1. We're looking for active, experienced players to help contribute and grow this site.

If your interested, PM NeoCHI.

A Good Day/Week

Discussion in 'Rants and Accomplishments' started by AhnNu Rie, Jan 26, 2018.

1. Marc Tessier

Marc Tessier Well-Known Member

You kicked ass on all those farms. Impressive.

2. Electricboa

Electricboa Moderator Staff Member

I more or less did 3 refreshes a day since they became farmable and didn't have anything else to do at the time. Part of me is tempted to start on Backpack Chewie just to do him--at least the free attempts.

3. Dagor

Dagor Active Member

I did the same thing brother! And had the same experience in Geo TB with him. Ultimately, it's not like that gear is wasted. You just start a new round of hoarding for whatever they drop on us next and when you circle back to JKL, you're that much closer with the added benefit that you'll be able to utilize him until that point too.

4. Stormlink15

Stormlink15 Member

Farming

JKA ship 69/85
    Shaak Ti 73/85
    B1 19/30

Jango 82/65
    HT 54/65
    Droideka 33/25
    Xanadu Blood 41/30

SET 31/65

Since I don't have self-control, I took GBA up to G13 last week instead of saving up the gear.
    I got Zaalbar to G10 and Mission to 11 and completed Malak's lightside first try. I used R4 JKR, R3 Jolee, G12 +3 Bastila, and then Mission and Z. I took him to G7 with what I had and gave him his Gnawing Terror zeta. He's going to be my gearing priority, but I'm not going to spend a lot of crystals because I still need a huge amount of GET1, over 20,000 more. I'm just trying to hoard crystals and gear so I can get Malak to G13 when I eventually 7 star him, probably a few months from now.

Marc Tessier likes this.
  5. Marc Tessier

Nothing wrong with that since GBA is essentially 2 characters in one and the bug that puts the sting in the Geonosians.

Stormlink15 likes this.
  6. Marc Tessier

Greef - 70/100
    Mando - 80/85
    Backpack Chewie - 12/65

Rebel Y-Wing - 26/100

I suspended the Hux and Cara farms to focus on Backpack Chewie. Will do 15 sims a day on him. Nearing the finish line on Greef, which is nice, and once he's done I'll cut back to 5 sims a day on that node to finish the Y-Wing farm.

I also invested crystals in electrium conductors and the rare blue signal data this week to max out R2D2 to relic 7. So, I've finished 8 of the 10 announced requirements for GL Master Luke. Gear wise, I could take Backpack Chewie to G11, but figure it's best to see the final group of requirements. Also, need to replenish all 3 types of signal data after using it all on R2.

And I plan to complete the Mando farm since he will be needed at some point for a new version of his character.

7. Themistocles

Themistocles Active Member

I normally do this on Sunday but I gotta rant. This should have been the greatest day so far in my SWGOH journey. I've been working for this one moment ever since Boa helped me make a roadmap for the year. I 7 starred Carth, got him to G12. 7 starred Juhani. Unlocked DR, immediately G12'd him. I then should have unlocked Malak today.

But right now I'm stuck behind a freaking bugged LS event that apparently has been bugged for a month or more, where the damn droids won't respawn and I can't keep rage stacks off Malak when they stop coming.

So much for hoarding gear and zetas. What a disappointment. Now I've got 3/5ths of a sith empire team.

Thanks CG.

8. Themistocles

AFTER GOD MODDING MISSION AND ZAALBAR TO THE NINES, LS MALAK IS DOWN.

F-U CG. FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF. YOUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU.

<Double middle fingers at CG>

9. Themistocles

Got him. What a relief.

10. Themistocles

Me:
    Ships -
    Y-Wing is 50+/100
    Spy is being slowly levelled and ability'd up. I figure since my Geo squad are rapidly climbing up in gear (everybody at G11/10 except for Sun Fac still at G8), my Geo Trio ships might make a useful defense fleet in GAC.

Characters -
    Uh the big guy is done (at least big for me). Malak is R7, and Fallen B got the leftovers and moved up to R5 (where she'll stay). Hell I had enough leftover from my hoard and had enough to go 3/6 G12+ pieces on DR, including the finisher. Getting DR to R5 and leaving him there is the next priority.

Man I need a pre-taunt on KRU and Malak's Jaws of Life zeta. Took the group against a relic'd JKR squad and got my behind kicked.

Gearwise Geos are the focus after I finish DR's R5, and Sun Fac is lagging behind so I need to spruce him up bad.

