1. We're looking for active, experienced players to help contribute and grow this site.

If your interested, PM NeoCHI.

A Good Day/Week

Discussion in 'Rants and Accomplishments' started by AhnNu Rie, Jan 26, 2018.

1. Laze

Laze Active Member

501st
    GAS: G7->R6, all 4 zetas done
    Rex/Echo/Arc: G8
    Fives: R5
    Shaak: G11

Fleet
    Vulture Droid: 41/85
    Hyena Bomber: 52/85
    BTL-B y-Wing: 6/100 (+1*)

Other
    Bo Katan 32/65
    zArmorer: 5/85 (+1*)

Pretty quiet week. I focused most of my efforts on GAS, and he’s nearly done. I’ve been buying zeta mats in the fleet shop, and thanks to that as well as the anniversary rewards I was able to finish off his zetas as well. Next I’ll be working on 501st to get my squad in shape for the KAM mission.

Happy grinding this week everyone!

2. Laze

Laze Active Member

@jwall157, I’d definitely give Han his zeta as well as IBAT on CLS. Loyal friend on Chewie is quite good too. It’s a good squad that you won’t regret gearing, but if you want to get going on JMK, gearing CLS will give you the best bang for your buck with Chewpio’s stat share. What I did was G12 on CLS, G10ish on Han/Chewie, and G8 on Chewpio. I still get a fair amount of use out of them, and they can beat CT2 of their assault battle.

For GL farming, it can be helpful to use a site like gear.swgohevents.com to track your gear progress. Just know you’re in for a long haul so be patient and stay the course, it’s worth it in the end. I also wouldn’t over-relic characters. R0 is a good target for supports and bad characters. R3-5 for tanks/attackers that are good. Hoard the rest untill you have them all ready. This will give you easier GAC matchups.

jwall157 likes this.
  3. Marc Tessier

Marc Tessier Well-Known Member

Congrats! Have fun smacking SLKR around.

Last edited: Nov 22, 2021 at 1:10 AM
    Skywlkr76 likes this.
  4. jwall157

jwall157 Active Member

Thanks a lot. I’ll probably do something like you - 12 on CLS, 10 on Han and Chewie. Appreciate the zeta advice as well.

Thanks for the guidance on GL farming. That relic standpoint makes a lot of sense to save GP.

5. Electricboa

Electricboa Moderator Staff Member

Welp, back to hoarding gear again. I’m mostly waiting to see how things go with Starkiller to help determine my next move. So pretty much 3 weeks of me thinking about who I could gear if I wanted to. Dark Trooper and Stormtrooper are high on my list. But I at least want to see what Starkiller is going to be like. There’s always the chance that he’s not going to play well with LV and that makes going after him a lot less desirable. Then again, I really don’t think that’s going to happen.

There’s also Old Man Boba, who I would need to buy one pass for. I’m still very much leaning towards doing him, but if I have to gear up Dash I’d get more value out of it. Sadly, that would also mean I’d have to think about Fennec. Beskar Mando would go with them and I’m not sure who the 5th would be. Maybe Greef? A tank like L3? They’re delaying Conquest again, so I shudder to think what changes they will be making this time.

In the meantime, I figure I can go back to seeing how close I am to GL Rey. I’m torn because she’d be better than almost anything else, but I don’t want to fall behind in the arena if LV suddenly becomes dominant.

Carbanti – 677/1300
    Stun Cuffs Salvage – 632/1100
    Kyrotech Shock Prod – 713/1050
    Stun Gun – 393/900
    Golden Eyes – 433/850
    Droid Caller Salvage – 594/750
    Mk 12 Fusion Furnace – 53/700
    Athakam Medpac – 102/680
    Zaltin Bacta Gel – 195/650
    Nubian Security Scanner – 103/560
    Kyrotech Battle Computer – 589/550

Fragmented Signal Data – 200/825
    Incomplete Signal Data – 186/715
    Flawed Signal Data – 103/255

Omnicrons – 28

Crystals – 4,374
    Farming is still slowly coming along. Finally have double drops for her.

Omega – 39/100​

jwall157 and Marc Tessier like this.
  6. Marc Tessier

Dear lord. How much do they want to torture us?

7. Marc Tessier

This is basically what I have done the last 2 Conquests aside from a few refreshes. Box 5 seems to be my sweet spot. And I agree with you that it's totally fine and far more enjoyable. Plus I don't really worry about the feats all that much playing it this way. After the first day, it works out to 5 or 6 battles each day.

