1. We're looking for active, experienced players to help contribute and grow this site.

If your interested, PM NeoCHI.

A Good Day/Week

Discussion in 'Rants and Accomplishments' started by AhnNu Rie, Jan 26, 2018.

1. Marc Tessier

Marc Tessier Well-Known Member

Wrecker - 69/100
    Echo - 37/85
    Omega - 12/30

Added Omega to the daily farms, but don't see much point in spending crystals on refreshes at this stage.

Bumped Nute from R1 to R4 as I inch towards Lord Vader. I'll probably gear Wrecker next.

Have a wonderful weekend wherever this finds you. Cheers

2. Skywlkr76

Skywlkr76 Well-Known Member

JML Farm: 12/16
    BP Chewie - 57/100

Side Projects:
    I know I said I was going to bump GK to R8, but I forgot about the piece from the CPit raid that you need for R8. So instead, I bumped JKR up to R5, since I use him in arena, and bumped Bossk up to R3. Now that they're done, I'm back to farming relics for JTR.

I've got 2 more mods left to slice on Dengar, and then my primary BH team will be done, or at least as done as they're going to be for awhile.

Since I need to spend ship energy anyway, I'm collecting the gear to push Palp to G13. I really don't need much, just 57 more of the MK12 data pads and a few more pieces of kyrotech. I should hopefully knock that out pretty quick. I also pushed Stormtrooper to G12. No real reason, other than it made me happy.

I don't remember if I mentioned it the other day, but I finally got IPD to 7 stars. He had been sitting at 99/100 for so long, it was beginning to bother my OCD.

That's about it from my corner of the galaxy, hope everyone has a good weekend.

3. Laze

Laze Active Member

Love it. It’s so easy to get sucked into efficiency to an extreme in this game, and forget we’re also supposed to have some fun!

4. Themistocles

Themistocles Well-Known Member

Forgot to update last week! I'll post a quick one right now.

The big update is that the last two of us got our SLKR ults, so we are now officially all done with the SLKR journey! It was probably the most unique father/kid project that I've ever done with them. And to think we all unlocked nearly in the same week! Of course big papa has an R8 SLKR compared to their R7 SLKRs ;)

As for myself, I have now switched over to getting a Shaak/Clones squad to get KAM shards. Shaak is already relic'd, Rex is G12 4/6 and the rest at G12/G11. Fives was already R7 from my Neg fleet project.

The kids are working on parallel projects. They are getting their Padme squads to R5 to help out in CPit, LSGTB, and for Neg fleet readiness. Ballerina has 4 out of 5 Padme members at R5, and Komodo has 3 out of 5 at R5. This is a relatively simple project since their JKAs were already R5 and the rest of the Padme squads were already G12.

They are also farming Ewoks and both already have their Ewok squads in a state of gear readiness to try to take on C3PO's event as soon as they hit the requisite stars.

Have a great rest of your weekend everybody!

jwall157, Marc Tessier and Laze like this.
  5. Laze

Laze Active Member

Executor
    Kuiil: 48/100 G8
    IG-11: 51/100 G8
    Boba: R5
    Dengar: R0
    IG-88: G11
    zzPiett: 12/100 (+1*) G11
    IG-2000: 83/85
    Cad Bane G10 (+2)

Rebel Fleet
    Rebel Y-Wing: 36/100
    HMF: 0/85

Miscellaneous
    Chewpio: 100/100 G8 (DONE)
    Malevolence: 120/145

One more month till Executor. I’m running a little ahead on gear, so I started gearing Cad Bane for the fleet. For a small investment I was able to bring NS Zombie, Daka, and Asajj to G10, since they all had easy gear I decided to throw in Talzin’s lead zeta, and now I have a Nightsister team. Not a great one, but good enough to make the cut as an annoying GAC defensive team, and maybe I’ll be able to use them for future nightsister feats in conquest or galactic challenges.

I started buying up Malevolence shards since I’m starting to get close. Probably less than a month out. I also saw they were planning a galactic chase for the shards, which would be a nice accelerator.

