1. We're looking for active, experienced players to help contribute and grow this site.

If your interested, PM NeoCHI.

A Good Day/Week

Discussion in 'Rants and Accomplishments' started by AhnNu Rie, Jan 26, 2018.

1. Electricboa

Electricboa Moderator Staff Member

Eh, I ended up in Malachor (which is likely to name change to Kashyyyk). Most of the active people from Jedha got moved over, too, so I’m probably going to stay here.

2. Dagor

Dagor Active Member

Yeah I know, I tried to make them send you to us but they nixed that idea

3. Electricboa

From what it sounded like, they were purposely trying to take the 25 most active from Jedha and Malachor and put them in one guild and everyone else in the other. I think the idea was to make a more competitive guild and a more laid back one. And it was planned out in advance. They had contacted those of us who they wanted to move a week before they posted the Survey.

4. Marc Tessier

Marc Tessier Well-Known Member

I think he's allergic to Ewoks. ;)

Dagor and Skywlkr76 like this.
  5. Dagor

Dagor Active Member

Yeah I was privy to the whole discussion since I'm part of RF leadership. I still tried to poach ya. lol

6. Skywlkr76

Skywlkr76 Active Member

ARC - done
    Droideka - 17/100
    Sion - 64/100
    Lando - 29/65

GR Y-Wing - 69/100
    Negotiator - 90/100

I finally finished off ARC, and took him straight to G12. I have the gear ready to do the same for Drodeka, but I swear I don't think that farm will ever end. Since I don't have a pressing need for a ship node farm, I'm taking the opportunity to finally get around to finishing Sion off. Same with Lando, I don't really have a pressing need for a cantina node at the moment.

For the first time ever, I'm actually excited about LSGeoTB, mainly because I'll get the last of the GETII I need to finally finish off the Negotiator. I think when I finish it, I'm going to take a little break and finish off IPD (since I'll probably never run a Hoth TB again) before I move on to the Malevolence.

Other than that, I'm taking some time to gear up some toons that I've always said I'd roll back around to along with slowly gearing up Mando and Greef. I'm mainly waiting on the RA to see what's coming and waiting for some YT videos of JKL in action before I decide which path to take in regards to my GET1 farm. JKL is one of those toons that I've waited forever to come to the game, but due to his kit, I'm not 100% sold on if he's worth it right now.

Marc Tessier and Themistocles like this.
  7. Themistocles

Themistocles Member

Ships
    Big one - Hound's Tooth to 7 star!
    Wedge X Wing to 6 star
    Tie Advanced to 89/100, and I will stop when he gets to 90+ because as soon as I get my Han Solo 7 star (which is in ~3 weeks at the current pace of raiding), I will naturally pick up 7 star Tie Advanced.

Characters and Gear
    The Revan G12 hoarding continues, and I'm at about 33% of the way there in terms of collecting the gear I need.

Jolee is almost at 6 star, at 71/85. Mission hit 6 star, now I'm back to farming T3. Zaalbar is the laggard at 30ish/85.

Finally unlocked HK47, my first step upon the Darth Revan journey.

Misc: Logray hit 4 star, with my random guild store farming.

AhnNu Rie, Skywlkr76 and Marc Tessier like this.
  8. Marc Tessier

Rey - 75/330

For those who haven't reached the GL event, this is how the first three stages work:

Stage 1 - requires 15 tickets per battle, reward is 10 shards, need to win 8 times to receive max shards
    Stage 2 - requires 30 tickets per battle, reward is 25 shards, need to win 4 times to receive max shards
    Stage 3 - requires 60 tickets per battle, reward is 50 shards, need to win 3 times to receive max shards

I've completed stage 1 five times and stage 2 once. It's tedious farming the tickets, but ultimately for a player like me probably not too big of a deal since Rey needs so many stun guns and kryos that I won't have everything ready when I do unlock her. It looks like I will be able to get g9 at unlock, perhaps g10. Then the kryos and stun guns will hold me back.

