1. We're looking for active, experienced players to help contribute and grow this site.

If your interested, PM NeoCHI.

A Good Day/Week

Discussion in 'Rants and Accomplishments' started by AhnNu Rie, Jan 26, 2018.

1. Electricboa

Electricboa Moderator Staff Member

You could try leaving ARC there. I’ve heard that paper ARC is a thing. You keep ARC low gear and he’ll die off almost immediately to the AOEs from the opponent’s Echo or GAS. Then Five sacrifices himself right away. Everyone is at full or close to full health and protection, so you get the maximum benefit of Fives. Supposedly, it’s not easy to fight on mirror matches because it’s so easy to kill off ARC. My ARC was already G13 by the time I heard about it.

2. Skywlkr76

Skywlkr76 Active Member

Sion - 14/85
    Magnaguard - 1/100
    FOX - 24/100
    B1 - 10/30

HT - 93/100
    Sun Fac - done
    Negotiator - 50/85

I know there's no real reason to keep farming FOX, I just hate the thought of him being almost done. Hopefully, I'll finish him off pretty soon, and the HT (the drops for it just suck sometimes) and then I can get on with farming Magna on both his hard node and in the cantina.

As far as gearing goes, I'm one piece away from having both Magna and GG to G10. I honestly didn't realize what gear hogs these two were before I got started.

3. Marc Tessier

Marc Tessier Well-Known Member

Congrats on your R7 GSky. Enjoy the smooth arena climbs.

4. Marc Tessier

FOX will probably be a requirement for GL Kylo, so even though it may not be a high priority right now, finishing his shards won't hurt you.

All the Separatist Droids are gear hogs.

5. Dagor

Dagor Active Member

General Skywalker completed

B-28 42/100
    Emperor's Shuttle 64/85
    Hyena 42/85
    Vulture Droid 41/85

The guild doing LS Hoth enabled us, as a guild, to complete 10 new 7* GAS's including mine. Many of us had geared saved up for immediate G13 and some level of Relic progression. In my case, I had mats saved up to R7 him right away. I had already pushed my clones up to G13 and R5+, so I was able to switch over in arena right away. I did have to do a massive re-mod but it was kind of overdue since I hadn't optimized mods on my GG, Geos, Padme, or GAS teams. But the results have been much better now that all of those teams have appropriate mods.

For the 501st team, I've now got GAS, 5's, and ARC at R7. Echo and Rex are at R5. I'm working on Echo at the moment to get him to R7, but it's not a super high priority. I think I'm more or less happy with where that team is Relic-wise.

At this point, I'm kind of just hoarding gear while we wait to see what is required for the Galactic Legends 'quests'. I pushed JTR up to G13R4 since we know she'll be needed and she's not a bad one to have at G13 anyway. I already have BB-8 and R2D2 at R4 as well. Beyond those though, my Resistance isn't 'great'. I've got old Poe at G12.3, old Finn and Resistance Trooper at G12.2. Resistance Pilot is G12 for some reason. Don't remember why I geared him that high, maybe for fleet? Stick Rey is G11 but still needs 5 pieces to go to G12. The two new guys are at G9, I can push new Poe to G10 now if I want. Holdo and Rose are not anywhere close.

First Order is objectively in a better place. KRU is G13R4, Kylo and FOTP are G12.3, FOST and FOX are G12.2, FOO is G12.1, Hux is G12 (still 4* though), Phasma is G11. New FO Sith Trooper is only G8 though, as is FOSFTP.

We all know the new marquees are a virtual lock to being needed, but I'm wondering what else. With them being supposedly plug and play according to the most recent dev posts, I'm wondering if they will just throw some random toons in there like Darth Vader for Kylo or some version of Luke for Rey since there was some level of interaction or reference to them in the movies. But then where is their cash cow for doing so? Do they just rely on people spending to panic farm the marquee toons? Or do they throw a random character that the majority of the playerbase has ignored like FOSFTP or Rose to force people to farm and gear someone objectively useless.

Last edited: Jan 29, 2020
    Kevthejedi likes this.
  6. Marc Tessier

Actually, Resistance Pilot is a she, for what it's worth.

Congrats on your relic 7 General Skywalker. Are you going to hoard GET-1 or spend it on G12 gear in the chase for the new Rey and Kylo?

7. NoNames

NoNames Member

I deleted
    And am enjoying life
    Thanks for the mutual support folks

Marc Tessier and AhnNu Rie like this.
  8. Dagor

Dagor Active Member

I've been hoarding it for now. I'll store about 75k before I start using it for any gear. For the most part, I have the flexibility to farm plenty of gear with energy and can supplement with crystal purchases once in a while since I run a net-gain in daily crystal generation.

