Malak and took him to R6. During his meta period, I struggled when battles came down to my R5 Malak fighting an R7 Malak at the end. As soon as I took him to R6, I started winning a high percentage of those one-on-one duels.

But I agree with the other guys, you won't regret taking him to R7. Boa's list of top R7 candidates outside the GLs is, as you'd expect, spot on.

Themistocles and Stormlink15 like this.
  13. Skywlkr76

Skywlkr76 Active Member

Wampa - done
    Greef - 48/65 (paused)
    Cara - 32/85
    Vet Chewie - 22/85

Rebel Y- Wing - 47/65 (paused)

JKL Farm
    I finally got Wampa to 7*s and G12+2. That's a chore I'm happy to finally have behind me. Since the rest of the gear I need for him is all on ship nodes, I'm pausing farming Greef for the time being have more energy available to try and finish him off. I heard that JKL is supposed to come back sometime in December, so I'm hoping to have him finished by the time the event rolls back around.

GAS Farm
    With the anniversary rewards, I was able to finish off Droideka and push him straight to R3. That gives me Droideka and Magna at R3, B1 and B2 at R4, and Ventress at G12. I decided that I would try the event, just to see where I was at. On about the 4th try, I finally got good RNG, I toppled GAS and took out both Fives and Rex. All my toons have full health and pretty good protection left. I topple GAS a second time, and take out Echo and ARC Trooper. I still have all 5 toons, full health, but protection is low. I'm thinking to myself that I might finally have this event beat.

Yeah.....no.

GAS stands up, and in about 3 moves, he wipes out my entire team. I never got to take another turn.

I just stare at my phone in shock. Then I get pissed. I let out a stream of profanity that would make a seasoned sailor blush, and I haven't bothered to try it again. I'm currently re-evaluating just how bad I want to unlock him now.

Themistocles likes this.
  14. Dagor

Dagor Well-Known Member

The Mando 99/100
    Cara 66/100
    Threepio & Chewie 14/100
    Mon Mothma 31/85
    KAM 20/65

Imperial TIE Bomber 84/100

JML Gearing:
    Old Ben r5/r5

JTR r7/r7
    C3PO r5/r5

Mon Mothma g11/r5
    Threepio g11/r5
    JKL r7/r7
    R2D2 r7/r7
    Han Solo r6/r6
    Chewbacca r6/r6
    Rebel Y-wing 7*/6*

Princess Leia r3/r3
    Hermit Yoda r5/r5
    Wedge r3/r3
    Biggs r3/r3
    Lando r5/r5

Took full advantage of the double drops this holiday weekend on Mom and Backpack. Even Mando got some good progress. In addition to the shards, I also was able to farm a boatload of gear for Mom, so she went from g9 to g11 with all gear farmed to push to G12 once I get her shards done. Backpack is also in the same position. Now I'm just farming up kyro's for finishers with my excess energy.

Marc Tessier likes this.
  15. Themistocles

Me
    SEE PROG Completed

NEW: Sith Mara R7 (boy is he nice to play with under Darth Revan)
    NEW: Starck to R3
    Thrawn to R6
    Tie Bomber
    Darth Vader R7
    JKA R7

SEE PROG Updates
    Piett 64/85
    Krennic 59/85
    Maul to G11

I was not expecting to be able to relic 2 characters in 1 weekend, so yeah that was a huge jump in progress. I now have only 2 completely ungeared SEE toons - Krennic and Royal Guard. Holy cow as I look at this, I'm not insurmountably far away from owning a Galactic Legend. That's nuts.

Kids
    Kids finished in the Aurodium tier for GAC and never failed to go 2-1 which is huge for their first time out. The zeta influx is greatly appreciated.

Geos are 100% done and full G12. Padme gearing is going fairly quickly and Padme/Ahsoka/JKA are in varying stages of G9-G11. GMY unlocked at 5 stars and will be the Padme 5th for a long time. 2 more tank raids until we unlock GK to round out the squad and have all members present and accounted for.

Double drop mod slicing mats were hugely appreciated as well as the kids got multiple lucky strikes and added somewhere around 30 speed in secondary stats to their Padme teams today.