Current farms:
    Shoretrooper 66/85 (for my mini Palp squad touch up project after I'm done with Geos at G12)
    Wicket 11/25 (the long road to C3PO begins)
    Oh and I got Logray to 7 star, so thank goodness that long grind is over

EDIT: This past week, unfortunately I ran into my first ever encounter with a GAC cheater. I know he cheated because his roster just didn't have all that much in it, and although it is possible he could have beat my defense, he would have definitely given up banners to me. A score of 1560 in defeating my defense would have been realistic. He scored a 1587. Doing the math, he had to get 76+ in the fleet battle while scoring an average of 62 to 63 in all the character battles. There's simply no way. He wasn't even modded that well.

I let his 2 opponents know in each round, and sure enough he cheated on those battles too and eventually won the group 3-0 and got Kyber.

Reported to CG, but whether or not they do anything about it? Shrug. Thankfully I made Kyber in the last battle.

Kids:
    One reached level 80 and we got our first character at G10. The other got the 5th DS ship and immediately got Executrix up to 5 stars. Now we just need Slave 1 to level up, and we'll have our first kid with the zeta challenge unlocked.

Last edited: Sep 21, 2020
    Stormlink15 and Marc Tessier like this.
  11. Marc Tessier

Of all the legendary, hero's journey and epic confrontation events, Malak's was, for me at least, the toughest. I did it on its second run, but I didn't complete it until the final day after dozens of attempts. What made it so time consuming was that you wouldn't know your attempt was doomed to fail until after a fairly long time of playing. I was at the point where I legitimately thought I wasn't going to unlock him, which would've killed me in arena. When RNG finally went my way, there was no joy in the accomplishment, just relief.

Rey's GL event was extremely tedious, but the fear of not activating her didn't exist since the event is continuously available providing you have the tickets for the next battle.

@Electricboa can recount some stories of going to hell and back to unlock some of these big event characters on the first run after barely meeting the requirements.

Themistocles likes this.
  12. Electricboa

Oh, the pain of doing a new event. Funny enough, Malak wasn’t all that difficult for me. My mods probably played a big role in that. Of course, there was no glitch at the time. The two hardest for me were Padme and GAS. Padme was difficult because the first time she came out, none of the Separatists had reworks so it was horrible pretty much relying on Dooku and Grievous to do all the work. GAS was just all-around bad. Pure RNG. The second tier where Padme gets used wasn’t too bad—I actually did it with a G11 Shaak Ti, but the last tier was a nightmare. I forget what I had, but it was just barely the minimum and I kept doing it over and over. There was something around a couple hours left in the event when I got it. And the most frustrating part was I had all my 501st Clones at R7 so if I didn’t get it, I would have wasted all that gear until the return of the event.

The main issue with Kylo or Rey is wasting the tickets. I hated the rock/paper/scissors part because of the RNG. The battles themselves weren’t too bad. Once I got the rhythm, it was just like Marc said—tedious.

13. Electricboa

With the last batch of requirements, we are now in the home stretch. I got Sidious to R7. With just shy of 80k health and 115% potency, he ends up with close to 212k health when all is said and done. Does that matter? Not really, but he’s a decent punching bag in a Traya team.

My Thrawn was already R3, so I just have to farm the relic mats to finish him. I’m actually pretty happy he was required. R6 is unfortunate, but one less character to take to G13. Already have JKA at R7, so that’s a freebie.

The other three I already had at G12, so it’s only a matter of getting them to G13. I decided to do Tarkin first and all that’s left on him is the finisher. I will probably give him the leadership zeta, even though I don’t really use Tarkin as a leader. At least it will help his capital ship. It does occur to me that both the Empire capital ship characters are needed. Which might come in handy now that GAC is requiring two fleets.

I’m also eyeing Starck’s zeta. With Veers, Starck, and Piett, that’s most of a solid Imperial Trooper team. I also have Shoretrooper, Death Trooper, Snow Trooper, and Range Trooper at G12. I’m not too keen on taking any of them to G13, but maybe with the other three I might not need to G13 to be able to make use of them in GAC?

I finished farming Cara. I did dip my toe in for some Backpack Chewie shards, but I’ll be farming gear now that I know the last requirements.

All in all, I’m not doing too bad. Piett is really going to be the determining factor in when I actually get GL Palpatine. But that’s not really a bad thing. It is going to take me time to gear up the other requirements and have Piett’s gear ready. Then, I actually have to farm gear for Palpatine himself.

