1. We're looking for active, experienced players to help contribute and grow this site.

If your interested, PM NeoCHI.

A Good Day/Week

Discussion in 'Rants and Accomplishments' started by AhnNu Rie, Jan 26, 2018.

1. Marc Tessier

Marc Tessier Well-Known Member

Well done!

jwall157 likes this.
  2. Marc Tessier

It has occurred to me that I may have reached a high point in terms of personal achievements in this game. I'm mostly holding in the top 10 overnight in Arena after unlocking/gearing JMK and CAT as quickly as I did. It's pretty much the same in Fleet Arena, where my Executor fleet is also holding in the top 10, although I occasionally slip to 11 or 12.

The LV requirements make me think I'll never again be able to start a GL event on its launch date like I did with JMK. And by the looks of where CG is taking Conquest, I'm not sure I'll have the patience or the roster to go for max crates all the time, which means I won't be unlocking high-powered toons like CAT in the fewest number of events as possible.

And this leads me to a quiet week in my little part of the galaxy.

Wrecker - 74/85
    Echo - 51/65

The Cantina node double drops allowed me to stockpile enough flawed signal data to bring Padme up to R7. But she'll have to stay there for a while as I cobble together salvage to get enough impulse detectors.

Other than that, just replenishing resources for LV requirements.

Crystal stash has reached 15k, so taking Executor to 7 stars will not be a problem.

3. Skywlkr76

Skywlkr76 Active Member

Well, after a brief sabbatical to rest and re-focus, I'm back on the holo-tables again. I'm going to, and Han once said, fly casual, and spend the rest of this calendar year finishing up JML and working on some side projects I've been putting off for way to long. Once the new year rolls around, I'll compare the state of the game with the state of my roster, and figure out what my next big project is going to be.

JML Farm: 12/16
    JTR - R2
    R2 - R1
    MM - 5/30 - G11
    BP Chewie - 66/85 - G11

Side Projects:
    Bossk - G12.4

I know, I should have taken Bossk to relics a long time ago. There just always seemed to be something else that needed to be done first. I think for the time being, I'm going to take him to R3, and then when I finish the JML requirements, I can swing back around and see if I need to take him any higher. Other than that, I took Greef to G12, gave Boba his zeta, and I'm working on finally getting around to slicing Boba's mods up to 5A.

All in all, I'd say it's not too bad for my first week back. Have a good weekend, everyone.

Laze, Marc Tessier and Themistocles like this.
  4. jwall157

jwall157 Active Member

Cool! Welcome back:)

Skywlkr76 likes this.
  5. Themistocles

Themistocles Well-Known Member

Glad to see you back buddy

Skywlkr76 likes this.
  6. Marc Tessier

Great to have you back!

Skywlkr76 likes this.
  7. Skywlkr76

Skywlkr76 Active Member

Thanks. It’s good to be back.

8. Laze

Laze Active Member

Weekly progress:

Executor
    Kuiil: 11/100 G8 (+1*)
    IG-11: 14/100 G8 (+1*)
    Boba: R4
    Dengar: R0 (+1)
    IG-88: G9 (+1)
    zPiett: 1/85 (+1*) G11 (+3, Emperor’s Trap zeta applied)
    IG-2000: 17/85 (+1*)
    Razor Crest: 333/145 (+40, DONE)

Rebel Fleet
    Rebel Y-Wing: 7/100
    HMF: 0/85 (UNLOCKED)

Miscellaneous
    Chewpio: 51/100 G8

Still on track for an Executor unlock in October. It was a relief that Razor Crest shards were pretty easy to obtain this conquest, so I was able to get the last 40 that were needed.

Conquest hard mode has been challenging, and I don’t think there’s much chance of max crate. I’ll be satisfied with a mid-tier crate and call it a win. I have at least made it halfway through sector 5 so far, although for a while there I was starting to have my doubts about getting past Maul. I ended up having to do some creative team and disk mixing, which is my favorite part about conquest. It’s just a shame swapping disks isn’t free.

Hope everyone has a great week with much success in Conquest!

Last edited: Sep 5, 2021
    Marc Tessier likes this.
  9. Themistocles

Me
    SLKR GRIND BAYBEEEEEE
    DONE

Post SLKR Cleanup
    R8 applied, DONE
    3 of 6 zetas applied, working on 4th.
    1/10 Ult

Mal Fleet
    Vulture Droid - 94/100, absolutely terrible week for this farm
    Mal - 25/85

Misc Farms
    Ebon Hawk - 63/85, up 1 star
    Bo Katan - 30/65 because 1 day, JMK

Looking back, it's been a blast doing this SLKR journey together. It's crazy that we unlocked within a week of each other.

Kids
    I'm exhausted right now, but I'll go back on this thread and see when they started officially on their 1st FO requirement. But yeah, this family has 3 total SLKRs in it now!

