1. We're looking for active, experienced players to help contribute and grow this site.

If your interested, PM NeoCHI.

A Good Day/Week

Discussion in 'Rants and Accomplishments' started by AhnNu Rie, Jan 26, 2018.

1. Dagor

Dagor Active Member

General Skywalker 60/85
    Wat Tambor 21/100

Gauntlet Starfighter completed
    B-28 23/100
    Emperor's Shuttle 52/85
    Negotiator 25/100
    Rex's ARC 75/85

The long road to completing Negotiator is painful. Three more TB's it looks like for him. That should push GAS well into 6* as well I suppose. Get about 20 GAS shards and 25 Nego shards per TB with our current earning rate. We are pushing for 31*, but have missed 30* the last two times because in order to push 31, you have to actually complete the fleet squadrons which we were skipping to 3* the fleet section due to HT being almost required for mission success. Now we're allocating those 15 Hound's Tooth ships to their squadrons to make the ground missions doable to push that next star, but have missed the third star on fleet due to people failing or whatever... It's kind of a pain honestly, especially to see full R7 teams still fail at times.

My continued focus has been on pushing 6 dot mods and R4 for my G13 folks, while pushing up a G13 as I farm up the kyro's. Since the last update I think I pushed Nest, B1, Geo Spy, NS Zombie, and MagnaGuard to R4. I'm currently working on B2 (he's at R2 now) and then I'll go back to finishing off the NS team to R4.

I did push KRU to G13 as I think some of the key team members from our 'meta' teams being G13 will make a big difference in TW/GAC. Speaking of FO though, I faced a FO team this past round of GAC that subbed Wat in as a fifth and that team was actually really difficult to deal with. Normally I can murder most FO teams with Ewoks, but with KRU gaining the Baktoid Shield Generator from Wat, it was tough to beat. In fact, I had to take a different team in to do it. The Shield generator gives KRU 30% protection recovery, dispels his buffs each turn and gives him back taunt when he has protection. Those are really rough to work through on KRU. I'll probably start using him in my FO teams going forward. I've also found that relic'd Nest makes BH a lot more of a chore for JTR to deal with since Nest's health is higher and tougher for Rey to one-shot. I might have to break down and start using EP on Bounty Hunters again for that reason.

2. Marc Tessier

Marc Tessier Well-Known Member

The 10 Negotiator blueprints we are getting as part of the 4th anniversary loot might mean only 2 more TBs for me to finish it. I'm at 30/100 and 170 tokens short of another 5 blueprints, which should come -- fingers crossed -- from some guild members completing the current P2 special mission. I earn enough GET-2 for 25 blueprints at the end of each TB, so with the extra GET-2 income from TW, I could conceivably finish the Negotiator after this TB and the next one.

Shaak Ti - done
    Vulture Droid - 27/65
    Wat - 10/100 (G10)

Shaak Ti is up to G12 now and I'm debating whether to make her or Magnaguard my next G13 character. They both need the same old G12 gear. I promoted B1 to G13 and R3, so after doing Magnaguard I'd be content leaving the Separatist Droids aside from finishing GG's relics, currently at G4. But, I love the Jedi faction and Shaak will likely be needed for something important in the LS Geo TB, so it'd be fun to have her at G13.

Also bumped GMY and Padme to R3 in preparation for the new TB. Relic mats farming will come to a temporary halt once ARC Trooper hits a Cantina node.

Think that's all I've been up to of late.

3. AhnNu Rie

AhnNu Rie Active Member

7* and G12 Malak today, glad that grind is done. Time to start saving GET II for GAS. Debating on G13 for my Sith Empire team, still using JKR team in arena, and only Bastilla is left to get to R7, all others complete.

Looking at doing Han and Chewie to G13 next, for the Falcon, just the finisher left on Han and the finisher and one more for Chewie. Still working on Shaak Ti, Padme, and Nest for gearing to G12 yet, and Range Trooper, B2, Bistan, and Scarif Rebel Pathfinder are all the slow burner to gear.

Grinding is down to
    Vandor Chewbacca 48/65
    Vulture Droid, 39/65
    B-28 Extinction Bomber, 81/85
    Negotiator 30/85

On hold/waiting
    Wat Tambor 27/80 (we've been slow on shards)
    GAS, won't even go into that one
    Hyena Bomber 31/65
    Y-Wing 0/65
    And the others that have been announced but not yet released, will likely go full steam on Arc Trooper.

