1. We're looking for active, experienced players to help contribute and grow this site.

If your interested, PM NeoCHI.

A Good Day/Week

Discussion in 'Rants and Accomplishments' started by AhnNu Rie, Jan 26, 2018.

1. Laze

Laze Active Member

Progress this week:

Finalizer: 60/65
    Other SLKR reqs: DONE

BTLB Y-wing: 12/30
    Negotiator: 85/85

I collected the last bit of gear needed for the Kylo reqs yesterday and brought everyone up after locking into the next round of GAC. As soon as I collect the last few Finalizer shards in the event tomorrow I’ll be ready to start farming tickets!

I saw a chart somewhere that showed it takes 10.1 days for unlock and 16.8 days for ultimate if you buy the 50 crystal refreshes and don’t fail any battles. This can be accelerated to 6.8 and 11.3 if you buy the 100 crystal refreshes, so about 10 days faster. This seems worth it to me. I could shave another 3.5 days by doing 200 crystal refreshes, but that seems like a waste, and I probably can’t afford it anyway.

If I hit the 100 crystal refreshes, I should have Kylo ready for R8 within a couple days of unlocking him, and I already have the 6 zetas ready to drop.

Anyone have words of wisdom before I start on this whole ticketing business?

Last edited: Jun 6, 2021
  2. Electricboa

Electricboa Moderator Staff Member

CG claims that you get tickets based on the amount of energy you spend rather than the number of battles. That should mean you can farm higher end gear, like Kyrotech and still get a similar number of tickets. That being said, anecdotally, when I did JML, it did seem like I did better with low energy nodes. It might have worked out in the long run, but I was impatient so I went with what seemed faster to me.

As far as the tiers themselves, make sure you look up some guides. The rock/paper/scissor one is tedious and stupid to the point where you’re going to question how someone could make that and truly think it was a good idea. Once you get to the battles against GL Rey, you’re going to want some guidance for that, too. I don’t really remember specifics, so while I can test things if you want, it’s still best to find a YouTube video on strategy, to be safe.

Laze likes this.
  3. Marc Tessier

Marc Tessier Well-Known Member

That's awesome. Congrats!

4. Marc Tessier

Armorer - done
    Bo-Katan - 53/100
    Dark Trooper - 32/85

Decided to gamble and go all-in on Master Kenobi. I bought 135 Bo-Katan shards with crystals to really push her farm along. I also brought Mace Windu up to R3, so now 9 of the 10 known requirements are done. Feeling confident that KAM won't be in the final batch of 5 and that I'm in good shape gear wise. Fingers crossed. Definitely excited for the release later this week.

With the Armorer's shards complete, I added Dark Trooper back into my daily farming routine. There was one slight hiccup though as I mistakenly promoted Armorer from G8 to G9, which used up 100 kyros, 100 carbanti and 50 stun guns. Oh well, there's a high chance I'll be gearing her at some point down the road.

More soon.

Laze and jwall157 like this.
  5. Themistocles

Themistocles Well-Known Member

I'd agree with Electricboa re: ideal nodes. When I was going after SEE, I had all the gear I needed to get him to G12 immediately, so I figured that I would simply stockpile carbantis from the 8 energy node. For some reason it seemed that I got more tix from that node than a 10 energy node, so that was my go-to. I tried doing some character farms on 20 energy nodes to see if CG's words really rang true, but man it seemed like the tix were not flowing from that so I stopped that after a few tries.

Laze likes this.
  6. Themistocles

Me
    SLKR GRIND BAYBEEEEEE
    Kylo's Command Shuttle - 26/85
    KRU to G13 and R3, holding for now
    Kylo OG to G11+, holding
    Executioner to G11, holding
    FOO to G11, holding

Separatist Zeta Squad Project
    Now we wait on zetas to free up...

Misc Farms and Gear
    Gideon CTS Zeta - applied

Sith Fleet Stabilization
    B-28 Bomber - 70/100
    Emperor's Shuttle - 13/85, up 1 Star

Mal Fleet Preparation
    Hyena Bomber - 10/100, up 1 Star

Neg Fleet Stabilization
    Neg - 70/100

Notes:
    I'm about to apply R8 on GK, just keep meaning to do it when my kids are watching because they wanted to see me apply it. But that's going to be a big milestone for the next report. SLKR reqs are humming along, if I do say so myself. Although I am gearing FOST now and he's a royal pain.

Kids
    Not much to say here other that we continue to pound on the two remaining Finalizer ships and Hux and SiT each day. Chugging along.