Post SLKR Cleanup
    Ballerina - SLKR is R7, all 6 zetas, 7/10 ult
    Komodo - SLKR is R7, all 6 zetas, 1/10 ult

Relic Padme Squad for Cpit
    Ballerina - GK R5 and DONE, Padme R4
    Komodo - GK R3, Padme at G12 and 5/6th

Laze and jwall157 like this.
  10. Marc Tessier

That's 3 more than my family!

Congrats!

Themistocles likes this.
  11. jwall157

jwall157 Active Member

My fleet shard might be getting its first Executor soon. And it’s by a guy who has chosen to ignore my invite to our chat. How exciting.

On a positive note, my GAS is relic 7! He is so much fun to use, in arena with Padme, in Conquest, and I even brought him into the Sith raid to solo phase one with the clones! (Wasn’t able to finish all of the phase since I accidentally missed an anihilate-blocker and GAS was insta-killed.) anyway, it was still fun to cheese the raid and see Rex’s Aerial Advantage stack up.

Now I’m kinda at a crossroads. As I gear up my 501st clones, I have many options of teams to work on, shard-wise. In no particular order, I could:
    1. Gear up my JKR team, and go for Darth Revan and then Malak
    2. Go for CLS team (won’t be that much of an investment - I already have a bunch of them ready to go)
    3. Imperial Trooper team - just because they’re cool
    4. Straight up start on JMK requirements, and hope by the time I finish I have access to relic 8 mats.
    5. Any other ideas?
    I feel like a good course of action would be a mix of #2 and #4. That way I could use relic Jango to get 7* Chewbacca, as well as a potentially relic Cad Bane (I may want to save him towards the end though since he’s bad) I already have a lot of his requirements geared up, like Shaak Ti, GG, Kenobi, GMY, Magnaguard, and will have Negotiator unlocked next TB.
    Any suggestions?

Edit: here’s my swgoh.gg profile for a better picture of where I’m at: https://swgoh.gg/p/252191742/

Have a great week!

Last edited: Sep 6, 2021
    Laze likes this.
  12. jwall157

jwall157 Active Member

Nice!

13. Electricboa

Electricboa Moderator Staff Member

And with that, I’ve successfully saved up the crystals I need to be able to 7-star the Executor. I can now actively work on LV’s requirements.

I took Zam to R4. I geared Embo from scratch to G13 R4. It’s funny, once upon a time I had planned on using Embo in my ideal BH team before they added better ones. I’ve finally got him. I did give him both Zetas. I’m not 100% sure about the leadership one, but it seems like an easy enough contract to fulfill. He’s actually pretty fun to use. Being able to dispel on his basic is nice to have. I’m also figuring that down the road, we’re going to need to gear Greef and OG Mando for some other event character. That would finish off my second BH team.

After doing Embo, I was finally at the point where I needed to start gearing Bad Batch. I still have a lot of relics to do, but the only characters who weren’t at G13 were Bad Batch and the Tusken Raider. So I took Hunter to G13, since he was at 7-stars. Tech is G11, but I have the gear to take him to G12. He just needs to get to 7-stars. Wreaker and Echo are G10 and G8 respectively. I ran out of Stun Guns, so that’s it. I will need more Kyrotech, too, but that’s down the line. Mostly, it’s just stun Guns holding me back now.

Ultimately, my main focus is going to be relics. It’ll take me a while now that I’m actively farming them to save up enough. I’m figuring maybe 2 months to get LV? Now that I’m above water on the crystals front, I can start doing refreshes to finish up Bad Batch and start getting relic signal data.

Tech – 97/100
    Wrecker - 16/100
    Echo - 23/85​

Once you have a GAS/501st team, you really don’t need to make getting DR and Malak a priority. GAS will hold just as well if you want to start moving towards a GL. Obviously, DR and Malak are still good and worth getting in time, but a GL would be more beneficial, since that would improve your arena performance.

I would skip CLS entirely. You have no real Rebels geared except C-3PO. You would need to gear any team from scratch to use, so if you were going to do it, you might as well go the best CLS team:

CLS (L), Raid Han, Chewie, Chewpio, and C-3PO​

But that team really shines at G13, so you’re talking about a pretty substantial investment. If you were doing JML, then I could see it, but if you’re looking at JMK, then you’re going well out of your way and not making any progress on your GL of choice.

As far as an Imperial Trooper team, same rational as CLS. If you were looking at SEE, then it would make more sense, but without SEE you’re just gearing a team that isn’t leading to anything better. Again, Troopers, like CLS, really needs to be G13 to be good.

Going for JMK is a risk if you don’t know If you’ll have the R8 material when you’re ready. You also don’t have CAT, yet. She’s a big part of what makes JMK a top team. The second best JMK team uses KAM, which you don’t have, either. I’m not saying that you should reconsider JMK, but without CAT or KAM, the utility is going to be hampered quite a bit.

I’m not really sure. LV is out because of the higher R8 requirements. You are closest to JMK, but I would say you should focus on that and CAT. Hopefully, she’ll be easier to get by the time you’re close to getting JMK.