4. Skywlkr76

Skywlkr76 Active Member

Plo - 77/100
    GBA - 13/100 (on hold until I finish Plo)
    Jango - 23/100
    GG - 84/100
    Traya - 28/100

HT - 83/85
    ETA-2 - 69/85
    Negotiator - 0/85

I finally got the Negotiator unlocked, now I'm just in the process of gearing it up. I'm at a standstill right now, I've actually run out of ship currency for the first time in a long time and now I have to build my reserves back up. Once I get it ready to go, I'm going to move over to running a GR fleet in the ship arena.

I finally got Padme to G12, and I'm slowly building her and JKA up to G13. I have all the gear needed to push Plo to G12, once I get the last few shards I need to push him to G12. I'm going to go ahead and start gearing up GBA, it shouldn't take long to finish off Plo and then I'll be back to farming him.

5. Dagor

Dagor Active Member

@AhnNu Rie I guess it depends on which TB your guild is doing. If they are pushing Geo TB's, you'll want to balance LS and DS now that LS is supposed to launch next week. Prior to this, I would have said to focus mostly on DS for G13 and relics if your guild is focused on performance in TB.

That said, unless you're not planning on doing Negotiator and/or Malevolence, gearing the lesser Rebel pilots simply for fleet would likely be a waste. It's unlikely that Phoenix or Rogue One characters are going to be useful at all in LS Geo TB and they are very minimally useful in GAC/TW. In addition, toons like SRP are VERY gear heavy, and thus a waste in my opinion. Granted, I did gear them up, but that was 8+ months ago when MilF was announced. If they still weren't geared today, I would not throw gear at them personally. MilF is a decent counter to Negotiator right now, but as Negotiator fleets hit 7*, I'm not sure that it will continue to be a reliable counter. You already have to hold on for dear life until MilF's second turn to use the Evasive Maneuvers special (to clear daze from MilF), and hope that they don't kill it before you can stabilize. That will only get worse as people get the increased damage from Nego going to 7* and such. It's also a problem that nearly all of the GR pilots are useful outside of fleet, and are actually needed for Geo TB, so there is even more motivation for people to G13 and Relic those pilots. Ahsoka, Anakin, and Fives ships all hit like trucks at high relic levels.

That said, Chewie and Han are really good investments for G13 and relics. They are monsters in the CLS team at high relic levels, and it doesn't suck that it helps the MilF either.

6. AhnNu Rie

AhnNu Rie Active Member

@Dagor we've been doing the DS Geo, but being hamstrung at 44 members, we're getting ~16* per TB right now.

My thoughts for the gearing was mostly the back burners that I listed, most everyone else is on the "To Do sometime" list.

I am working on the Negotiator, and was able to both R7 GK and Unlock the Negotiator on the same day, don't have any plans yet on Malevolence, figure one ship at a time there. Malak is 7* and G12, and if I choose to start pushing that team to G13, ugh, more f'ing gear.

Same mentality with my Clones (sans Cody), Ahsoka, and Anakin, all them are at G12, will eventually push them to G13, time just depends on what the requirements actually end up being for the LS Geo TB. Only Shaak Ti will be my weak link there, at G10, or was that G9, I don't remember. The list I had earlier was all the characters I don't have at 7*, so looking forward to some more energy being put into gear, ugh, f'ing gear.

7. Dagor

Dagor Active Member

The requirements for LS Geo have already been announced, you'll need G13 clones for sure, including Cody (he's mentioned specifically). Jedi and Galactic Republic will be required factions as well.

As for the ugh with gear, yeah I totally get that. I'm at the point where I only have like 7 characters that aren't 7*, so there is very little that I need to farm in that regard. Especially since two of them are GAS and Wat where there really isn't any farming involved. The others are crap characters like Rose and Gamorrean Guard. So it's full on the gear train. It is never-ending it seems.

8. Electricboa

Electricboa Moderator Staff Member

Well, we come to the end of double drops and I probably spent at least 7k in crystals on it over the last three days. That more or less gutted my crystal stockpile, bit I think it was worth it.