Have a good week everyone.

6. Electricboa

Electricboa Moderator Staff Member

Needless to say, I took my Executor to 7-stars, which was incredibly annoying to have to do that battle over and over and over again. I finished getting all of Boba’s mods to Mk 6, so my Executor fleet is pretty much finished. Unless I decide to relic a pilot more. For now, there doesn’t seem to be any real need.

On the LV front, I took ARC Trooper to R8. I figured it would be more useful than Dooku right now. I’m working on Tarkin now. He’s R5 and I’m a day or two from R6. Bad Batch farming is progressing:

Wrecker – 62/100
    Echo – 72/85
    Omega – 1/65​

I will be able to take Wreaker to G12 as soon as he’s 7-stars.

Conquest started today. It’s always easier the second time because I know what teams I needed for each sector. I might need to refrain from Bad Batch refreshes to save up some crystals. Taking ARC to R8 knocked be below 1k and that’s a little close for comfort.

As a far-off project, I think I will probably take Royal Guard to R5 after I get LV and Maul. I do wonder about R8 for Darth Vader, but that’s way off. I’m definitely planning on LV for R8 just because it’s what I did with all the other GLs, but I’m not sure about OG Vader. I have been pleased with the Royal Guard touch up. It has made him a viable unit for a Palpatine team.

I think they're going to do a Galactic Chase for the Malevolence soon. They had some kind of poll for which people wanted more between the Malevolence and Negotiator. Malevolence won by about 5%. Depending on where they put it, you could take advantage of it.

Laze, Marc Tessier and Themistocles like this.
  7. Marc Tessier

Wrecker - done
    Echo - 61/85
    Omega - 27/30

Executor - done

Upgraded Wrecker to R5 today after I collected the last shards to bring him to 7 stars. It made me wonder how well Bad Batch (minus Omega) would work under a Shaak-Ti lead. Nute got bumped from R4 to R5.

7 LV requirements completed:
    Tech
    Wrecker
    Padme
    501st Echo
    BTL Y-Wing
    Arc Trooper
    General Skywalker

8 LV requirements remaining:
    Hunter - G9 (R5 req'd)
    Tusken Raider - G8 (R5 req'd)
    Embo - G8 (R5 req'd)
    BB Echo - G11 (R5 req'd)
    Dooku - R6 (R8 req'd)
    Zam Wesell - G9 (R7 req'd)
    Tarkin - R3 (R7 req'd)
    Nute - R5 (R7 req'd)

8. Skywlkr76

JML Farm: 12/16
    BP Chewie - Done
    MM - 13/30
    JTR - R5

Petty good progress this week. I finished off farming Chewie and took him straight to G12. That leave one last toon to farm. Now I just need to work on his gear and get him up to relics.

As far as side projects go, I finished off Dengar's mods and got Palp up to R1. He's probably going to sit there until I finish off the rest of the JML requirements.

That's about it, other than trying to find the motivation to actually play Conquest. I know I need to, it would be better if it were actually a fun game mode.

Have a good weekend, everyone.

9. Laze

Laze Active Member

Weekly progress:

Executor
    Kuiil: 63/100 G8
    IG-11: 66/100 G8
    zzPiett: 54/100 G11
    IG-2000: 35/100 (+1*)
    Cad Bane G11 (+1)

Rebel Fleet
    Rebel Y-Wing: 46/100
    HMF: 0/100 (+1*)

Miscellaneous
    Malevolence: 125/145

Another week of grinding shards for Executor. Some of them are getting close, and I’m still on pace to be ready for the October event. I’m trying to decide on a good “minimum viable” goal for the fleet, since I’m not keen on paying crystals to go all the way to 7* on it, unless I’m forced to by my fleet shard. I’m leaning towards going for 5*, with an R5 Cad and R4/5 BAM to go along with the event requirements.

I’ve settled into using Piett with Palp and Vader in GAC. I can comfortably beat relic geos with them, so that’s something at least. So Vader still has some use after his nerf.