Themistocles likes this.
  8. Electricboa

My guess is for two possible reasons. One is garden variety incompetence. They’re trying to redo the map so people can’t skip the shards, like they could last time. That should be simple because they had a map before that did it. But they are CG, so I wouldn’t be surprised if this was somehow a big problem for them.

The second reason could be the pass itself. They want to see how many people bought one, and if they did how many bought the fancier one. They would probably want to make the event harder to push people to buy it. Maybe they need to give it more value.

You figure there’s not really much incentive for the fancy one. It’s three times the price and you’re not getting much for it. Free changing of data disks? Nice, but most people are only going to use one combo—two at the most. So other than people wanting to theory-craft, that’s not a big thing. And theory-crafting is not that useful given the changing nature of the event. Different feats and different data disks mean at best you can get ideas for three Conquests.

The extra energy and stamina refresh is nice, but also a little meh. You’re going to have to spend crystals to get the max crate no matter what. It’s not like you’re going to save $20 worth of crystals (from doing the basic versus plus). And you’re probably going to spend almost the same number of crystals because you’re not going to want to wait and risk not making the max crate after you spent money.

The last bit is the 4-star data disk. It’s an okay one. I got it for free in one of my nodes. Not all that great, though. I think there were better ones, though it’s all RNG so I suppose a guaranteed 4-star one is nice. But it would be better if you could pick one disk from the whole pool so you can actually get one you want to use.

For $10, the basic pass gives you the extra shards and gear, which is all people really care about. Honestly, and I can’t help but feel I might jinx it, CG should have flipped them. The basic pass should have been the faster energy and stamina refresh rate. The $30 pack giving gear and shards would make more sense. The only real argument against it is I think people are more likely to spend $10 for it than $30. The people who would by the fancy version would buy it no matter what. They could add another reward track for the plus with more gear, I suppose.

But one of those two options is probably the delay. I think CG is pouring over the spending data. Fewer people are really trying this Conquest. I think some of that is people don’t see an immediate need for the new Boba, unlike CAT and Maul. He’s a decent character, but his draw is for TW and only if you have the omnicrons. That’s not going to appeal to everyone. A lot of people are taking it easy and that could be causing CG to panic.

9. Skywlkr76

Skywlkr76 Well-Known Member

I guess I’m less pessimistic, I figured they delayed Conquest because they all took off for the Thanksgiving holiday.

10. Electricboa

It’s certainly possible. I am jaded and have, unfortunately, come to expect the worst of CG. But in the past, I seem to recall when things would mess up during events during a weekend or holiday, we’d get a message that it would be addressed when everyone got back to the office the following week. So they would run things when they weren’t in the office if it was ready. If they’re not doing that now, I would assume there’s some reason.

And Conquest is probably a sore spot for them. When they first came out with it, I think it got a universally positive reception. And every time they’ve updated it since, it’s been getting more and more negative.

Just as an anecdote, I know someone in my fleet arena who sold his account. I had gotten to talking to him and he mentioned someone else in his guild had sold with account of about 8.5 million GP for $400. On top of that, the person who bought the account was paying the original owner $300 per Conquest to play it and get the max crate with the ultimate goal of getting Old Man Boba. I know the guild he’s in is full of whales, but that’s insane. Someone is paying more than double the cost of the account just so they don’t have to play Conquest. You figure 3 Conquests to get Boba is $900.

11. Marc Tessier

This made me laugh.

12. Marc Tessier

I thought the $10 pass was pretty good value and could see myself buying it at some point.

13. Marc Tessier

LV's ultimate - 4/12
    Omega - 40/85

Quiet week with Omega the only active farm, but I did manage to get Maul all the way up to R6. Just one more level and I'll consider him done.

And I'm flying casual on LV's ultimate. Even without it, his squad has breezed through the first three phases of the Dark Side Geo TB. Having a sure-fire 4/4 CM in phase 4 will make me happy.

I'm thinking of gearing Shoretrooper (G12) up to R4 for duty with LV, Empire and Trooper squads. But, I'm going to hold off for a little while as I'd like to know more about the Legends characters and how they'll be released.

And a belated Happy Thanksgiving to those of you in America. Have a great holiday weekend.

Skywlkr76 likes this.
  14. Electricboa

Stormtrooper seems to be the preferred choice over Shore for LV. I think because of the high defense. I’ve got Shore at R5 and it is nice. And Stormtrooper is also a Remnant unit, so if you want to go with a Gideon Trooper team, he’s going to be needed. But, yeah, I'd still wait.