I got Malak to R5, Fives and Echo to R7, and Rex to R6. My immediate goal right now is to R7 Rex and that will set the stage for my 501st team. And it certainly won’t hurt since LS Geo TB is designed for G13s, which is horrible.

I did take Shaak Ti to G12, but don’t have any drive to get her higher. Really, it’s the same with Cody and Clone Sergeant. Maybe if we get a rework on Cody. As it is, I’m waiting to see what the mission is going to be about. If it’s a special mission for GET II, then I’m probably going to skip it. Really, it’s the same thing for DS Geo TB. What’s the point in trying to do the P4 Dooku mission?

Everything else has been farming. I sliced a lot of mods, but didn’t get anything worth mentioning. I now have 100 of each Kyrotech again. For fleet battles, I focused on getting the G12 medpac and multitool.

On the farming front:

Vulture Droid 49/85
    GAS 15/100
    Wat 30/85
    Negotiator 40/100

When the ARC comes out, he’s going to be a new priority because of his use in my 501st team. Not sure if I’m going to R7 Rex first or just jump straight to ARC. Probably the latter, since unlocking ARC would free up my Ahsoka again.

9. Marc Tessier

Your 501st squad is in great shape. It will be interesting to see if you can complete the Special Mission for Ki Adi Mundi shards with Shaak Ti at G12 once you have ARC Trooper ready to go.

I want to help my guild with KAM shards since I've haven't helped at all with Wat. So, my current gear priorities are Shaak Ti and Rex, who I just bumped to G13 and R2 today. Shaak needs two old G12 chest protector pieces. Seems strange getting the finisher done before other gear, but that seems to be how things are going these days for me with all the GET being saved for GSky's return.

As for the 501st, I've got:
    Fives: R5
    Rex: R2
    Ahsoka: R5
    Echo: G12 +1 piece

That leaves me with GSky and ARC, who are both locked. I will definitely make a bigger push for ARC shards than I did for GBA.

I find going beyond R5 is really difficult. As of now, I've only taken GK (R7), Jedi Knight Anakin (R7), and Malak (R6) past R5. I'll have to get Grievous up there to R7 at some point with the Malevolence coming to the game, but there's time for that since I suspect most players will opt to finish the Negotiator first.

Negotiator - 70/100
    Vulture Droid - 0/85
    Wat - 48/100

I like Ki Adi Mundi's kit and get the feeling the community will do a fair bit of theory crafting and find some interesting combinations. I'm already curious how KAM would do under a Qui-Gon lead. Together they'd add a lot of speed and offense to Jedi.

10. Dagor

Dagor Active Member

General Skywalker 5/100
    Wat Tambor 58/100

Y-Wing Completed
    B-28 24/100
    Emperor's Shuttle 53/85
    Negotiator 65/100
    Rex's ARC 14/100
    Hyena 39/85
    Vulture Droid 17/65

Now that double drops are over, I too can do some updating. My focus over the past couple weeks has been on LS Geo prep. So I've been bumping up clones primarily. I pushed 5's to R7, Rex to R4, Echo to R2. Cody and Sarge are both G12. I could have Cody close to G13 if I wanted to, I've got one piece equipped and two more that are available, but I've been holding them. I also finished off pushing GK to R7, mostly for fleet though it doesn't hurt to have him R7 for the GR team. Other than those focused items, I've been working on pushing all my existing G13 folks to R4 which is just before you start needing to give up more expensive mats for 5-7. I've got them all done with the exception of Talzin and now Echo and JKR (I just promoted both the other day). Talzin will probably follow Echo to that point and then JKR after them.

I pushed hard on Relics, mods salvage, and various finishers during the double drops since that seemed to be the most effective path considering what I have left to farm shard-wise. I did take advantage of Costco's sale on iTunes gift cards ($75 for the $100 cards) and bought a couple of those and turned them into a 7* Y-wing. I need about 10 more ship omegas and then it will be maxed out and set to replace Hound's Tooth in my GR fleet most likely (definitely will need it for LS Geo since HT is dark side). I think Wat will be finished by the end of the next DS Geo battle. Negotiator should be done by the end of the LS Geo battle, assuming we have similar results as DS for our guild, might push to the end of the DS battle if not. GAS might be by the end of December too, hoping at least. I'm starting to save up for his zetas now. Echo is the only 501st missing a zeta at this point other than GAS, so it should be solid once I get Anakin's done.