9. Marc Tessier

Wat Tambor - finished (will be nice to have those shards converted to shop currency going forward)
    GSky - 90/100 (Just waiting for the GET-1 tokens from the DS Geo TB to collect the final shards. Will push to R7 right away with all the 501st Clones at R5.)

Y-Wing - 24/30 (doing 10 sims/day)
    Hyena Bomber - 20/85 (also 10 sims/day)
    Malevolence - 80/145

Pushed all the Bugs up to G12 and cleared the Wat Special Mission fairly comfortably (only lost Spy in wave 4), and am thinking of taking GBA to G13 once GSky is completed. After that, I still have a few Separatists -- Dooku G11, Nute G10 and Wat G10 -- who need some love. All three have their zeta too. I'm considering working them up to G12 before really focusing on Resistance for GL Rey.

10. Skywlkr76

Skywlkr76 Active Member

FOX - done
    Sion - 29/85
    Magna - 20/100
    B1 - 28/30

HT - done
    Y-Wing - 3/65

I took Magna to G11, he only needs the one piece I can't give him yet to move to G12. Since I can't do anything else with him right now, I've started on B1. I've gotten him up to G9, just one piece left to go to get him to G10. I've gotten all of his abilities upgraded except for his zeta.

Speaking of zetas, which zetas for the droids are worth doing? I know that Magna's isn't, but what about B1, B2, and Droideka? I don't have a problem giving all three of them one, as long as it's worth it.

Also, for the GAS event, how high should I worry about gearing them? I was thinking of taking them to R3. Is that going to be high enough?

11. Electricboa

B1 is absolutely required. I’d say it’s the most important after Grievous’ unique. B2 is very useful. TM gain is very important for Sep Droids, and B2 gives 5% TM to everyone when he applies a debuff. Since he’s going to get triggered all the time, he’ll be giving out a lot of TM with his Zeta.

Droideka is on the fence for Zetas. The Zeta is very useful for GAS because of his assist attacks. Outside of the event, it’s good for TB or any time you’re going to use a pure Sep Droid team. But a lot of people like to throw in Wat or Nute, which makes the team harder to beat. Droideka is almost always the one that gets replaced. So its really going to depend on how you plan on using your Separatists. That being said, it can always got to a JTR team to help speed up BB-8 or even a Nute/Dooku side team

Magnagaurd’s Zeta is pretty much useless. You’ll rarely get to use it and Magnaguard’s whole point is to die and enrage Grievous.

As far as gear for GAS, B1 should be your G13 priority. The higher you go, the easier it will be for you. R3 is probably the minimum you want to go for, but if you can get R5 you won’t regret it. Ventress is probably the second most important to have at G13, probably R3. After that, you can pretty much get away with G12s. If you can get B2 to G13, it’ll be useful outside of the GAS event. He’s probably the most dangerous Sep Droid to ignore and if you get him to G13, he gets tanky.

Skywlkr76 likes this.
  12. Electricboa

Well, my main focus is now FO so that I can try to get the new Kylo. I’ve gotten KRU to G13 R6 and FOST to G13 R5.

A side note for anyone that gets a good amount of crystals from the arenas, there’s 15 Electrum Conductors in weekly shipments for 1,750 crystals. This is actually a good value (it’s the hardest one for me to get right now). If you buy full gear outright to convert, it costs 2,100 crystals for a full gear, which gives 9 ECs. That’s probably going to be the best spot to get that stuff, if you can afford to buy it outright.

I’m starting to remod KRU to give him more health. Its funny, protection was so good for so long, but once you thrown G13 and Mk 6 mods into it, health primaries are usually more valuable. FOO is G12, but has no gear on him. Those Athakam Medpacs are the big thing holding me back right now. I’ve got 50, but need something like 120 in total. I’ve temporarily stopped refreshing the Hyena and Y-Wing so I can finish farming the regular energy gear I need for FOO. I figure it’s worth the sacrifice.

Once I get my FO characters ready, I’m planning on hoarding a bit. My Resistance isn’t nearly as geared as my FO was. JTR and RT both are G12, but JTR only has the basic G12 stuff and RT has nothing. Finn is still G11. I’ve looked at the landscape and decided that I’m probably only going to go after one of the Galactic Legends at a time. I don’t know what other characters will be required, so trying to do both very likely could mean I just delay myself. So my hoarded gear will either go to new FO requirements or eventually to my Resistance team.

