1. We're looking for active, experienced players to help contribute and grow this site.

If your interested, PM NeoCHI.

A Good Day/Week

Discussion in 'Rants and Accomplishments' started by AhnNu Rie, Jan 26, 2018.

1. Skywlkr76

Skywlkr76 Active Member

Thanks

I haven't finished HT yet. TBH, ships haven't been that big of a priority for me. I know it's something I need to work on, but it always seems like I have something else more pressing to finish first.

2. AhnNu Rie

AhnNu Rie Active Member

Since I was way behind on farming Xanadu Blood and IG2000, only able to unlock Han's Faclon at start of event. Was able to push the IG2k to 6* and thus got Han's Falcon to 6*, took a lot of extra refreshes to get there though, needed something like 30 shards at the start of this round for the event.

Farming
    Emp Shuttle (semi-hold) 73/85
    XB 22/100
    IG2K 1/100
    Nest 7/85
    B1 45/65
    Range Trooper 62/85
    Droideka 82/85 (started exact same time as XB)
    Traya 83/100 (3 more raids, gear ready to get to G12)
    Brood Alpha 46/65

Rose 69/100 (when no one else on LS)
    Holdo 51/85 (on hold, pun intended)
    Vandor Chewbacca 21/30 (on hold)
    B-28 0/30 (hold)
    Sith Fighter 15/30 (hold)
    Han's Falcon 0/100 (next time event comes around)

Left to unlock
    Padme
    Wat
    Malak
    Negotiator

That's everything I don't have at 7* on the main account, and I'm not even going into the gear grind gobble-di-gook.

Marc Tessier and Skywlkr76 like this.
  3. SumiXam

SumiXam Moderator Staff Member

I'm kind of neglecting G13 pieces right now. I'm pretty far behind the curve on G12+ pieces already. I might regret it, but I'm focused on wrapping up G12+ on key characters and then moving on to G13.

Farming:
    • Traya (86/100) -- could wrap this up faster, but raid times are right during my arena POs, so I have to choose between raid rewards and crystals.
    • B1 (80/85)
    • Droideka (56/85) -- My drop rates on this have been awful. Started farming the same time as B1
    • Range Trooper (86/100) -- getting really close on this one
    • Embo (10/100)
    • Brood Alpha (33/65)
    • Ebon Hawk -- Finished!
    • Emperor's Shuttle (43/100)
    • Anakin's Eta (8/100)
    • Sith Fighter (6/85)
    • B-28 (78/85)
    • Aurra (43/65)

Marc Tessier and Skywlkr76 like this.
  4. Dagor

Dagor Active Member

Don't feel too bad, honestly the G12+ pieces (right half of the gear board) are the real bottleneck since they only drop in a relatively few spots. You'll probably see an initial rush of 5-8 G13 characters per account as people finish off people that are already 12.5 (mainly current arena meta and maybe the arena meta before, though I'm finding few that are pushing the JKR team to G13). Beyond that most have quite a few that are 12.3, but missing the right half for the majority of the rest of their G12. I'm among those people for the most part.

SumiXam likes this.
  5. Dagor

Dagor Active Member

B1 Battle Droid 50/100
    Geo Brood Alpha 57/65

Sith Fighter 63/100 (paused)
    B-28 3/100 (paused)
    Emperor's Shuttle 41/85 (paused)

It's kind of funny how much progress you actually make some weeks compared to the perception of your drop rates. I felt like I got absolute crap drop rates this past week on shard drops, but actually picked up 22 shards of B1 and 61 shards of GBA. I would have never guessed that I had that many this week with as many 0's and 1's I got on my daily sims. I haven't really been pushing hard on GBA either, usually just one or maybe two energy refreshes on Cantina energy each day. I haven't really been buying ship energy refreshes either, so I suppose I could have more progress, but my crystals have been reserved for G13 farming lately. I'm no longer using my 100 crystal energy refreshes, so it's slowed down though. I decided to just go with the three 50 c refreshes for now because I'm out of core 12.5 guys that I want to push to G13 early.

Speaking of G13, I did get lured in by the 3 pack deal that CG put in the shop. It came in WAY cheaper than I thought it would and I couldn't resist it. It also happened that the pieces in that pack finished off my arena team and gave me an extra full piece that I put on GG. G13 HK and Marauder are a nightmare, let me tell you. I have seen 180k crits with Marauder one shot full hp/prot DR and Bastila! That goes along with G13 HK doing even more damage than before. Granted, I have 'top 10 in the game' damage on both, but it's pretty crazy watching HK take out 2 or 3 guys with his first aoe of the battle. G13 also added quite a bit of survivability to both.