My next G13 targets are probably going to be Cody and Jolee. Looking just at LS, I've got JTR, T3, R2, Bastila, Jolee, Wicket, and L3 who are at 12.5 and just need finishers. Of those, I think Jolee and R2 make the most sense. Jolee just to make him harder to kill off to prevent revives, but even then with toons like GAS out there that prevent revives and more deathmark, there are many other ways to combat Jolee. R2 is enticing due to Combat Reflexes sharing his stats will should be greatly increased with G13 and Relics. I'm kind of intrigued by the idea of seeing how Wicket's damage scales with G13 and Relics, but I'm scared to 'waste' a finisher and relic mats on him too when there are so many others that seem more deserving.

I'm hoping to finish up Rex's ship soon so I can be done with the GR fleet and move on to working on the Grievous fleet once I have GEC II tokens available to use after GK's ship is done. At the moment, I'm not super excited to get on it due to the fact that the fleet just doesn't have any tools to combat HT. So it won't do much until it gets another ship that can deal with HT's kit.

11. Dagor

Dagor Active Member

I was lucky that I had a metric ton of the G12 wristguards and their salvage (and nobody that needed them), so up to this point it hasn't been terrible to get a handful of characters to R7, but I'm starting to run low now, so I'll be feeling that pinch pretty soon as well. I've been stopping at R4 for most, but the cheapest way I've found to get those 20 pieces needed from gear is to farm/buy the Mk3 Holo Projectors (turn the 20 salvage into a completed piece first) since they are worth 10 of the pieces you need. So every two completed Holo Projectors (40 salvage) will get you enough to R5 instead of needing 100 salvage of the others to get those same 20 pieces. In addition, you can buy two of the completed Holo Projectors for 600 crystals versus 1400 for a single completed stun gun prototype or stun cuff or carbanti. By far the best route to go.

12. Electricboa

I will be making a big push for ARC. Using Padme without Ahsoka is a pain. I am hoping Shaak Ti doesn’t need to be G13 if the rest of the team is. I might have to Zeta her leadership, though. I can do it, but I’m going to wait till I see just how close I am when the time comes.

I was able to help a lot with Wat shards, though. I was one of the earliest people with good Geos because I used them for ships. I do think that GBA is the current best tank in the game. ARC won’t have the universality.

My biggest issue with relics is the salvage that requires G12 gear. The second to last one. I’ve used up my completed pieces and they don’t let you use all of them, which is unfortunate. I guess the argument is you won’t R7 everyone right away.

I think most people are sticking with Negotiator because they have to work on the character for the fleet anyway for LS TB and GAS. It would be harder to catch up with a Separatist fleet.

13. Dagor

Dagor Active Member

I think the main reason is that the Sep fleet doesn't have the tools to effectively and reliably deal with Hound's Tooth without any source of a dispel, daze, or buff immunity. It was possible for geo fleets to work through Hound's Tooth under Thrawn's capital ship with the offense up and a mass attack with Geo Spy's special, but that seems less likely under General Grievous's ship. His ultimate would work, but I fear that the battles will be over before you can reach that point. And that is where the problem lies with the GG fleet. Negotiator maxes at 189 speed, Malevolence only maxes at 179, so assuming equal gearing and stars, Negotiator will be able to daze the opposing Geos pretty early and then it's game over. Anakin can put buff immunity up on Sun Fac early, keeping him from auto taunting and freeing up attacks on Spy or Soldier. Overall, the geos are on the slower side and are slower than the equally geared Rebel or GR fleets with Spy being the fastest at a max of 158 speed. For reference, 5's goes at 203, Anakin at 189.

Now you do have some droid synergy with Mal as well, so you could run IG-2000 which has a max of 190 speed, but it also doesn't have any tools for dealing with Hound's Tooth. Hound's Tooth is the real problem with the meta though because every fleet is judged by how it will counter an opposing Hound's Tooth since the ship is just THAT good. Without a way to defeat or minimize HT, you're just going to be stuck behind the taunt and never-ending protection up.