Last edited: Nov 30, 2020
    Marc Tessier likes this.
  16. Electricboa

A small break from my JML march. I’ve started using SEE more and more on defense in the arena because so many people are using JML now. I’ve mostly settled on this as my team:

SEE (L), DR, Bastila, Traya, and Nihilus​

JML teams aren’t an issue, so this team is mostly there to annoy Rey teams. She can one-shot any tank, so I just picked characters that stall. DR and Bastila have fear, Traya has isolate and the clenase, and Nihilus increases cool downs. But there was one little thing that bothered me. DR, Bastila, and Traya are all R5, but Nihilus is G12. So I started seriously thinking about bumping him up to G13 and then R5 to get him more in line with everyone else. The extra speed and durability wouldn’t hurt, either.

That’s when I thought about Sion. He’s been on my G13 radar for a while. I’ve heard him and Traya at G13 can take on full G13 Geo teams, which is appealing. Plus, if I was doing Nihilus, then Sion would finish off the Triumvirate set. And with the exception of OG Sith Trooper (who just needs the finisher), Savage (G12), and Sith Assassin (G11), that would put all my other Sith at G13. Sith Trooper is tempting, but his finisher is the same as Sion, so I would pick Sion over him.

This is where is became a good news/bad news situation. Nihilus just needed one G12+ piece and the finisher, both of which are also needed for JML requirement characters. Sion just needed his finisher, which included another gear needed for a JML requirement. So that backtracked my JML progress a bit. But I figure it’s better in the short term, since both are good characters. So I took them to G13. Then nihilus to R5 and Sion to R4. Might do R5 on him, but it will take a while to farm the signal data now that double drops are gone.

I am also now considering doing Nihilus’ leadership zeta because he’s G13. It would complete him, even if I don’t know if I would ever use Nihilus as a leader. It is also the only Sith zeta I don’t already have.

But that that Sith detour out of the way, I’m back to JML. My main focus right now is going to be Old Ben. He just needs his finisher and I figure another Jedi is never a bad thing to have. But I was able to use those double drops well for farming:

Mothma – 77/85
    Backpack Chewie – 43/85​

Really, I’m starting to get to the end. I still have R2 at R5, so he needs two more relic levels. JTR and Leia are at G12 and need both G12+ and finishers. Lando is at R3, so he needs two more relic levels. Mothma and Chewie are at G11, so I’m mainly just waiting until I finish farming them to take them to G12.

The double drops ate up my crystal reserves, but it was worth it for what I got. Now that it’s over, I’ll start saving some again.

Marc Tessier and Themistocles like this.
  17. Marc Tessier

JML's ultimate - complete
    Piett - 31/85
    Cara - 9/85

TIE Bomber - 56/65

I reached 143 light side GL tickets before collecting JML's final ultimate material, so 73 tickets in the bank for whenever I get around to the next LS GL.

Since gearing JML, I've taken 4 dark side toons to G13 -- Traya, Daka, Talzin and Droideka. All are either R2 or R3.

I'm hesitating a bit right now on my next move. I've added most of the SEE requirement to my favorites to start farming their G12 gear, but haven't started equipping it just yet. Something tells me I should hold off for a little while to see which way the Force winds are blowing.

SEE requirements as of today:
    JKA - done
    Vader - done

Thrawn - R4
    Palpatine - G12, plus 4 pieces
    Dooku - G12, plus 2 pieces
    Marauder - G12
    Sidious - G11
    Maul - G10

Veers - G12
    Tarkin - G12, plus 3 pieces
    Stark - G10
    Royal Guard - G11
    Piett - G7
    Krennic - G7

TIE Bomber - 4 stars

Gideon's release is one of the reason's I'm holding back on gearing. I'm wondering whether I should prioritize Veers, Stark and Piett before some of the Sith like Palpatine, Dooku and Marauder.

I also have Shore, Death and Snow at G12, so waiting to see whether Gideon makes them punch above their weight with Veers mixed in.

Also, get the sense that something big is coming. But who knows...