Beyond GG, I also earmarked my NS team for G13, so I've pushed Asajj, Zombie, and Spirit to G13. They are great in Geo TB and also TW/GA, so it was an easy choice. It also happened that I had G12+ on all three of those guys, so it was a minimal investment other than the finisher stuff. I'm working on Talzin and Daka now to finish them off. Daka gains a lot of HP from the finisher, so that will be my first priority, but she needs both G12+ pieces, Talzin only needs her Furnace (and I only need the purple parts of that). Also unfortunately, the Holo Lens Prototype that Daka needs is needed for both the G12+ piece AND other G12 finishers, so yay! The G13 pushes my Spirit up to 304 speed with 120% potency and 4900 phy damage, which makes that team crazy good.

After NS, I'll probably go back and work on GG's team for G13 maybe. Might think about Dooku or KRU as well.

6. Electricboa

Electricboa Moderator Staff Member

Same with my arena. A lot of people pushed DR, BSF, and Malak to G13. A few (like me) did HK, but I kind of got tempted by having the G12+ gear for the finisher ready and got the right finisher salvage from the Geo TB. I think our whale also did Grievous, but he probably brought the bundle. A couple people have done JKR, but those are pretty much the ones with slow mods and/or don’t have their DR team geared/Zeta-ed.

I probably won’t worry about it too much, unless your arena requires it to stay competitive. Mine has always been tough on speed, so that extra boost for DR and BSF mean a lot. More so for me, since I have to rely more heavily on mods without Malak.

On the bright side, I’m able to farm Kyrotech now. The drop rate is pathetic, but spending 50 crystals on refreshes is way cheaper than 1,400 for a full piece. It’s probably been 5 days or so and I’m up to 72. Sith Bomber is up to 96/100, so there’s no point in refreshing the node anymore. I originally was farming the G12 finisher salvage, but realized that I’d be much better off with Kyrotech.

The great Malak wait of 2019 has put me at a standstill. I unlocked Brood Alpha and have him 35/65 to 5 stars, but stopped at G9. Getting to G10 requires a Stun Gun, which I need for Malak. I’m still farming him, but cut back on the refreshes to get my crystal stockpile back up (currently at 7.566). I did try him out in GW and liked what I saw. No Zetas on him yet, though.

B1 has been doing well. I’m 71/85, so in about a week I got 23 shards. After Malak and Alpha, Sep Droids are going to be my main focus. I’m not sure about Nute. He needs 2 Stun Gunds to get to G12 and would need his Zeta. Right now, I’m already going to do both of Malak’s Zetas and very likely the Alpha’s unique Zeta. I’m not sure about the leadership, just in case Poggle’s rework makes him better. We could end up with a similar dynamic to Talzin and Ventress. Both good leaders, but for different things.

But after the Alpha’s unique, I was very heavily leaning towards B1. He seems to be the key to most Separatist teams. Beyond that, Grievous’ leadership is also on the table. I just don’t know if I want to push Nute to the head of the line.

Also, as a random aside, I realized that with Wat Tambor we now have 4 characters whose primary purpose is to not deal damage (Hoda, BB-8, C-3PO, and Tambor). I was working on the Fulcrum quest and Cassian needs to take out 200 enemies. In the past, I would do it in GW and use non-combat units to fill the rest of the team. That lets me auto it and give Cassian the best chance to deal the finishing blow. Of course, AI Hoda likes to give BB-8 Master’s Training, which keeps sabotaging me. But with Tambor, we would finally be able to do a full proper team without the game warning me I’m using an undersized team every time I go in.

@Dagor If you’re thinking about getting NS to G13, you might want to talk to Zer0. He’s Jedha’s resident NS hype man and already did Daka and Zombie. I’m not sure if there’s a reason he did those before Talzin or Spirit, but he was pretty happy with the results.

7. Dagor

Dagor Active Member

@Electricboa I'll have to say hi. I've got a pretty stellar NS team as is, but there always seems to be some room for improvement. Zombie gets a bunch of health from her finisher, so that's fairly obvious. Daka does as well, which makes her heals that much more potent. They probably have the biggest 'gains' from G13. It just happened that I had Spirit, Asajj, and Zombie already ta 12.5, so it made the most sense to push them first. My Daka is 12.3 and my Talzin is 12.4 so there's a little more work involved on those two, so I can slow farm those without too much trouble.