All that said, I think that Mal fleets WILL have some impact in TW where we use more than one fleet between defense and offense. Hound's Tooth can only go with one fleet, so if your opponents save it for offense, you will see some success with Mal I think. But, at least with what's available now, I rank it as third among fleets (and you could argue that Geos with Thrawn could be just as good). 1. GK, 2. Rebels, 3. Mal

14. Electricboa

Not sure the level on the ships, but it’s at least possible for the Malevolence to auto Negotiator:

You don’t need offense up with Grievous. Overcharge does more than enough. If you get 5 stacks, it’s +100% offense. But even 3 will get you more than offense up does. More importantly, it adds defense, which does make a big difference. GR fleets don’t have a ton of damage outside of Anakin and Ahsoka. And the Hyena Bomber can ignore taunt, so it’s not impossible to get around HT and snipe Anakin.

And the speed isn’t much of an issue because Grievous’ ultimate is on a much shorter cool down. On paper, the Malevolence is better all-around. The problem is people have got G13 Clones and pilots on top of 6 star Negotiators. Some people have R7 pilots. And on the Separatist side, it’s unlikely they have a 7 star Vulture right now and even more unlikely to have the Hyena. Then the Geos are probably G12 for most people. That’s a considerable disparity between the two fleets.

That’s why pretty much everyone in my fleet arena decided on their own to keep farming the Negotiator. There’s just too much sunk cost and it would take way too long to get the Malevolence to the same spot. The Hyena isn’t even farmable. And I’m sure they all made the same call I did. I’m sitting at 40/100 on Negotiator, 19/85 on Hyena, and 53/85 on Vulture. By the time I finish Vulture and Hyena becomes farmable, I can probably finish Negotiator and unlock Malevolence.

In my top 30, everyone except 6 people has Negotiator at 6 stars. One of them has Malevolence at 5 stars, one doesn’t have either new capital ship (they’re still using Ackbar), and the others just haven’t made a move one way or the other. The one guy with Malevolence does have G13 Geos, so he at least planned for it. Hyena and Vulture are only 6 stars.

Beyond all that, the other unknown is how Grievous does on defense. Not just from GK, but also Ackbar fleets. GK fleets are slow rolls, which let Grievous stack up Overcharge. I know a lot of us have pretty tricked out Falcon fleets with Bistan. I know Grievous gives Separatists 50% crit avoidance, but I’m not sure if that’s enough to stop an aggressive Falcon team.

15. Dagor

Dagor Active Member

I hear ya there. I'm in that boat too. I have one of the better Nego fleets in my shard, I almost never drop below 5th anymore, but I've got R7 GK, R7 Anakin, R7 5's, R5 Bossk, R5 Ahsoka, R4 Rex, and G12 Sarge, so mine are all at the top end of that scale.

For GG's fleet, I have GG at R7 and Spy at R4 but the other two geos are just G12. Hyena and Vulture don't have pilots at least, so maybe that makes it easier to switch since I'd only need to push two pilots up, but there's also the issue of farming stars on all three newer ships before I'm comfortable with them taking over.

16. Electricboa

That’s about average for my fleet arena. Some people don’t have Bossk that high, though.

Plus, there’s the issue of a 5 star capital ship versus a 6 or 7 star one. Basically, everyone is going to finish Negotiator and start working on their Separatist fleet. It’s pretty much the same thing that happens in both of my arenas. Almost no one wants to bring out an under geared or weaker new team. They’d rather let the old one sit out there until they know the new team is as strong or stronger.

My big thing right now is how I go about preparing for a Separatist fleet. My Grievous is only R5, but with LS Geo TB coming out, it’s going to be a bit painful to get him to R7 when the LS is the shiny new thing. Not to mention ARC being the new priority over relic stuff. Very similar for my Geos. I love them, but the G12+ and finisher pieces are painfully expensive. As you said, the Vulture and Hyena are nice because they don’t have pilots. All I really need are ship omegas, and I’ve got 280 of them just sitting.

17. Marc Tessier

I agree that most players will finish Negotiator first. It will be needed in the Geo LS TB.

I also think more Separatist ships are coming. The Geo ships have already had their moment in the sun, so I'm expecting more Droid ships to go with Malevolence. As it stands, it doesn't feel right that it's 2 Separatist Droid ships, 3 Geo ships and likely Hound's Tooth for 5* and 6* Malevolence fleets.

18. Electricboa

I completely forgot about that. Of course, it's likely going to be moot given the difficulty in DS. Ten again, the Rebels and Republic are probably the two strongest right now, not counting the Separatists.