Ballerina SLKR Progress: 4x G13, 3x G12, 4x G11s...Increase of 1x G12
    Hux - 44/85
    SiT - 42/85
    Kylo Ren Cmd Shuttle - 16/85
    Xanadu Blood - 74/85

Komodo SLKR Progress: 4x G13, 2x G12, 5x G11, 1x G8
    Hux - 50/85
    SiT - 16/85, up 1 Star
    Kylo Ren Cmd Shuttle - 40/65
    Xanadu Blood - 19/85

Laze, jwall157 and Marc Tessier like this.
  7. Electricboa

With the last set of requirements dropped, I went on a spending spree. I was sitting at around 25k crystals and spent about 10k. Most of it was to finish farming Bo-Katan. Was it a good idea? I’m not sure. At the very least, it showed me which gear I need to finish the requirements which I can now farm in the week until JMK is released. I might not have realized otherwise.

So I took GMY to R8, Shaak Ti and Jango to R7, Cad Bane and Cody to R5, and Bo-Katan is at G12. I need a bunch of the hypo syringes 80 for Bo-Katan and it turns out KAM needs 80, too. So that’ll be my farming focus this last week. I will likely hold off on KAM until after JMK just in case I need the gear more for JMK. I think take him to G11 and gave him the zeta, though.

But as of now, Bo-Katan is the only requirement I haven’t finished. All those relic levels decimated by gear hoard. I think that might have wiped out any hope Rey had for being done. By the time I restock, I’m guessing it’ll be Fallen Anakin time.

At the very least, I’m definitely going to do KAM, whether I wait for JMK or not is up in the air. I’m also very tempted to do Barriss. Depending on JMK’s kit, I likely will end up doing her so I can use GMY elsewhere for GAC. You figure at R8, my JKR team just got pretty powerful. And, of course, Barriss needs 80 more of the hypo syringes. CAT is also very likely to be on my list, too.

I do still have quite a bit of gear left:

Carbanti – 1,300
    Stun Cuffs – 1,000
    Stun Guns – 560
    Kyrotech Shock Prod – 660
    Kyrotech Computer – 800​

Most of the stuff I used/salvaged were G12 and G12+ gear. The stuff I listed is actually fairly close to what I would need for Rey, but JMK is going to eat into a substantial chunk of it. Plus, I’m probably going to take him to R8, so more gear to salvage.

But it’s getting to the point where I’m regularly facing people with 4 GLs to my 3. I’m almost expecting when I get JMK, I’ll be against people with all 5.

Still farming Dark Trooper (4/100). Bad Batch should be moving to nodes soon enough. I’m leaning more and more towards skipping Bad Batch entirely. I’ll have 4 viable teams for LS Geo, 5 if I remember to save C-3PO for CLS. With Shaak Ti at R7, that makes my entire 501st KAM R7. I don’t really see the point in trying to get another team to work when that one already does.

8. Marc Tessier

I'm slipping in a second update this week since I'm so excited about Master Kenobi.

Bo-Katan - done
    Dark Trooper - 50/65
    Hunter - 8/30

Spent 800 crystals for the final 10 Bo-Katan shards and promptly promoted her to R5. All requirements for Master Kenobi are now complete and for the record I'm using the "So Uncivilized" title with Qui-Gon's portrait. I opted to buy the remaining shards after seeing the in-game notification for double drops on LS and fleet nodes this weekend. Bo-Katan shards were on a DS node, so thought it was worth it to be able to use the energy on Dark Trooper and Hunter shards, as well as shock prods.

Although we still don't know Master Kenobi's gear list, I think I'm in pretty good shape.

Kyro Shock Prods - 284
    Kyro Battle Computers - 592
    Carbanti - 1019
    Stun Cuffs - 594
    Stun Guns - 428
    Droid Callers - 505

The G12 and G12+ gear is hit and miss. I've got some of it, but am really low on some pieces like multi tools, gold medpacs and purple hypo syringes.

Signal data:
    Fragmented - 265
    Incomplete - 274
    Flawed - 97

I've got enough scrap to reach R5, but only 6 Electrium Conductors, 0 Zimbiddles and 0 Impulse Detectors.

But I do have 10k crystals at my disposal to help speed up the gearing process.

This may be the only GL event I'll be ready for on day one. Bring it!

Have a blast this weekend. Cheers!

Laze, jwall157 and Themistocles like this.
  9. Laze

Laze Active Member

Awesome that you’ll both get Kenobi so easily.

My update this week is a little dull. I gave FOST his zeta. Outside of that ... I’ve been farming tickets for GL Kylo. I’m buying all the 50/100 crystal refreshes, and have been getting around 60 tickets/day farming for stun guns. There was one aberrant day where I farmed kyro computers instead, and only got 40. I’m sure that’s just a coincidence. All other resources are still going towards Kylo’s gear. So far the event has not been difficult, and I have not failed any battles.