I would add that both the new Rey and Kylo now only have 13 character/ship requirements. FO only has 10 characters and 4 ships. Assuming Hux gets his capital ship and it is required, that’s 5 ships. Odds are, we’re going to need to gear most of the characters in a faction to get their Galactic Legend. That is what I was afraid of and that’s why I went with FO. I already had everyone other than Hux, FO Sith trooper. And SF FOTP at G12 already.

Resistance has a lot more characters to choose from, but I don’t have most of them geared. JTR, BB-8, C-3PO, R2, and RT are all G12. Scav Rey, Finn, and Poe are G11 and it goes rapidly downhill from there. With my luck, R2 and C-3PO won’t be needed. There are just too many characters I’d likely need to gear and most of those are trash. No one likes Rose or Res Pilot.

At least the FO characters are decent in their own right. I definitely wanted to gear up FO Sith Trooper for his anti-Geo use. Hux lost a lot of viability with his nerf, but will probably be very good with the new Kylo. I definitely don’t mind ending up with two FO teams.

On the farming front:

Hyena – 4/100
    Y-Wing – 22/30
    Wat – 1/100
    Malevolence – 15/145​

On the ships, I can get more Malevolence shards, but figured I could hold them until I have enough to unlock. I have been upgrading ships, though. I maxed out Vulture Droid and Hyena on their abilities. Reinforcements aren’t done, but they likely won’t be used as such. Also fully maxed my abilities and reinforcement on TIE Reaper, Slave I, and FO TIE. After all that, I still have 170 Ship omegas and 947 reinforcement mats. Speaking of which, a G13 TIE Silencer hits pretty hard. I actually thought I was going to lose one of the ship CMs in Geo TB, but had forgotten my KRU was G13 until he nearly took out one of the enemy ships in one shot with advantage. I’m definitely laying groundwork for a FO fleet while ostensibly going for Malevolence.

I’m up to 130 Zetas, so I’m starting to think about spending another one. Top candidate is Talzin’s leadership (for 3v3 and possibly to take over for Ventress in normal TW/GA). The funny thing is I’m getting to the point where my other choices are characters/Zetas that aren’t all that useful anymore: Wampa’s Furious Foe, Jango’s Leader and Unique, Boba’s Unique, Magnaguard, and Ahsoka Fulcrum. Maybe Zam if I get ger to G12? It’s definitely easier to give out Zetas than gear right now. I’ll probably keep 100 as my reserve, but anything above that starts to burn a hole in my pocket.

Last edited: Feb 7, 2020
  13. Marc Tessier

I think this will be the most effective way to get Electrium Conductors going forward. The G12 gear is so valuable now. It has become the new bottleneck as it takes a long time to acquire what you need. I'm going to buy 15 EC once I receive my payouts today as I'm all out after finishing GSky to R7.

14. Dagor

Dagor Active Member

Current Farms:

Rey's MF 39/85
    Hyena Bomber 63/85
    Vulture Droid 46/85

Now that I've completed most of the regular energy gear farms that I'm pushing (still need a little bit for FOO's finisher), I'm back to trying to throw one refresh at each of these ships. I'm making a calculated guess that Rey's MF 'might' be needed for the GL Rey or Kylo. It's definitely not a certainty, but Finn is one of the required toons and he's one of the pilots of this ship. So I figured I'd finish it off just in case.

I was able to finish off the first stage of the quest line for GL Rey by pushing those three to their required gear levels. I've moved over to the FO now and am done with FOST. KRU is R4 and I'm working on finishing off FOO; he needs a Furnace, Multi-tool, and his finisher to move to G13, then the relics levels to 5 aren't that big of a deal. I haven't pushed KRU past R4 just because I want to finish off FOO before I start that grind.

Otherwise, it's just a stockpile gear kind of holding pattern while trying to stay on top of all the fleet farms that are going right now. I might make a push on FOSFTP's ship here too. It's one I never farmed, so I think it's sitting at 3* right now. It's only available occasionally in the guild store, so I've been on the lookout for it when it pops up. I've got plenty of that currency, so it's just a matter of remembering to look there for it. This one is again something that 'might' pop up in the 13 required units for GL Kylo, so I figure it's best to look at it.

15. Marc Tessier

Hyena Bomber - 41/85
    Y-Wing - 15/65
    Malevolence - 110/145

Hux - 1/30
    Sith Trooper - 1/30

I may skip the FO character farms for now or just do 5 sims per day since it takes energy away from farming Kryo pieces.