I always find it tough to know the real value of a great team in TW because you don't know what was used or how many points were scored in many cases. My team was taken out on the first attempt this past war, but it's hard to know if someone had to blow a DR team or something overkill like that or if someone managed to kill it with troopers. I would think it would take a really good team to kill it with a 306 speed spirit. But I suppose if you had a well modded Traya team, you could probably still do it with the right tactics.

8. Marc Tessier

Marc Tessier Well-Known Member

I'm going to follow suit. After I finish the salvage for a finisher piece (currently at 45), I'm going to switch to Kryo pieces. Palp's Shuttle is 91/100, so there's no need to refresh that node anymore and after that my only other hard node farm is Rose. And there's no rush to finish her shards. Throwing 60 energy at her node each day is plenty.

Based on what you and others are saying about the Kryo drop rates, I'm gonna just try not to look and when it's done, it's done.

9. Electricboa

It’s purely anecdotal, but I’m doing about 20-25% drop rate. I guess it’s not as bad as shards, since the energy cost is only 10, but especially after seeing the drop rates of the G12 finisher salvage it hurts.

10. Marc Tessier

This seems to be about right.

11. Skywlkr76

Skywlkr76 Active Member

Farming update:
    Big Z - done
    Mission - 84/100
    Jolee - 8/65
    Logray - 38/100
    Jango - 6/30
    Traya - 87/145

Slave 1 - 75/100
    HT - 8/30
    Ghost - 47/100
    Phantom - 28/100

Marc Tessier and AhnNu Rie like this.
  12. Electricboa

Finally got the Geo reworks . . . after I already wasted my attack in P1 . . . but we still got it. On the face of it, it looks really good and I’m really excited. I liked Geo ships since 2.0 and now get to actually have a solid squad team with them.

I took a look at my gear and realized that I didn’t need to have all 4 Stun Guns for Malak. The last two he needs to get to G12 and I’m not going to be able to get him there right away anyway, so Brood Alpha is now G11. The last two gears are locked until 7 star. I also worked on mods for all my Geos:

Speed/Health sets on Alpha with +116 mod speed.
    Health/potency/tenacity sets on Sun Fac with +83 speed and 77.89% total tenacity
    Crit damage/chance on Spy with +81 speed and 66.98% total tenacity
    Crit damage/chance on Soldier with +104 speed and 69.13% total tenacity
    Two tenacity/one health on Poggle with +90 speed and 96.2% total tenacity

I’m tempted to sacrifice 2 speed on Alpha to get him a tenacity primary cross and have 53.44% total tenacity. Basically, I noticed when I was using my Geos against Carth teams in GA (a pretty good counter) that Daze was the biggest threat. The healing was enough to get through, but by loading up the team with tenacity, it should be harder to control. Poggle’s rework has a mass cleanse, so he got the most tenacity of the bunch.

So I guess I’m going to be focusing on farming the Alpha now. I’m still farming Kyrotech, which is still slow going, but I’m steadily reducing the crystals I’ll need to spend when Malak does come. With only 50 crystal refreshes, I’m saving a lot compared to buying them outright.

I doubt I’ll have Alpha ready for Geo TB this time, though. He’s only 5 stars (17/85), so by the time I might get him to 6 stars, we’ll be on to the 7 star phases. But I will get to play around with him in GA. I’m very tempted to drop him on defense and see how they do.

Also, the changes to fleet nodes should make finishing B1 a lot easier. I did give him a Zeta, so the faster I finish him the better. I have what I need to get him to G12. He does need a Stun Gun, but the rest is easy. I guess that means I’m now working on my other Separatists.

I did the math on the Kyrotech for Malak and I need about 200 pieces (not counting the G12 finisher). That’s 5,600 in crystals. I’m just shy of 10k right now. The longer it takes for Malak, the more Kyrotech I farm. But right now, I can work on Separatists and still have enough in reserve should they drop Malak this week. Right now, I’m thinking about B2. I already have a Zeta on him from the Padme event, so G12 would be helpful there.

13. Marc Tessier

With no news on Malak's return this week, I decided to push Ahsoka up to G12 for my Padme GR squad. It basically depleted my entire stock of stun guns, but happy to have her at G12. Her ship will likely be a part of The Negotiator's fleet.