14. Marc Tessier

Of the final 5 requirements for GL Master Luke:

1. Finished Hoda today after seeing the announcement. He went from R3 to R5, so that wasn't painful.
    2. Lando is still at R3, but will likely take just a day or two to farm the signal data he needs to hit R5.
    3. Promoted Leia from G11 to G13. No relics yet, so she'll come after Lando.
    4. Wedge got bumped from G11 to G12.
    5. Biggs didn't get any gear today, but he's already G12.5. The finisher is ready, but I'll wait until the G12+ pieces are complete. He'll get promoted to G13 before Wedge.

Backpack Chewie and MM will keep me from finishing in a hurry, but that was always going to be the case once they were announced. The 800 kryos needed between them don't help.

All in all, it's hard to complain with 9 of 15 requirements completely finished and only 4 characters left to relic, none of which are needed at R6-R7. Guess we dodged a bullet there.

Skywlkr76 likes this.
  15. Skywlkr76

Skywlkr76 Active Member

Mando - 0/100
    Captain Han - 96/100
    Wampa - 65/85

IG-2000 - 21/100

I pushed Greef to G11, Wampa to G8, and I have almost everything I need to push Lando to G13 before CG dropped the bomb yesterday that made me pause all farming for JKL. Currently, my GP is 3.69 and I'm in Div 3 in GAC. Div 3 caps out at 3.79. I knew I'd have to have some more squads ready since all these relics would end up pushing me eventually into Div 2, but I wasn't expecting to have to field two additions fleets on top of it. I feel like at this point, I need to stop farming JKL and start getting prepared, before I push myself into Div 2 and I get stuck with not enough ships farmed to fill out 4 fleets. So my plan is, I'll finish off Captain Han, since I only need 4 more shards, and I'll probably keep working on Wampa to at least get him to 7*s and maybe go ahead and bump him to G11, and then start working on building up ships. Then, once I feel like I can at least field 4 fleets (2 of them just need to take up space on defense) then I can swing back around to working on JKL again.

16. Marc Tessier

Greef - finished
    Mando - 21/100
    Backpack Chewie - 41/65
    MM - 9/30

Rebel Y-Wing - 51/100

GL Master Luke:
    Just a quick update from yesterday. Lando got bumped to R4 today, so will probably finish him tomorrow. That will pretty much deplete my signal data once again.
    Also gave Biggs his finisher and one G12+ piece. He now just needs a G12+ piece to make the jump into relics. Decided to do his relic levels before Leia once I have the signal data. Boosting his ship may help somewhat in GAC with the extra fleet requirements.
    Wedge needs 5 pieces to reach G13. This will take some time.
    And Backpack Chewie is now G9. I gave him all his MK3 holo projectors to make it easier to figure out how many I'd have left (34).

As it stands, I need 900 kryo pieces (500 shock prods and 400 battle computers) to finish the remaining characters. I currently have 187 shock prods and 133 battle computers (320 total). So quite a grind remaining on that front.

I was thinking I can speed up or slow down the MM and Backpack Chewie farms down the road depending on how the gear situation looks.

17. Themistocles

Me
    Ships:
    Y Wing is 84/100 and inching oh so close to when I can finally pivot off the Greef/Y node and start farming JKA's starfighter. Although I'm certainly not complaining about the leftover Greef shards getting turned into gear.

Geo Spy is the current ship being slowly levelled and upgraded.

Characters and Gear:
    Darth Revan got his G13 and went straight to R5, so for now that ends my G13 gearing for the foreseeable future. I don't think I'll be G13ing anybody else until it gets time to getting my Padme team GAS-ready, at which point I would imagine GK and Ahsoka being my first LS relic targets.

DR and Fallen B are still zetaless, which makes me feel weird sitting at rank 67 with all these fully decked out DR squads sitting all around me, but oh well.

My boy Greef is now 7 stars, and immediately bumped up to G12. I had been able to clear the Rebel assault battle at Challenge Tier 1 before with a 7 star Cad Bane, but G12 7 star Greef made this a trivial battle for my all G12 BHs. I can't wait to put the zeta on his cleanse.

Shoretrooper (2/100) and Wicket (14/30) are the current hard node farming targets, while Sith Empire Trooper (2/30) is my cantina farm of the moment.

Geos have now been all pushed up to G11. I intend to keep Sun Fac at G11, he's been painful to gear as it is. I'm definitely pulling GBA and Spy up to G12 and I'm 4/6 and 3/6 respectively on them. I'm tempted to go after Poggle and Geo Soldier's G12 as they seem like relatively non-painful pieces, but I'm also tempted to start my Empire squad touchup (which consists of a G11 Shoretrooper and a No Escape zeta on Darth Vader). I'm honestly a little torn as to when to stop gearing Geos at my GAC level.