On the relic front, I've got everyone at G13 up to at least R4 except for Jedi Knight Revan (R3), JTR and BB-8 (both R2). I bumped BB up to G13 this morning, perhaps I jumped the gun a bit since he hasn't been announced as a GL Rey requirement yet, but he's already proving important in the Geo LS TB and, well, I just love the feisty little ball of fun. So, I'm comfortable with the risk. Also, discovered that I had all the G12+ pieces for Resistance Trooper saved up, so he's now just a finisher away from G13.

If the Capital Ships are required for GL Kylo and Rey, then FtP players will be waiting a long time to get the Finalizer and Raddus up to 7 stars if they stick to CG's announced event schedule of once or twice a month. After completing the bonus tier, players will still need 240 shards to finish both. Two events a month equates to 20 blueprints, which means it'll take a year to complete.

I'm thinking of doing a refresh each time the event rolls around to cut the farm in half.

Skywlkr76 and Kevthejedi like this.
  16. Skywlkr76

Skywlkr76 Active Member

CG could care less about the FTP. As long as the krackens keep spending, all will be well.

Marc Tessier and AhnNu Rie like this.
  17. AhnNu Rie

AhnNu Rie Active Member

[​IMG]

18. Skywlkr76

Skywlkr76 Active Member

Sion - 39/85
    Magna - 78/100
    B1 - 12/65

Y-Wing - 16/65
    Rex's ARC - 54/100

As far as gearing goes:
    Took CLS to G13, R2, just because
    Took C-3P0 to G12
    Took B1 to G11, holding until I get some more stars on him

I got the left side of Ahsoka's G12 gear done, now working on the right side. I also remodded her the other day, now I'm in the process of slicing mods for her and 3P0.

I'm also working on the last piece needed for Magna to take him to G12. Looking at his GP, I'm probably going to have to take him to G13 in order for him to meet the requirements for the GAS event.

Marc Tessier likes this.
  19. Electricboa

The next round of GL requirements came out, and it looks like it’s about as bad as it can get. We’re going to need all G13 characters, so that’s going to be rather painful. The good news for me is there aren’t that many R7s needed. R5 is a lot more palatable. I pretty much have to wait for the weekly shop to get those Electrium Conductors. That’s what’s stopping me for getting KRU to R7 and what will slow me down with OG Kylo.

I did get FOO to G13 R5, so it’s about a week or two for each character to G13. Kylo is my current project and he’s about half-way done. The funny thing is my standard FO team is going to all be G13 by the time this is done. I’ll probably do FOX next with Phasma last.

I did also get Hux to G11. Droid Callers are starting to get scarce again. That’s what’s stopping me from getting him to G12. Kylo needs one for the G12 finisher, and I think all the others needed one, too. Now that Hux and FO Sith Trooper are farmable, I’m in a bit of an awkward position. I actually have to farm gear to get characters to G13, but that interferes with farming Y-Wing, Hyena, Hux, and FO Sith Trooper to their full potential. Not enough crystals to go around. I’m at 10/100 on the Hyena, but I’m going to stop farming that one, since I’m not going to be in a position to get a Separatists fleet going anytime soon. I’m seriously considering the same for the Y-Wing (7/65) since my GK fleet is holding just fine as-is.

I did get the Raddus (thank you R5 Bossk), so that’s a long-term farm. Definitely sticking to FO, though. No sense in gearing Holdo for now.

20. AhnNu Rie

AhnNu Rie Active Member

Well, work on teams continues, focus of late has been Clones and getting GAS. All of my original clones are G12 (ARC G11.5), but have pushed 5's to G13R5, working on Echo to G13 now. Have pushed JKA and Ahsoka to G13R5, so if I want to go with a Padme team, that would leave only Padme at G13 with JKA, Ahsoka, GK, and GMY at G13 R5/R5/R7/R7, since I have the JKR team at full R7. Have also gotten Asajj and B1 to G13R5, and all the other required characters for GAS are G13. I think I'm in a decent spot to get him next time he comes around.

Galactic Legends will stay just legends to me for a while, have neither the resources nor the inclination to panic my way to G13 so many right now, when I have others that are in my queue to get done.

Farming is mostly taking the shape of working on gear. Primary focus is on JTR (just the finisher left for G13) and Echo (finisher and 1 more to G13), ARC when I can when others don't need the items first, same can be said for Geo Spy. Only shards I'm farming are mostly ships right now, Vulture, Extinction, and Y-Wing. Letting Hux, Sith Trooper, and Vandor Chewie sit idle for now.

Marc Tessier likes this.