I’ve also been messing with my mods to make JML battles more consistent with SLKR since I frequently have to climb through them in squad arena. This largely consisted of remodding Hux for tenacity, and has been fairly successful. I rarely lose against JML now, whereas before it was maybe 50/50.

Have a great week everyone.

10. Electricboa

Another week of LV requirements.

I finished Tarkin, so he’s now R7. I finished farming Wrecker and got him to R5, so he’s done, too. I have Bad Batch Echo ready for G12 when he’s 7 stars, so I’ve start working on Tusken Raider. He’s G11. Those stun guns were really slowing me down. I’m also working on Echo’s G12 gear, but I have some time on that. It’s mainly just relic stuff now.

I’ve started buying up zetas. I’m figuring I’m going to need 180. 6 for LV and 3 for Maul. I’m at 118 now.

Echo – 12/100
    Omega – 26/65​

So my remaining requirements are:

Tusken Raider – G11 / R5
    Echo - G11 / R5
    Dooku - R6 / R8
    Zam - R5 / R7
    Nute - R5 / R7​

I’m thinking about delaying Dooku for a while to get more relic materials for him. My next one will probably be Nute. I’m still figuring about 1-2 months for LV, depending on how the signal data farming goes.

Conquest is going better than last time, knowing what feats I already need to do. Some were a little different, I believe, but not drastically so. I did end up having to change my data disks. Weak Point was great for winning, but it became a problem when I was trying to stall a battle to do some of the feats. At least it only costs energy to change them now. That makes it a lot more palatable to changing things up. I’m 63 keycards from the max crate and have the feats I need to finish all planned out.

It seems like my strategy is to do the 50 crystal refreshes for the first week and then coast the last week doing clean up. I still have to jump around to different feats, though. Like I can’t just do Geos in a day, I need to skip a day for the stamina to recharge. Because I’ll buy a stamina pack over my cold dead body.

That does put me in a curious position. I very well could have Maul unlocked before LV. I’m not sure what I would do in that case. Maul is a lot easier to gear and it would give me a temporary Mandalorian team until I do get LV. But that would mean LV would take longer to gear when I do unlock him. And, obviously, I can’t relic Maul because I need that stuff for LV’s requirements.

Laze, Marc Tessier, Chronika and 2 others like this.
  11. Marc Tessier

Hey folks, just wanted to let you know that I've retired from the game. I put in notice last week with my guild to give them time to find a replacement and promised to play through the just ended TB. It was a tough decision, but I haven't been enjoying the game for at least a month and felt it was time. The changes to Conquest were a large part of it, but felt I should give it a shot before reaching a conclusion. After playing Conquest 7 and most of Conquest 8, I feel like I know everything I need. It's just way too time consuming and repetitive for my liking now.

There are other issues that have made the game less enjoyable to me and we've touched on them on these pages. They include the nerfs to GL counters, and negating the value of a GL by pairing them with a premium character exclusive to Conquest. After reading about relic 9, it cemented my decision to set aside my bowcaster. None of the changes over the past few months have been about making the game fun, at least to me.

Maybe I'll return. I don't know, but I definitely need a break. If I could develop the discipline to play casually, I could see myself returning. Time will tell.

I'll still pop in on this forum, but less frequently, because I like reading your posts and I know I'll still enjoy checking out new characters and discussing their kits with you all.

It's been a pleasure hanging with all of you here.

Until next time, may the Force be with you.

12. Skywlkr76

You will be missed, but I can certainly understand your decision, since I've been there myself. Good luck to you, and may the Force be with you.

And if you do decide to come back, casual is defiantly the way to go

Marc Tessier likes this.
  13. Electricboa

Sorry to hear that. I get it, it’s been a rough few months

Marc Tessier likes this.
  14. Themistocles

Themistocles Well-Known Member

Yeah I can definitely feel you. Ever since breaking into the top ranks of the squad and fleet arenas, I feel that sort of external pressure to keep up, and when things like Relic 9 come out...it's just a back breaker.