9. Dagor

Dagor Active Member

When i did rey, i worked my way down from stage 3,2,1. Of course you have to do each one once to unlock the next, but i found that doing it that way made it feel like my progress accelerated each day instead of slowing down. The same 60 tickets that did stage three once per day we’ll do stage two twice per day and stage one four times per day.

after you unlock rey or kylo, the last three stages all cost 70 tickets. Stage four and five you do once each for a title and a portrait respectively. Stage six you earn one token towards unlocking the ultimate ability each time you do it. You need ten tokens to unlock the ultimate. You only get the tokens for the first ten times you win the event stage. They are not locked to the character though, so technically you could do the rey version of stage six 10 times and use those tokens to unlock kylo’s ultimate if you wanted. You would still need to do kylos stage six to get the other ten tokens you would need for Rey’s ultimate of course, but Rey’s event is much easier, so some people did it that way if they had the chance

10. Marc Tessier

Yeah, I see how that would make it "seem" quicker as you go along, but it's all based on the tickets. It works out the same regardless of which order you do the stages.

As it stands, I only have 217 carbanti, 138 stun guns, 146 kryo shock prods and 89 kryo battle computers, so I'm going to smash into a gear road block soon after unlocking Rey.

11. Skywlkr76

Skywlkr76 Active Member

Droideka - 27/100
    Lando - 13/85
    Sion - 76/100

GR Y-Wing - 85/100
    Xanadu Blood - 24/100
    Negotiator - done

Like everyone else, I went ahead and gave Vader his new zeta, I was lucky enough that I saw the announcement about his rework before I joined GAC, so I was able to use him with his new ability there. I gotta admit, I'm really liking Vader being the bad ass we always new he was. I did go ahead an push him up to G13, and I'm debating on giving him his leadership zeta.

I think I've made up my mind to work towards getting JKL. To that end, I've decided to work on gearing Wedge up first, since from what I've seen, I really only need him at G12. After that, I'll decide on who to work on next. I think what I'm going to do is get everyone that needs it up to G13, and hopefully by that time I'll have finished farming Lando and CHS, so I can just focus on relic farming with my cantina energy. I'd really love to be ready for the next time the event rolls around, but I probably won't be. Since I've never farmed Wampa, he's going to be the bottleneck in this project. I should also unlock Wat pretty soon, so I'll be trying to gear him up in the middle of all of this.

Marc Tessier and AhnNu Rie like this.
  12. Themistocles

Themistocles Member

Let's get me out of the way first:

Ships
    I know I said I'd wait for Tie Fighter Advanced's 7 stars via Han Solo raiding, but RNGesus put it in the fleet store twice in a row, so I was like, "Whatevs, I'll get it over with."
    Wedge X Wing is 4 shards away from 7 star
    The two characters of Mace Windu and Ackbar were 7 starred, in support of their capital ships which remain at 6. Got my first 15 shards of Endurance the other day, so GAS here I come!

Characters and Gear
    Jolee to 6 star, T3M4 to 7 star. Zaalbar is 4 shards away from 6 star, so I'll be unlocking Tier 6 of JKR either tomorrow or the next day.
    JKR gear hoarding is complete. It feels great to know that JKR will step into fresh G12 gear. Zetas on the other hand...I could save 3 zetas for JKR...but my God do I want Merciless Massacre. I think that means that JKR will have 2...possibly 1 zetas at the start, which oh well.

I'm pushing Vader up to G11 this week, where I will hold at that G level until after Malak. This will put my Empire squad around G11, G10.5 for the most part and give me a more surefire attack squad for my GP level in GAC.

Mission to G8, since I had the spare gear, and I know I need to push her up eventually. Mando pushed to G8, and that was a bit of a mistake. I thought he might help me pick off a low gear bug squad in Squad Arena, but he's so damn squishy (even under Bossk lead and a couple health mod sets) that I can't get a Disintegrate out.

Misc: Old Daka to 7 star, Fives to 6 star. Gonna be running out of interesting Cantina Battles characters soon.

Now on to the good stuff. I finally gave SWGOH accounts to my 8 year old and my 6 year old. We are on Day 3 and they are at player level 35. Since they're Star Wars junkies like their old man, they are enthralled. Watching the early game through their eyes is amazing. Level 3 Light Side and Dark Side campaign battles are tactical affairs, each button press to be pondered over. My kids roar along with Clone Wars Chewbacca's taunt. Talia's dancing hit has them cackling with glee. Squad Arena battles against the likes of Clone Trooper Sargent and Ewok Scout are white knuckle affairs. They are counting down the shards until they unlock 2 star Ahsoka and 4 star Count Dooku.

This is so fun to watch! Also, they are disciplined and can already recite the heart the characters they are gunning for in their early stage progression (we are following the Separatist FTP route, and will be prioritizing Geo ships...basically all the things I would have done if I had started in their position).

AhnNu Rie, Skywlkr76 and Marc Tessier like this.
  13. Marc Tessier

Very cool!