I expect to unlock Kylo tomorrow. Unfortunately, I think I’m going to be a bit short on the gear to take him to G13 before GAC lock, but I’ll have him at G11 or G12, depending how things break. Shouldn’t be more than a couple days after that for R8, if I decide to do it (I may stop at R7 and see how that feels before spending the R8 materials).

I’m going to have some tough calls to make for his mods, depending who I steal them from. My best sets are speed sets and have some with decent offense secondaries, so I’ll probably start with those rather than an offense set. But that means stealing from DR/BSF, and I’m not sure I want to change their mods yet since I use them to climb through Kylos in arena. I’m not sure mirrors will be doable without the ultimate.

I guess the other update is that I’m improving at LS Geo TB. Last time around I got 4 waves total, this time I’m at 7 and counting with the same toons. This is entirely due to a tip someone in my guild gave me that you want to mod GMY fast on your JKR team (even faster than JKR himself). I went from 1/4 in P1 to 3/4 in P2 & P3 by following that strategy.

Have an excellent week everyone!

10. Themistocles

Do you think you'll get him to R8 as soon as you can or wait and see if he's worth it first?

11. Electricboa

Kylo is completely worth the R8, even though it’s insanely expensive. You’ll be able to use him at G12 in GAC or TB, but I don’t think you’ll be able to win the last two event battles for the ultimate mats without G13.

As far as mirrors, yeah, not having the ultimate severely limits you. Even against Rey. Being able to strategically make yourself invincible does a lot. You’ll easily beat SEEs with or without the ultimate. Everyone else is iffy. It’s possible to win, but if you can already climb as-is, it might be worth trying to wait out the ultimate. Either that or create a loadout of whoever has your fastest mods and switch it between them and Kylo.

Laze likes this.
  12. Marc Tessier

I probably will, but by that point some of the YouTubers will already have him at R8 and we'll have somewhat of an idea if it's worth it. At the end of the day, I don't think it's wasted on a GL.

13. Marc Tessier

Not sure "easy" is the right word, but I understand where you're coming from. It's more a combination of having played since Feb 2016, a deep collection, luck in having many of the requirements at G12 and relic levels, investing in solid characters over time, and using resources wisely.

Your posts demonstrate a strong understanding of resource management, more so than me actually. You're really killing it!

Laze likes this.
  14. Laze

Laze Active Member

True, with good planning and time the difficult can appear easy. Your ability to hoard served you well.

Because I haven’t mastered that ability, I squandered some GET1 on stun guns today. I unlocked Kylo and only had 10 stun gun salvage standing between me and R7 Kylo, so I pulled the trigger. Totally worth it, not only was my arena climb so much easier, but I got it in ahead of GAC lock. Looks like I’m the only one in my bracket with a GL. This should be fun!

Marc Tessier and Themistocles like this.
  15. Themistocles

Me
    SLKR GRIND BAYBEEEEEE
    Kylo's Command Shuttle - 66/85
    FO SF TF - 73/10, not a hard requirement but figured Finalizer would be incomplete without this (what the hell else do I put in a Finalizer fleet?)
    KRU at R3, holding
    Kylo OG to G12+ and 4/6, holding. Waiting for serendipitous HSTR drops to finish this off.
    Executioner to G11, holding
    FOO to G11, holding
    FOST to G11, holding
    Hux to G9 and 5/6, current gearing project
    Hux 34/65, current FO shard farm

Separatist Zeta Squad Project
    1st Zeta applied! GG's MM

Sith Fleet Stabilization
    B-28 Bomber - 7 star and DONE, thank the heavens I hate grinding on ships
    Emperor's Shuttle - 29/85, wow I got horrible luck last week looking at this

Mal Fleet Preparation
    Hyena Bomber - 35/100

Neg Fleet Stabilization
    Neg - 70/100
    GK got his R8

Notes:
    My first R8 went on GK. JMK here I come! /s

So I realized something in the last week or so. Now that I wised up and realized that SEE + Wat as a duet are a wrecking ball on offense, my immediate need for SLKR in squad arena diminishes slightly now that my SEE easily handles every SEE mirror in the book, and Reys too.

Putting SLKR on squad arena defense probably wont help me much in my JML-heavy arena. At least its JML heavy in the top 35. I'd probably get picked on even more than I do. That being said, I still absolutely intend on going SLKR and getting him done for all of his Raid/PVE/GAC value. There's no deviation there, but I am now probably stressing about his mods less so, at least compared to SEE. I don't think I'm going to strip my best DSR/BSF speed mods off them to feed SLKR as I can probably still do what I need to in GAC with him not having the absolute best I've got. I like the idea of having 2 teams (my fast SE team or my SLKR team) being two teams that could potentially pose a huge concern in GAC at my current GP level.