Last edited: Sep 7, 2021
    Marc Tessier and Laze like this.
  14. Skywlkr76

Skywlkr76 Active Member

This game has been around 5+ years, and we're still getting stuck farming for stun guns

Themistocles likes this.
  15. Marc Tessier

Wrecker - 23/100
    Echo - 9/85

Mentioned this in the Conquest thread, but promoted Tech to R5 this week. It kills 2 birds with one stone since he's required for LV and I can inch toward the Bad Batch feat in Sector 5 -- currently at 28/40 on BB kills.

Promoted Echo to G11 and initially was thinking I'd need him for the feat, but Tech's doing fine on his own. Now wish I'd held off and saved the gear for Wrecker since he's much closer to 7 stars. Oh well, at least it's not wasted.

And I just bumped Padme to R8, leaving Dooku as my final R8 requirement to finish for LV. So I now have 6 of the 15 requirements completed. But I have less than 50 of each type of kyro salvage and just under 200 stun guns (Wrecker eats up 200 on his own), so no reason to get excited yet. It's still going to be a long slog.

Then there's the Maul question. If I activate him before LV, which is by no means a given at this point, is it better to gear him up immediately at the expense of pushing back Vader? We shall see which way the Force winds blow ...

Laze and Themistocles like this.
  16. Skywlkr76

Skywlkr76 Active Member

It's been an exciting week in my corner of the galaxy. My former guild leader reached out the other day to let me know they had a free spot available, so I was able to rejoin my old guild.

JML Farm: 12/16
    BP Chewie - 26/100

Side Projects:
    Bossk - R1

I took Bossk to R1 and I'm holding there for a couple of days. I've been having a problem timing out against Neg mirror matches, so I've decided to go ahead and push GK up to R8 to see if that helps. I should finish GK off this weekend, so when that's done, I'll finish Bossk off and then be back to working on JML requirements.

It's been a long week, y'all have a good weekend, and let's all go have a cold one.

17. Laze

Laze Active Member

Weekly progress:

Executor
    Kuiil: 31/100 G8
    IG-11: 30/100 G8
    Boba: R5 (+1)
    Dengar: R0
    IG-88: G11 (+2)
    zzPiett: 55/85 G11 (2nd zeta applied)
    IG-2000: 53/85

Rebel Fleet
    Rebel Y-Wing: 22/100
    HMF: 0/85

Miscellaneous
    Chewpio: 76/100 G8

Not much new this week. Just continuing to grind out shards for Executor. The gearing is going fast, and should be done well before the shards. The only bottleneck I’ve hit is on the Mk 8 Biotech Salvage, which is a new one for me. I’ve always had more than enough from weekly challenges.

I’m excited to have Piett at a usable level, and am planning on sticking him with my Palp/Vader team since I don’t have any troopers geared. I’ll have to see what kind of teams that can kill - hopefully Piett can make up some of the ground Vader lost in his nerf.

Have a great week all!

jwall157, Themistocles and Skywlkr76 like this.
  18. Themistocles

I will say that Vader paired with Piett in GCs...it does kind of feel like the Vader of old.

19. Marc Tessier

That's cool.

After being in the Chinese guild EASB for a couple of years with only one point of contact among fellow guildies, I felt really happy to rejoin my previous guild, TNR Uprising.

20. Electricboa

Electricboa Moderator Staff Member

I was able to get the max crate, so I’m 1/3 of the way to Maul. Let’s face it, I have extra incentive to do Maul because of LV, but I’m probably going to be going for every new character/ship from conquest because they’re going to either be great or needed for something.

The trek to LV continues. I got Hunter to R5, so he’s finished. Tech is R4 and I’m working on him now. That’s kind of been it. The other two Bad Batch characters need Stun Guns and so does the Tusken. So I’m at a bottleneck there. I’m still looking at 350 more Stun Guns and I’m at 36 now. That’s mostly going to probably come from crystals after I save up enough. For now, I should be able to G12 Wreaker as soon as he’s 7-stars.

Basically, I’m now doing one refresh each on the Bad Batch clones and two refreshes in the Cantina. I want to get a nice buffer (not counting the crystals earmarked for Executor) before I start buying gear. Besides, I’m still figuring the signal data farming is going to take a while, so it’s not like rushing the Stun Guns is really going to do anything.

That being said, I am looking forward to having Bad Batch. It’ll be nice to have another team for LS TB and GAC. I did give them all their zetas. I figured I might as well. I might toss them in GAC just to see how they fare. I have started farming Omega, but I’m not sure if I’m actually going to gear her. From what I remember, Bad Batch did fine without her and I already have Cody and Sergeant, so I have a good 5th Clone I can drop in. But Omega is probably going to be needed for a GL Boba or something, so I might as well farm her now when I don’t have to so I have her when she’s needed.

Tech – Finished
    Wrecker – 40/100
    Echo – 44/85
    Omega – 7/30​

It looks like the Executor will be back in 4 days I’m all set and ready. I did finish getting Mk 6 mods on all my BH ships except Boba. He’s at 2/6 now. It’s a slow process, but I think it will be worth it.

Laze, Marc Tessier and jwall157 like this.