Themistocles and Skywlkr76 like this.
  18. Skywlkr76

Skywlkr76 Active Member

GAS - 25/85
    Greef - 48/65
    Vet Chewie - 38/85
    Cara - 38/85

Rebel Y-Wing - 47/65
    Malevolence - 65/145

JKL Farm
    I have the left side of Wampa done, along with the finisher on the right side. I just need 50 of the MK 8 Nubian Security Scanner salvage to finish him off to G13.

GAS Farm
    I decided to give the GAS event another try the other day. I guess it was my lucky day, because I managed to finally beat the event and get him unlocked. Now begins the slow march to gear him and farm those last 2 stars. At least I'm finally finished farming Wampa.

I don't know if I mentioned it the other day, but I did take Thrawn to R3, that's seems to be my default base level for G13 toons. While I was looking through my roster the other day, I noticed that I had somehow managed to get all the pieces for Raid Han's finisher collected. I've got him up to R2 and I'll finish pushing him to R3 this weekend.

19. Electricboa

And back to JML. I took R2 to R6, since I had enough salvage for it. That’s very much a longer-term thing. My guess is I’m probably going to need to spend crystals on gear to convert for the last relic level. Then same thing for JTR. Not really going to consider it until I have Mothma and Backpack Chewie done, though.

I finished Old Ben, so he’s R5 now with both zetas. It is nice to have another Jedi to play with for GAC. Plus, I know he’s used with JKR for a Kylo counter. I’m not sure if I’d need to relic Bastila, but I have everyone else for that team done. Then again, CLS is supposed to eb a counter for Kylo now, too. That is good because Kylo is always the team I have the most stress about in GAC.

I also finished off Leia and did her zeta. I didn’t have to, but I had the gear so I figured I might as well. I’m coming into the final stretch, but I’m not able to do Mothma and Backpack Chewie until they’re 7 stars. I still need to relic Lando the rest of the way, but he’ll get there. That means Chewie, Mothma, and JTR are the only characters left that I need to put actual gear on. Speaking of which:

Mothma – 18/100
    Backpack Chewie – 67/85​

I do eventually want to do Gideon, but can’t see much point when he’ll be stuck at G11. My guess is I’ll be all done with JML’s requirements before Gideon is farmable. I might also bump JKR to R5. He’s only R2 right now. Really, I might take Bastila to G13 anyway for that JML cancer team with Wat. I am pretty fond of JKR on offense in GAC

20. Dagor

Dagor Well-Known Member

The Mando done
    Cara 66/100
    Threepio & Chewie 58/100
    Mon Mothma 8/100
    KAM 20/65

Imperial TIE Bomber 93/100

JML Gearing:
    Old Ben r5/r5

JTR r7/r7
    C3PO r5/r5

Mon Mothma g11/r5
    Threepio g11/r5
    JKL r7/r7
    R2D2 r7/r7
    Han Solo r6/r6
    Chewbacca r6/r6
    Rebel Y-wing 7*/6*

Princess Leia r3/r3
    Hermit Yoda r5/r5
    Wedge r3/r3
    Biggs r3/r3
    Lando r5/r5

Getting ever closer on these last two farms for JML. Both are 6* now. Less than 50 shards to go on Threepio. I've been doing three refreshes on them the past week or so and I'll likely continue that pace since I still end up with a net gain on crystals while doing so. They are both ready to push to G12 immediately after getting to 7* and I've got most of the gear saved up. I have all the kyros farmed for both finishers and just need to finish up one more Furnace to get it all done. Maybe I'll get lucky on a sith raid here in the next week or so. I'm guessing that I'll have Threepio at 7* by next week and hopefully Mothma the week after that, but no later than xmas. Then it's back to ticket farming for 3 weeks or so to get JML unlocked and ultimate done.

In the meantime, I finished off Mando's farm and went ahead and pushed him the last little bit to G12 where I'll leave him for now. I did give him his zetas since I had stockpiled up the 6 I needed for JML and have plenty of time to replenish. I keep getting tempted to do the same for Greef since I have the gear farmed because he needs the same two pieces that Threepio needs, but I've held off thus far. Mostly because Threepio is so close to being done with shards.