Kids
    We're approaching the first few Geo ships to be 7 starred. Most are in stages of being 80/100 or 90/100 til 7 star. The holding block on beating the zeta challenge continues to be Slave 1, which is somewhere around 20/65 or 30/65 for both accounts.

Both kids have Nute Gunray's lead omega'd which makes a huge difference on ease of clearing Galactic War. Still running into the odd roadblock with a zeta'd Bastila lead or a Mother Talzin NS lead which kills off Galactic War. Both accounts are at 80 and both kids are looking hungrily at GBA's cantina node. We can't wait til he's unlocked! Both kids are now farming the stun guns needed for GBA as their current gearing challenge. All Geos are now sitting at G10.

EDIT: It pains me as a massive Star Wars nerd, that it better fits my roster to have Darth Revan be at Relics (and he has the better squad), than my JKR. I loved loved loved KOTOR growing up, and the story of THE Prodigal Knight in my opinion is one of the best in all of Star Wars. If anything, it should be JKR who should be "necessary" at Relics and not DR. Sigh, rant over.

Last edited: Sep 29, 2020
  18. Dagor

Dagor Active Member

Greef 56/100
    The Mando 2/100
    Cara 60/85
    Admiral Piett 60/85
    Threepio & Chewie 35/65

Emperor's Shuttle 92/100
    B-28 Completed
    Rebel Y-Wing 39/100
    Imperial TIE Bomber 60/85

Been a couple of weeks since I've updated. Piett shards have been slow to appear in the store, but I've been able to almost push him to 6* already. I should have TIE Bomber done (at least to 6* for SEE) here in a week or so. For gearing, I have only Veers, Starck, and Tarkin left to gear (and Piett who is at G10 right now of course). All three are at various stages of G12. I'm working on Tarkin's last two pieces now, then I'll do Veers who needs 4 pieces, then Starck who needs 5 still. Everyone else is done at this point. Thrawn was already r5, so I gave him one more relic level to finish him off. I've been farming relic mats so that I have all the mats saved up to immediately push the remaining four guys to r3 to qualify for event ticket farming.

I'm also hoping to be able to start throwing some extra gear at JKL here soon. He's sitting at G12+3 and has been doing work for me in LSTB already. I haven't used him in my Rey arena team yet, but I imagine he'd do fine on offense. My Mando characters are coming along nicely as well. Should be done with Greef and Mando in a couple of weeks, Cara will take a bit longer since I'm not always doing her nodes since I'm farming gear with that energy a lot.

Marc Tessier and Themistocles like this.
  19. Stormlink15

Stormlink15 Member

I'm in the same boat that Themistocles was in. Should I go for GAS or SEE? If some of the vets could take a look at my roster and give me a professional opinion that would be awesome. If I go for GAS, I really just have to work with the Dark Side. My light side is all done minus Shaak Ti. On the Dark Side I have B1 at 4 star I believe and Droideka at 3. Those are the only 3 I need to farm for the event. Gearing is a different matter. All of my droids are at Gear 1.
    If I go for SEE, I have more farming ahead. I have Krennic only at 25/50, 3 star Piett, Dooku almost 6 star, Marauder at 3 I think. Starck and Veers still need to be farmed, same with Royal Guard.

If I go for SEE, I have to do a lot more, but will it be worth it more than GAS will? Or do I work on GAS and as I gear up droids, I start farming shards for SEE? I'm not really sure which way to go.

20. Dagor

Dagor Active Member

Looking at SEE requirements, I don't see that you have Starck, Krennic, or Piett unlocked (you may have enough shards to activate and haven't yet though), Veers is at 3*, Royal Guard is 4*. You have Vader at r4 and Palp at r3, so those are decently progressed for SEE. Thrawn would be done since he's at r7. JKA looks close at r5. Sith Marauder is only 2*, Dooku only 5*. You have Sidious, Tarkin, and Maul at 7* but Sidious and Maul need a LOT of gear. TIE bomber is reasonably close at 4*.

I would think you're much closer to GAS. You are almost done with Shaak Ti for the GR portion. The separatist portion is rough, you still need to farm and gear Droideka and B-1 and need to gear both Magna and b2, but that's far less work than what you have to do for SEE at this point.

The whole idea of skipping ahead to SEE is that if you're reasonably close, you hope that by getting SEE, you'll be able to jump quite a bit ahead in your arena standings to generate more "free" crystals each day, which will in turn accelerate your progress on the rest of your roster. In your case, you're quite a ways away from being ready for SEE, so it doesn't make much sense to shift gears right now unless you plan on spending a bunch of cash. GAS will still result in you doing better in Arena that you are currently and you're MUCH closer to him.

Last edited: Oct 1, 2020