My wife would go ballistic if I had my kids playing SWGoH.

I've been doing the GL Rey events with my son, who's 11. We both agree that the background for tier 3 looks pretty damn sweet.

AhnNu Rie likes this.
  14. Dagor

Dagor Active Member

Ironically, we're currently discussing taking Jakku, Endor, and Yavin and creating two new guilds out of the three. Several of us officers are running a few alts to keep the guilds at 50 and recruiting has stagnated, so we're looking at cutting out the alts and trimming the fat so to speak to get essentially a 100 person mega guild where players can freely move between the two guilds based on raid times and friends. All of us in a single discord guild channel. It'll be an interesting experiment. For Endor, we're kind of in a weird situation. We feel like we're really only maybe 10-12 players away from a REALLY solid group and our leadership is very strong, so it's a bit bittersweet for us. One of the other guilds has kind of overbearing leadership and the other has weak leadership, so we're kind of the sweet spot in the middle.

As for roster progression, I worked on JKL projects over the past few weeks. I knew I wasn't going to get it completely done in time to make it this first go around without spending a significant amount of cash, so I just made a priority list and have been working on it. All the of the required characters are G12+ now. I had CLS and Chewie done long ago, and I pushed Wampa, Vader, and Hermit Yoda up to G13r3 to date. C-3PO is just waiting on a completed finisher. I have most of the right half pieces done for the last three (Capt Han, ROLO, and Lando). Just need a furnace for Lando. I'm missing the left half pieces mostly though, so those are what I'm working on.

Otherwise, I'm currently working on finishing up Kylo's ultimate. I'm at 6/10 so I'm hoping to be done by the end of the week maybe. I'm really hoping to be done with that and all the JKL gearing done before we start seeing Mando and BH characters that were released recently go to hard nodes.

Themistocles likes this.
  15. Marc Tessier

Does your alliance have a starter guild?

My neighbor is a game designer and has been playing SWGoH. He's really hooked on it now and finds the strategy and combat really interesting. He's studying and learning how the game works to see what ideas he can take forward. He reached level 85 in the last few weeks and is around 450k GP. He's in a guild right now, but mentioned that maybe only 5-10 players are really active. Thus he's missing out on some of the best guild content and rewards. I'd like to help find a suitable guild for him so he gets the most out of the game.

His ally code is 472-695-386.

16. Dagor

Dagor Active Member

We don't really have anything for players under around 3m gp. We've got an alt guild or two that have low GP players, but it would be about as helpful for him as the guild he's in now because those accounts really only maybe get their 600 tickets and that's about it. It's not really an active community. I would recommend joining one of the recruiting discord servers or facebook groups and just post that he's looking for a more active guild. Guilds in his GP range will scoop up active players for sure. He'll get a bite quickly.

Marc Tessier likes this.
  17. Electricboa

There are that many alts? I don’t know. I could see it working with two guilds, but three to start? That could have issues, especially with such different leadership.

18. Dagor

Dagor Active Member

We'll see how things work out. We sent out a survey yesterday to gather some info on those that are ready to retire or go more casual so we can start looking at real numbers

19. Stormlink15

Stormlink15 Member

Been a while since I posted

JKA starfighter 10/65 along with relic 5 JKA
    Bastila Fallen 4/100
    Carth 15/100
    Canderous 4/100
    Juhani 54/65

I took Bastila to G11, Juhani and Canderous to 8, HK and Carth to 9, and I'm starting to gear up Zaalbar and Mission higher, maybe to G11 to start for when I can unlock Malak. Other than that, not much going on, besides being able to take 3PO to G12, and with my left over energy, I'm starting to farm Nihilus and Sion. Nihilus is 35/100, and Sion is 18/30.

Themistocles, Marc Tessier and Dagor like this.
  20. Marc Tessier

Rey - 260/330

Almost there!

Still scurrying around the various shops trying to scrounge up as many stun guns and kryo battle computers as possible. I have 244/400 battle computers and 312/400 stun guns at the moment to go along with 284/300 kryo shock prods. I will be buying another 50 battle computer salvage after today's payout, which means I should be able to get Rey to G12 once she's unlocked.

It looks like activation day will be Monday, but if the drops for the GL tickets turn sour it may get pushed back to Tuesday. So there is some light ahead at the end of the tunnel.

Last edited: Jul 3, 2020 at 2:12 AM
    Stormlink15 and Skywlkr76 like this.