I expect there will be, but that poses another problem. If you need all these new ships to make Malevolence viable, then it's pretty much only going to be whales using it. Which makes the Negotiator even more desirable, since that fleet is almost all FTP. My guess is we'll get Dooku's Solar Sailer, a Tri Droid, or a Sheathipede shuttle (same as Phantom, probably with Nute as pilot). Unfortunately, the Separatists didn't have a ton of variety on their droid fighters. Vulture, Hyenas, and Tri Droids were the vast majority. Grievous really should have his fighter, but they said they have no plans for it.

19. Skywlkr76

Skywlkr76 Active Member

Farming update
    Shaak Ti - 45/100
    Plo - Done
    GBA - 37/100
    Nihilus - 12/85
    GG - 94/100
    Jango - 35/100
    Traya - 39/100

HT - 5/100
    ETA-2 - 78/85
    Rex's ARC - 3/85
    Negotiator - 0/85

I finished off Plo and bumped him up to G12. I'm not really in a rush to push him up any higher right now. I have all the abilities on the Negotiator at level 6 with the exception of the Y-Wing assault which is at 5 until I can get some more prestige. I went ahead and made the switch in fleet arena to the Negotiator, I've got from fighting my way into the top 50 every day to comfortably setting in the top 15.

I put the zeta on GBA's unique this morning, so all that's left ability wise is the zeta on his leadership (which I may skip for now) and the last upgrade on the brute. Gear wise, I'm one piece away from G10, which I should be able to pick up today. My other gearing project right now is getting JKA to G13, all I have left is the Mk 12 furnace (25/50) for his finisher and then he'll be done. Then I'll have to figure out who my next G13 project is going to be. The good thing with TROS being the focus for the next month or so, I'll have time to finish up a lot of projects I want to work on since there is nothing about the new trilogy I really care about.

Edit - Left out Shaak Ti

Last edited: Dec 2, 2019 at 7:57 PM
  20. Dagor

Dagor Active Member

General Skywalker 25/100
    Wat Tambor 58/100
    ARC Trooper 25/85

B-28 24/100
    Emperor's Shuttle 53/85
    Negotiator 80/100
    Rex's ARC 50/100
    Hyena 39/85
    Vulture Droid 18/65

Not much substance to update this week. The GEC that we got from the LS TB debacle was ok, got me 15 shards of Nego and GAS at least which is probably more than we would have received if it ran the full course. I'd been pushing hard on ARC as you can see, but now I'm just going back to just doing the three 100 crystal refreshes on him each day (it's pretty much all the crystals I spend each day whether I'm farming relic mats or a character by default). It would be nice to be done with him I suppose so I can go back to farming relic mats, but I don't feel like spending an extra 400 crystals a day to do it when it will only make a negligible difference in performance for LS TB. I did end up deciding to push R2-D2 to G13, so that's done. I haven't really been pushing any others. I was primarily farming gear for ARC to get him up to G11, which he is now. Next I'll keep pushing some of my DS squads most likely since that will have the most immediate impact for TB at least. I have most of the clone squads and Padme GR squads to G13 as is, so if the meta shifts more decidedly that direction, I've already got the toons ready for that change. As is, my DR team can still win 90% of those battles in arena, so I haven't felt the need to change.

In fleet, I completely finished the Y-wing's abilities, so it's completely done. It's performed relatively well in GAC in the place of Hound's Tooth, but I hesitate to replace HT in fleet arena just yet but maybe he'll hold just fine. Doesn't seem to really be necessary in arena though since you can pick and choose your team without thinking about saving something for another team. We do have one person that opted to wait for Malevolence in our shard. He's pretty easy to beat. Not sure if there's a different squad makeup that he should be using, but it usually goes down before it's first reinforcement or just after. He uses HT, Hyena, and Sun Fac in his opening lineup, which can prove to be a little difficult to get through if you get resisted on buff immunity or target lock, but even on those attempts, you can usually get through it before they get their second reinforcement in. Part of the key is just to ignore the summoned vulture droids since they will escape when the 'real' units are defeated. They really haven't become an issue with the exception of one battle where I ended up against just Geo Spy and some vulture droids. Spy would stealth when I damaged him and then all I could attack was the vulture droids unless I had an AOE. But once Anakin's special was up again, it was easy enough to put buff immunity on spy to nuke it down.