If y'all think I'm making a mistake in terms of not prioritizing my best speed mods, let me know.

Kids
    Not much in the way of exciting gear upgrades. We are firmly in the dog days of shard hunting.

Ballerina SLKR Progress: 4x G13, 4x G12, 3x G11s...Increase of 1x G12
    Hux - 5/100, increase of 1 star
    SiT - 80/85
    Kylo Ren Cmd Shuttle - 45/85
    Xanadu Blood - 37/100, increase of 1 star and wow I just realized that double drops gave us something like a +40 shard swing here

Komodo SLKR Progress: 4x G13, 2x G12, 5x G11, 1x G8
    Hux - 11/100, increase of 1 star and wow a ~60 shard swing, thanks double drops!
    SiT - 54/85
    Kylo Ren Cmd Shuttle - 14/85, up 1 star
    Xanadu Blood - 42/85

Laze likes this.
  16. Themistocles

That first GAC week post GL R7 unlock was sweeeeeeeet, not going to lie. Feel no remorse in blocking anybody! We all made our roster choices, and we work with what we have on hand....

Laze and Marc Tessier like this.
  17. Laze

Laze Active Member

I'm not saying you shouldn't farm it, because it's supposed to part of the best FO starting lineup, but you can get things done without it. I've been dragging my feet on it because I hate spending those precious guild tokens, so I've been getting by with the 3 FO ships you have to use for Finalizer unlock, with a G8 Xanadu and G6 Consular as reinforcements. Anyone who can call an assist to KRU is useful in a FO fleet, since the entire strategy revolves around feeding him turns while he kills stuff. I won't be taking out any maxed Negotiators with this, but it has been easily handling my opponent's 2nd fleet in GAC (e.g. geo trio, mismatched high gear ships, stuff like that). It can also handle decent Rebel teams because you can take out HMF before the enemy even takes a turn.

Themistocles likes this.
  18. Electricboa

And with a record 43 shards this time, KAM is now 7-stars.

[​IMG]

I ended up taking him to R5. For now, that will be it. I want to make sure I have enough to be able to R8 JMK once I unlock him. Of course, it would have been nice if that had happened before the GAC lock, but oh well. There are some people who didn’t finish KAM, because they weren’t with the guild when we started getting KAM shards, but a significant portion are finished (at least 18)

So now, I only really have JMK in my immediate future. Once he gets put in-game and we can see the gear requirements, I’ll be focusing on gathering what I need. I have some saved LS tickets from JML, but it’ll still be most of a week till he’s unlocked.

I’m also seriously considering doing Barriss. I’m not that far away from her, assuming JMK doesn’t have a lot of overlapping gear. I won’t be a big deal to finish her and I’ll pretty much have all the good Jedi finished.

On the farming front, the double drops were nice:

Dark Trooper – 47/100
    Hunter – 20/30​

We only go into P4 top and bottom, so we don’t have access to the SM that requires KAM and Shaak Ti. I imagine that we might start doing it as people get JMK. A lot will likely have him by the next LS TB.

Laze likes this.
  19. Marc Tessier

Congrats! That's a huge achievement. You'll be able to field the best JMK squad in Arena whether it's KAM or CAT.

We do the KAM mission in P4, so not sure how we'll do. We did pick up 3 shards from a few peeps yesterday, so I now have a 5-star KAM at 0/85.

20. Marc Tessier

Master Kenobi - 145/330
    Dark Trooper - 37/85
    Hunter - 16/65
    Tech - 7/30
    KAM - 18/85

The Master Kenobi event is easy, which I think it should be if they are going to make us farm these stupid tickets. I'm doing the 3x 50, and 3x 100 crystal refreshes a day on normal energy to speed up the unlocking process. I need around 30 pieces of salvage total to finish his gear. Yay!

It's worked out nicely with DT, Hunter and Tech all ending on LS nodes, so I can farm them while collecting GL event tickets at the same time. Any leftover energy will go to farming shock prods.

My guild set a new record with 21 KAM shards, and the progress we're making is good to see. The guys coaching players through the battle on discord through screen shares has really helped. I did the screen share this time and won comfortably despite a miss tap and using Rex's "Aerial Assault" to kill Jango the first time when a basic probably would have accomplished the same thing. Also enjoyed it when the guys were gushing about the speeds of my crit damage set for ARC, and the offense set for Echo.

Over and out.

Have a great weekend!

Laze and Themistocles like this.