14. Marc Tessier

Farming update:

B1 - 24/100
    Brood Alpha - 48/80
    Rose - 8/100 (last regular energy hard node farm)

Palpatine's Shuttle - finished
    Sith Fighter - 60/85

With Fleet energy now costing only 50 crystals, I'll do a refresh on B1's node to speed up his farm.

15. Dagor

Dagor Active Member

@Electricboa I would be wary of dropping them on defense right now, at least against any opponent that does some research. Jawas are a fairly easy counter to the Geo team, even after the reworks. They just blow themselves up with thermal detonators with all the assists. They are still a good offensive team though, so that's where I'm using them.

16. Dagor

Dagor Active Member

B1 Battle Droid complete
    Geo Brood Alpha 36/85

Sith Fighter 67/100
    B-28 3/100 (paused)
    Emperor's Shuttle 41/85 (paused)

Feels good to be finally done with B1, I have him one gear item (Mk 5 Chedak Comlink) away from G12 as well, and that should be coming fairly soon. Need two stun cuffs (one of them is for Talzin's last piece of G12+) and that's about it. I finished off T3-M4 to G12, though I still need zetas to have him ready for the GG team. Got Nute and MagnaGuard to G10 and Droideka to G11. GBA is still in process, won't be 6* in time for use this TB, plus I don't have his zeta yet. I put the one zeta I had ready on Dooku since he will come in handy this time around. I actually had to force close the geo mission in round one because Dooku was all that was left against Jedi Consular, the Clone Medic, the Clone Tank and one other misc clone. They couldn't kill Dooku because of his regen and he couldn't kill anything because of the taunt and the heals. I came close to killing the tank a couple of times before realizing that, even if I killed him, the medic would be able to rez him before I would be able to kill off the medic. So I was in a perpetual loop that would never end.

Now that I'm done with B1, I can start up the Sith Fighter farm again, though I'm not going to refresh that one. I'll use the extra fleet energy for G12+ farming I suppose. Especially now that it refreshes at regular energy rate. For G13, I've kind of slowed. I'm working on finishing my NS still, but Talzin needs one last piece of G12+ and Daka needs both G12+ and then also the finishers. I have the injector pieces farmed for both finishers and the non-kyro pieces farmed. Just need to finish off the kyros, which is what I've been spending my normal energy on lately.

17. Electricboa

Yeah, I just saw that. I'll probably do it based on how geared my opponent's Jawas are. Low gear won't survive long enough. And it sure looks like a bug (pun fully intended). The Geos are getting way too many TDs. My guess is the unique is triggering 6 times at 50% each and then applying that to every Geo. So each time you mass attack, it's like each character attacked 6 times by itself. That's the only way to stack up 30+ TDs in 3 or 4 attacks. There's no way that's intended.

Edit: Well, it is a bug, but CG likes it so it's now a feature:

https://forums.galaxy-of-heroes.sta...09582/jawas-geonosians-and-thermal-detonators

Last edited: Jul 18, 2019 at 3:05 PM
  18. Dagor

Dagor Active Member

I was going to say, yeah they decided rather than fix the bug, they just updated the text of the ability to match the bug lol. I'm actually ok with this. I don't think they really planned on the bugs being anything more than a required Geo TB team and maybe a fringe tw/ga team if you've built them up. The change to the jawa team also makes sense since they've been trying to bring some of these legacy teams to current, and this 'change' does that to some degree. It will be nice for those of us that had to gear jawas for mod challenges back in the day, for the newer folks they will be extremely unlikely to have this team at all and honestly have bigger fish to farm. Seems to not be game breaking and allows a silly counter out there for a relatively small portion of the user base. Just one more thing to check for when scouting your GA opponent I guess.

My opponent didn't place them on def, so I couldn't test out my G9/10 jawas to see how functional they could be.

19. Electricboa

It bothers me to the extent that if it had been a Malak-style character the bug would have been fixed less than an hour after it became known. The only reason CG is happy to leave it like this is because Geos are largely FTP. I don't mind the Jawas staying, I just wished CG wouldn't have such a double standard about it.

Kevthejedi likes this.
  20. Marc Tessier

I was gearing Jawas when the HAAT first came out as they were good in Tier 6. However, they were too squishy in the Heroic Tier and I never finished them.

Just checked and Dathcha, Nebit and Scavenger are G10 with JE and Jawa at G9.

If they can beat higher geared bugs that would be great.