I'm sorry to see you go. You gave me a valuable piece of advice that I'm following currently: "You play the game, don't let the game play you." As a result I have been super casual on conquest this time around, just enough to grab the CAT and RC shards I need, and nothing more. I've been a lot happier this conquest as a result.

Marc Tessier likes this.
  15. Laze

Laze Active Member

Enjoy all the free time you'll have Marc! I've enjoyed reading your posts on here. I've always had in the back of my mind that the minute this game stops being fun, it's time to walk away. We'll see if I end up following that if/when the time comes :).

Marc Tessier and Themistocles like this.
  16. Dgmr

Dgmr Member

Echoing the sentiments expressed already. I’m a newer player and newer member here, but have enjoyed reading a lot of the posts including those on this thread (and find them useful as I consider my own approach to the game). As a Star Wars fan, I’m sad to see anyone walk away, but completely understand - I’ve come to accept/understand (but not appreciate) the tension between fandom and business (and the fact that CG doesn’t seem to find a balance). Anyway - best wishes and hope that 1) you find your way back someday and 2) the rest of us are able to carry on with enough enjoyment to keep this alive.

Marc Tessier likes this.
  17. Stormlink15

Stormlink15 Active Member

Farms:
    Hyena Bomber - Finished
    Gideon - 8/100, on hold
    Rebel Y-Wing - 51/100, on hold
    Vulture Droid - 58/85, on hold
    BTL-B - 44/85, on hold
    IG-2000 - 53/85
    Razor Crest - 320/145
    Mando - 56/100
    Cara - 32/100
    IG-11 - 62/65
    Kuiil - Finished
    Greef - Finished

Been a couple months since I last posted. I finished up the 501st gearing a while back, so the clones are all R5, with GAS and Fives at R7. The focus right now is Executor.
    Gearing for Executor went fast and it looks like I might get bottlenecked by shards.
    Completed:
    Bossk - R5
    Dengar - R5
    Vader - R7
    Piett - R8

Not Completed:
    Boba - R5
    IG-88 - R3
    TFP - Just needs 20 Furnaces to hit G13

After I finish up the gear/relics for those 3, I'll bring the mando characters to G8 and hold there and work hard to get those shards, and get gear for Cad Bane and Beskaar Mando. When I have all the requirements, I'll horde crystals so I can try and get 7-star executor as fast as I can.

18. Laze

Laze Active Member

Executor
    Kuiil: 84/100 G8
    IG-11: 85/100 G8
    zzPiett: 80/100 G11
    IG-2000: 70/100 (+1*)
    Cad Bane G11 (+1)

Rebel Fleet
    Rebel Y-Wing: 54/100
    HMF: 0/100 (+1*)

Miscellaneous
    Malevolence: 10/85 (UNLOCKED)

Getting near the end on Executor shards. Maybe another week or so. These non-accelerated shard farms are so painful, and I’m ready to be done.

More excitingly, I unlocked Malevolence this week. I already got to test drive it in TW, and can tell it’s a big step up from the Thrawn/Geo fleet I had been using as my #4, even with only a 4* vulture droid and hyena bomber. I’m looking forward to having it for GAC next week.

I’m one battle away from the penultimate box in conquest. It was a pretty easy, stress free run this time since I knew what to expect, and could skip most of the tedious feats. I bought 5-6 refreshes, last time it was many more than that. I’ve been trying to test out some of the feats I’m missing to see if I could go for top box next time. I think I’m close, but not 100% that I’d make it, and I would have to invest way more crystals to find out, so it would be a big risk.

Have a good week all!

19. Marc Tessier

This was a big part of my decision to walk away. It definitely felt like the game was playing me of late.

Oddly enough, I reinstalled the game yesterday to finish Conquest. It was gnawing at my brain that I was so close to the max crate. I felt like I should just finish off the last few feats and get what I deserved. I promptly uninstalled the app after collecting my loot. :)

20. Electricboa

[​IMG]

You could just play passively . . .